The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Bicycle decks ruined in the box. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Has anyone bought new decks of Bicycle cards that were ruined in the box before you ever opened the boxes?

I just recently picked up four decks from Wally World, and three of the decks looked like they had in smeared on the deck edges. There was no markings on the boxes, it was just the edges of the decks that were ruined.
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
Taylor Haws
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Taylor Haws
You've got to keep in mind that USPCC is printing thousands of decks per day. I have received a few faulty ones. once I got a deck that was so unevenly cut, you could see the edge of another deck (I think it was a Bee deck) on the edge. what's nice about bicycles is that they are so cheap, that it really doesn't matter if you find a few misprinted ones. I generally get my decks from Costco because you can get a brick of bikes for $15
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Smeared on the edges sounds like water damage!!!! I can't explain the untainted boxes, but just a little moisture eg from being in a pocket during a rainy day can cause the edges to 'smear'. Lynn
Carlo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco, California
244 Posts

Profile of Carlo
Bicycle cards are now $16.99 for a dozen, here in California. I don't remember the edges being so water-sensitive in the past. Who would need daub, when all that's required is a little moisture on your fingers from the outside of your drink?
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2018, Carlo wrote:
Bicycle cards are now $16.99 for a dozen, here in California. I don't remember the edges being so water-sensitive in the past. Who would need daub, when all that's required is a little moisture on your fingers from the outside of your drink?

I know it's only a relatively inexpensive deck, but it was annoying when I discovered that just a little rain water in my pocket would ruin every single card (just on the edges). On the other hand, I had some practice cards for folds, etc. lol Lynn
Grey
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
45 Posts

Profile of Grey
Sorry to hear about your crappy-quality-control cards! Perhaps a refund/replacement is called for.

In my experience, especially working bars and tables, sources of moisture (booze, ketchup, H2O, sweat) are all pretty detrimental to the deck.
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Elliot 1927-1956
magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Walmart took them back no problem.

Smeared as in ink that bled over, it looked like blue ink on both of my red decks and one of two of my blue decks.
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Bicycle decks ruined in the box. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL