The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » NEW APP! The Architect of Predictions (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Yes.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1402 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2019, Steven Keyl wrote:
I've got Photo Prediction and am quite happy with it. However, there is something I'd like to predict that I can't do with PP, and I'm hoping AoP will be able to accomplish this.

I'd like to have a lottery ticket predicted. Would this app allow for me to have various spectators name several numbers and then open the photo roll to show the lottery ticket with those numbers?

I would be interested in this and how hard would it be to set up?
rasp
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of rasp
Why would you have a photo of the lottery ticket and not the actual ticket in your wallet?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1402 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, rasp wrote:
Why would you have a photo of the lottery ticket and not the actual ticket in your wallet?

Good to have as another option.
I use Cipher and a real lotto ticket sometimes
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2454 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2019, rasp wrote:

I can think of about five presentations without breaking a sweat. This doesn't really require an inordinate amount of creativity to come up with a justification for having the photo instead of the ticket itself.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
443 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Pretty interested in this app but still have some questions, because I already own Photo Prediction.
Like Steven I'm interested if something like a lottery ticket would work (could be something else than a ticket).
Also I would like to know how ''flexible'' the input method is. F.e. if the spectator chooses a word from a dictionary, can it be revealed by the photo (do we have this freedom?)
It would have been nice to see some example photo's of different predictions.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2454 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I went ahead and took the plunge. Like PP, it's a great app and I have no reservations recommending it to anyone. As far as a lottery prediction, you would be able to offer three two-digit numbers without restriction, but the rest would need to be forced. I've since worked out another way to accomplish what I'm looking for. But TAP is a great tool that has made its way into my toolbox.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
I really like it! Use it with Dead Lock by Michael Murray and makes for a fun trick!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This really is an awesome app. It takes some getting used to for setting up your predictions but it is incredibly powerful. I have set this up to combine with dead lock and I have a few other projects I am working on that I couldn’t achieve with any other app.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Silverstar
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Silverstar
Why don't creators have an Android version?
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
587 Posts

Profile of egoli
How fast you can get your app to the market is always a primary concern when building the app. In general, it can take 2-3 times longer for Android app development vs iOS app development. Why? It has to do with the system release cycles and something known as Android fragmentation. Simply put, Android fragmentation is about a huge number of devices within this operation system that come in all shapes and sizes as well as with huge differences in performance level and screen sizes. Another aspect of Android fragmentation is that there are lots of active versions at the same time. To build an app that is compatible to all of these devices is quite a challenging task. Because Android is locked down by carriers and OEM’s, it makes their releases more difficult, and adoption of the latest OS versions is usually slower than with iOS. For example, today over 80% of all iOS users have adopted the latest version of iOS 10. Nougat for Android was released in August 2016, and currently, a little over 7% of all users have adopted it. For developers, there is a benefit to being able to focus on supporting the newest versions of an operating system. With that, you can reasonably expect to reach quite a broad audience. If only about 10% of the users have adopted it, then the developer has to support older devices, do more testing and this way increase the development cycle time. With iOS higher adoption rates developers can stop supporting older versions and devices sooner, reduce testing, incorporate newer API’s and reduce their development cycle times.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1441 Posts

Profile of 252life
Another vote for a video walkthrough. (I’m not a a Facebook fan unfortunately).
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » NEW APP! The Architect of Predictions (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL