The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Numbered Astor Magic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Saw this at the magic circle dealers day on Saturday and loved it .
Alakazam look like they bought out all of Astorís remaining stock and itís now advertised on their site .
I donít blame them itís a fantastic effect by a creative genius Smile
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
It almost makes me want to consider a card effect.....almost.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4677 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2018, Dannyflek wrote:
Hereís the link Smile

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Numbe......gic.html

Perhaps Astor didnít have much remaining stock left...theyíre already sold out at Alakazam.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
The method and effect appear to be very similar to Cameron Francisí effect of the same name.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Completely different David and 20 times better imo Smile
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1453 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I'm confused by the trailer - what did the number 5 have to do with anything?

Mike
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The 5 was just a second choice for the spec if they want to change their mind.
as for the 'effect', an alcoholic santa visiting an OAP rest home is more magical.
horrible magic at its worst.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I take it Catweazle that you either donít like CAAN effects or card effects in general as this is probably the best version I have ever seen . You do not need the App but if you choose to use its very clever and no WiFi is needed or any Internet connection is ever needed ,
they can just name any number if they like as you donít need your phone . A couple of handlings are taught an Astor taught me a third handling in person at the magic circles dealers day last Saturday .
The gimmicked cards are the best of their type I have ever scene and a diabolically clever nuance with the box he showed me ( handling 3 ) if you donít want to use the number generator at all was truly terrific .
I personally love it Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Everything screams magic trick, why bother with the app at all if its not needed?
i could copy this effect in minutes with a self written flash app and a Svengali as it is, but wouldnt waste my time.
c'mon we can do better, at least try to make effects that look like magic.

true though, I hate any cann effect where there are numbers also written on the card.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
It's a very strong effect with lots of potential for spectator involvement. I am a fan.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Nevets absolutely and you donít need the app or to have numbers on if you donít want ,
Itís not a Svengali as you know it or even the alternative you also probably know . Yes you could make it but I would rather support Astor and plus itís also beautifully made .
I like the numbered part of it as it goes , but each to his own Smile
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The point is not that 'its not a Svengali ', the point is as the effect is presented in the demo, a Svengali would duplicate the effect exactly if you have an app that only hits the correct numbers.
if this is designed to fool magicians, whoopee, wow, its not a Svengali, what on earth could it be???, he really got me good!!!.oh look at the time must dash, yawn.

the fact he uses an app when you say you don't need to, makes it bizarre to me, the app is awful, if they can choose any number freely, let them!!!!!!!

as it is, the demo is horrible.
but, hey, last I will say on it, as its really just not my cup of tea, its not tetley Smile
GL, and have fun
Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
I like it, once you use your phone to generate what looks to be a truly random looking number you can then used it for other less fair phone principles. I also love the nice touch of number on the card.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I agree Craig Caan and Acaan effects are more magician things and not as amazing as they should be for your spectators .
This effect however gets them more hands on and involved and although itís not an app in the usual context I like it very much and I am not a natural app enthusiast .
Itís an engaging effect thatís not all about the performer and I absolutely love it Smile
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Also the number generator looks amazingly fair as the number they stop runs through perfectly and looks exactly where they actually pressed stop ie they run concurrently through 1/52 .
Added to that all the evens and odds are shown and both are stopped on during the clever routining Smile
dj
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of dj
I like David Forrest's Loxley better than Numbered.
https://youtu.be/Zch6Dq8nDvs
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Well if you want it pm me and I will sell it to you brand new and very cheap . Itís a completely different effect that you can achieve in seconds yourself ? Smile
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Catweazle Smile , but I found the use of the phone to be artificial and strange. If the spectator is supposed to be making a free and open choice, why is he using this odd phone device in the first place? I do agree that the device looks pretty darn fair (if you don't know what to look for) but it's entirely missing any kind of convincing rationale.

Danny, I'm confused by your statement that the device isn't needed. If you perform this without it, wouldn't you need some other way to !@#$* one of the needed location numbers?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Yes and like I say the third way isnít in the tutorial but Astor personally showed me at the magic circles dealers day on Saturday as I have known him many years . Itís a diabolical method using an ingenious method with the card box . The second way without the app which seems ultra fair anyway but nevertheless I will tell you the second way . Get the spectator to cut off any amount of cards they like , they can do via the sides or the ends . They count these cards and the last card will be the number of cards they cut to and will match the prediction with the number written on it ,
with either card each side being different and the rest of the deck can be fairly shown different with a very unfaloble side on dribble as these cards work on all sides and ends . I like the app as itís ultra fair even numbers do come up and itís a modern take on the plot in todayís world .
However the diabolical third method the purists would love as still uses the best deck of this nature I have ever seen and any number odd or even can always be named . Itís brilliant the fellas a genius and a great helpful guy too Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Numbered Astor Magic (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL