The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Ordering Color Changing Knives from the US (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Has anyone ordered these types of knives from the States in the past year? Do they confiscate them at the border? I hear Canada has strict laws regarding knives coming from other countries.
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
Regarding knives, I don't know, but you've got a pretty low chance of your parcel even being opened.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of mantel
I don't know either. But according to my cursory search, as long as you can't open the color changing knives with one hand it should be fine.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications......eng.html
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Thanks for the help! I'd buy hem at my local magic shop, but they don't have nice ones and the ones I want have been on back order for about a year now.
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I thought at first that this likely wasn't a big deal, but apparently there were rule changes in 2018.

https://blademag.com/knife-news/canada-knife-import-ban

Oh, geez... now I've gotten sucked into the web-pages of those who have an Every Day Carry knife for self-defense.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2220 Posts

Profile of todsky
I can ship these to you from my shop in Montreal:

https://www.magicstore.ca/product/magnum......-lovins/
We carry Murphy's Magic, Ellusionist products, Bizarre Magick, etc.
www.magicstore.ca
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, todsky wrote:
I can ship these to you from my shop in Montreal:

https://www.magicstore.ca/product/magnum......-lovins/

Thanks todsky! I ended up buying other things, but still plan on buying knives. I have knives, but they're cheap. I'm looking for Mogar knives. I just don't wanna purchase them only to have them confiscated at the border. Are you able to import Mogar's Stag Surprise knives? Basically, if the knife can be opened with one hand, Canada blocks them from entering the country. I've never handled one so I'm not sure how they open (and I wouldn't be opening them anyway).
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3259 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think you will be fine with these knifes... they take two hands to open.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2220 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, metaljohn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, todsky wrote:
I can ship these to you from my shop in Montreal:

https://www.magicstore.ca/product/magnum......-lovins/

Thanks todsky! I ended up buying other things, but still plan on buying knives. I have knives, but they're cheap. I'm looking for Mogar knives. I just don't wanna purchase them only to have them confiscated at the border. Are you able to import Mogar's Stag Surprise knives? Basically, if the knife can be opened with one hand, Canada blocks them from entering the country. I've never handled one so I'm not sure how they open (and I wouldn't be opening them anyway).


The Mogar's seem to be out of stock at Murphy's. I'll let you know if/when they get them back in stock, and if I can get some
for you
Todd
We carry Murphy's Magic, Ellusionist products, Bizarre Magick, etc.
www.magicstore.ca
metaljohn
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, QC
280 Posts

Profile of metaljohn
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, todsky wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, metaljohn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, todsky wrote:
I can ship these to you from my shop in Montreal:

https://www.magicstore.ca/product/magnum......-lovins/

Thanks todsky! I ended up buying other things, but still plan on buying knives. I have knives, but they're cheap. I'm looking for Mogar knives. I just don't wanna purchase them only to have them confiscated at the border. Are you able to import Mogar's Stag Surprise knives? Basically, if the knife can be opened with one hand, Canada blocks them from entering the country. I've never handled one so I'm not sure how they open (and I wouldn't be opening them anyway).


The Mogar's seem to be out of stock at Murphy's. I'll let you know if/when they get them back in stock, and if I can get some
for you
Todd

Thanks man.
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I had a post, perhaps overly long, that the mods deleted, that detailed the changes in Canadian Border Services policy and the court decision upholding those changes. The changes relate to "flippers", knives designed to be opened with one-hand, but by pushing a bit of the blade metal protruding from the rear of the handle. I think it's very unlikely that the changes would affect the importation of colour changing knives.

Let's see if this is short enough to stay up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Ordering Color Changing Knives from the US (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL