We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do I have? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Hi. I have recently acquired a stack of quarters gimmick that I have no idea what it is or exactly how it was meant to be used.

It's a stack of 6 quarters that are hollowed out on one side to accommodate a stack of pennies. The quarters are not glued but are held together with a pin near the edge so the quarters can move/rotate around the pin and appear to be totally independent of the others. In the bag I also received was a dollar bill folded into a short cylinder that covers the stack.
If anyone can direct me to what this is and/or how I can find the instructions for the intended use, I would be most appreciative.
Thank you.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
You have a Quarter stack that allows to change quarters into dimes. David Roth has explanation for it on dvd and I think in his book, here is part of the routine in youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujXLXn098kk
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Thank you very much.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1679 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Check out The Stars of Magic, Vernon on Nate Leipzig.

There is also Don Alan's routine in one of his pamphlets and, I believe, in the Racherbaumer book. (Perhaps someone can supply the titles to these.)

There are, no doubt, other references that other folks can supply. It's a very old trick.

It's been one of my favorite routines for nearly 50 years. I do the, rather illogical, version where after the coins "pass through" the spectators hands and the cone is lifted, they are left with a new stack of coins (I use dimes) on the back of their hand. I tried different versions where you place an object (a penny, a small die) on top of the stack and after the coins pass through that is what is left on the back of their hand, but even though more logical, it did not get the same reactions I get when a new stack of coins "appears" on the back of their hand.

Note that you need not use the leather cone (I do). A cone made from a dollar bill will work and also a ring made from a bill if the hand covers the opening at the top, but that is a bit more difficult because everything must be done one-handed.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Will do. Thanks.

Alec
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4632 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Sounds like my Johnson Stack of Quarters except mine came with a Vinyl cone. Whoever you got it from may have preferred using a dollar bill so "everything" can look borrowed.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What do I have? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL