The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cutting Paper with Rocks by Andrea Rizzolini (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tmayer
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Tmayer
Has anyone took the plunge on this? http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10996

Seems interesting, and I'm a sucker for RPS effects. Just been burned too many times on these downloads.

If anyone has purchased it let me know how you like it.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I don't have it, but reading the ad copy I guess you are not playing RPS the normal way, it sounds more like you have predictions written down, or perhaps on a card, read it carefully!
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
I have had the pleasure of writing the foreword of this book so I can answer your questions and I will do it as sincerely as possible.
The effect is built in an extremely clever way and allows you to have an incredible piece of almost propless mentalism always with you. Andrea uses two well-known principles, but takes them to the next level. This allows you to play without strange procedures to a game of rock paper scissor, keeping in mind that it still requires a little compromise to make the effect 100% reliable.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
It’s a boring plot , from my experience of watching many versions of it Smile
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
I think that the rock, paper, scissor routines are always very beautiful and engaging especially because they allow the audience to immediately understand what you can do, because they can easily relate with this childish game that everyone has played.
In particular, this version is a quick and effective opener that, as it is structured, immediately catches the attention and interest of the viewer, delivering an example of pure mentalism.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Even children have moved on from this it’s boring even for my kids playing the original version imo and theirs Smile
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I love the late Great Jorge Garcia's RPS chair test and still think it will be hard to beat !

*From his Meet the Jack DVD.

regards
Dr Rob
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, casco1 wrote:
I think that the rock, paper, scissor routines are always very beautiful and engaging especially because they allow the audience to immediately understand what you can do, because they can easily relate with this childish game that everyone has played.
In particular, this version is a quick and effective opener that, as it is structured, immediately catches the attention and interest of the viewer, delivering an example of pure mentalism.

So you spent $14.99 on this?

And it plays out the way RPS actually does, or there are written predictions involved, which makes it somewhat odd to say the least.

I'd need to see this in a full performance to be convinced that it's a worthwhile thing to buy, and lord knows that that will never happen.

Without knowing any more about it, I'd have to say that this really sucks, but yet I'm perversely drawn into reading about it here.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
Having written the foreword, I clearly didn't pay for it.
The effects is constructed so that if you were to play rock, paper, scissor for real, you would win for sure.
Obviously that is not true and the spectator can do whatever he wants to do, but the routine is constructed in a way that the performer never loose.
In order to do so, there are some written prediction involved, which are completely justified.
In any case, I would like do underline again that the most interesting thing is how known principles are used in a new and effective way.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Oh, I didn't realize that you wrote the forward.

I shudder to think of how badly written this work must be, based on you writing "The effects is constructed", "the performer never loose", "some written prediction involved", and "I would like do underline again" here in this thread.

God, the the educational system has fallen apart.
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, casco1 wrote:
The effect is built in an extremely clever way and allows you to have an incredible piece of almost propless mentalism always with you.

What is 'almost propless'? Either it is propless or it utilizes props. Those non-existing euphemisms I can only laugh about.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

I shudder to think of how badly written this work must be, based on you writing "The effects is constructed", "the performer never loose", "some written prediction involved", and "I would like do underline again" here in this thread.

Well, Jack, he spelled “foreword” correctly, and you didn’t, so... I guess the system failed you, too..?

Smile

Seth
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
If you think that to write a post on this online forum, I put the same attention and commitment that I used to write the foreword of a book then your educational system did not work much better than mine.
Obviously, each of my posts is thought out and rethought, subjected to the scrutiny of an entire team that then takes care of rereading and revising it so that it is free of any error, just as it was done for the book.
The only thing I ask you is to read what has been written above, before writing, asking useless questions. At least so the next time you will avoid making bad figures.
Furthermore, before being pedantic, ignorant and presumptuous, think that on the other side there could be someone who is not a native English speaker. In any case, avoid derailing this post further. If you want to talk more about the studies I've dealt with, you can write to me privately, possibly in Italian or Spanish; surely you will have no difficulty Smile

Thanks Seth for the support!
casco1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of casco1
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, bangustar wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2018, casco1 wrote:
The effect is built in an extremely clever way and allows you to have an incredible piece of almost propless mentalism always with you.

What is 'almost propless'? Either it is propless or it utilizes props. Those non-existing euphemisms I can only laugh about.

Practically, the effect is almost propless in the sense that in some cases it may be necessary to use something tangible, making the effect non-propless.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
It’s the premise that is pants and boring full stop .
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2018, Seth speaks wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

Well, Jack, he spelled “foreword” correctly, and you didn’t, so... I guess the system failed you, too..?

Smile

Seth

Got me there, Seth, but I'm writing on my cell phone with auto correct (gotta have an excuse, right?), and I'm not professionally publishing anything.

If I thought that he had spelled "foreword" wrong when I originally posted, I would have pointed that out also.

My phone is trying to correct that spelling right now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cutting Paper with Rocks by Andrea Rizzolini (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL