The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » The Wizard Product Review October 16, 2018 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Found this on Facebook, don't know why, but not easy finding it on YouTube, I guess because wrong day listed. Sorry, have no idea which number this is, or if they are numbering any longer. Not on Facebook anyway.

Sorry no way to copy and paste product listing.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks for posting Bill. The Gecko Pro seems worth a look!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Wizard, it sure does, but there seems to be more people that don't like it, then then do. Of course we don't know how knowledgeable they are in magic and what it takes to create a top illusion.

Seems most think the demo is more creative camera angles then how it looks in the real world. It is pricey, but it seems David Penn has used it in the past.

The new get ready is what interest me most, that is what makes it so amazing.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Yeah, I am in the really disliked it camp. In fairness, I am just an amateur/hobbyist so feel free to discount my opinion accordingly. I love pulls -- had a blast with The Raven -- and do agree with them that the downside is you pretty much have to open with is as the get ready is fiddly. Also picked up a used Black Widow -- which was wonderful to play with but was pretty bulky etc. The Gecko (original) I bought and gave away quite quickly as it was IMHO far weaker than either of The Raven or the Widow. The ability to get ready quickly and work with non-metallic items sounds like the dream, but unless the product is radically better (which I doubt) I would advise staying away from it.
davereubens
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, UK
4 Posts

Profile of davereubens
Yeah. The idea of the holster that you can quickly reset from and the non-metallic part really makes me want to look into it. I've avoided it until now.

I don't think it's going to high on my list but if I can afford to splash out at Blackpool Magic Con, I might just pick one up to have some fun with.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is my post from the Latest and Greatest topic, to give you something to consider.

Quote:
As stated this is a pull, therefore, yes you have set it up for your body type and apparel that you wish to wear. If you watch the above review I posted, your questions should be answered by David Penn. If you don't know what a pull is, then ask a knowledgeable magician friend to explain it to you.

The big thing about using any pull is obtaining it easily, and the Gecko seems to have accomplished this with a new method, making it very easy as David Penn explained, and showed the gesture to obtain it. All this does is assist in vanishing a small object. I agree trying larger objects seems unrealistic. I do not own it, but have used many different kinds of pull in the last 62 years I have been performing magic.

That said, all this does is vanish an object. It is up to you where you want to take the effect from there. Vanishing have long been called a bad choice to end a routine or effect on, as it is a shock effect. As mentioned they usually want the item to reappear somewhere.

You might get lucky like me, once I vanished a knife, and an attractive young woman, started to want to know where it vanished to, I did the usually opening the coat, pulling up my sleeves and such. That was not good enough for here, she started to put her hands in my pockets, feel me all over, and pull at my clothing. It was enjoyable until she started getting rough. She actually started to be a little crazy.

As with any pull you will have to spend a few hours working with it, but I don't see that out of order for learning any magic effect. It is not self working or an automatic effect, you have to put the same kind of work and routine handling into this gimmick as with any trick you are trying to learn.

From what was mentioned, that looks like a gimmick that the late great Don Alan devised way back in the 1960's, he would spin a coin on the table, then slap his hand down on the coin. When he lifted his hand, the coin was gone. The problem with it, was you had to palm the gimmick, and it looks like the Gecko eliminated having to palm the gimmick. It looks like it is worth a try, but only for those that want to put time and effort into learning the handling.

As state, this looks like the best method thus far for vanishing a small object.

As for transferring the pull, as with any setup, all clothes are not make exactly the same size or sewing method, so you will have make adjustments. Once you find the proper attachment places for different clothing, just mark the spots or buy several Gecko Pro gimmicks for all your clothing. Remember, you will have to remove the gimmick for laundry of your clothing.

Only you can decide if it is worth the trouble for you use this secret gimmick pull.

You decide, and remember to have fun.

From the demos I have seen it does look like some form of outer garment is needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » The Wizard Product Review October 16, 2018 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL