The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Siamese Waltz by Bennie Chickering (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Guess TnR is the trend right now.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11036

Ad copy:

This is Bennie Chesterfield's go-to trick. Not sure how you'd even follow it up. It's a 2-phase miracle.

2 cards are selected and SIGNED. Then you TEAR BOTH CARDS IN HALF.

Phase 1: You restore both torn cards.
Phase 2: Then you fuse them back together with the wrong half! And here's the craziest part, THEY GET TO KEEP BOTH CARDS.

Unlike "waltz" tricks that have come before, each spectator gets to keep their own impossible card, EACH ONE SHOWS HALF OF BOTH SIGNATURES.

Nothing is palmed, no difficult moves, the gimmicks do all the work for you.

Here's the catch: Each gimmick is hand-made and it takes a LONG time, which means this isn't a cheap trick. You're looking at about $5 per performance. It's a small price to pay for a reputation maker, but I know not everyone can afford it.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Ugh, really unfortunate timing with the release of FACE OFF by Ron Salamangkero by Ellusionist. I actually much prefer the handling of Siamese Waltz but wish there was a purchase option (download) that did not include the gimmicks. I don’t mind the arts & crafts involved.

For those that can’t be bothered with making the gimmicks themselves this is great!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I was informed by customer service at PeEnguin Magic that the instructions does not teach you how to make your own gimmciks and that it is not likely that replacement gimmicks will be available to purhcase. SO if you want to do this effect, be prepared to spend $40.00 for every 10 performances. THis is not for walk around use, but meant strctly for a one time use during a very special occasion or client.
s
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
The how-to-make-your-own video will be added to the product later today. It's time consuming but if you're willing to do it you'll know how. I'll let our customer service know.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
The instructions for how to make the gimmick WILL BE INCLUDED FOR FREE.

Shaun
Penguin/P3 magic
P3
practice practice perform.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, ted french wrote:
The instructions for how to make the gimmick WILL BE INCLUDED FOR FREE.

Shaun
Penguin/P3 magic

Thanks! Good to know that that option is available should we wish to make them...
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Anyway to buy that without the gimmicks?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
How expensive is this to practice? Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
If you buy Face Off from Ellusionist you can get a download of a trick that is very similar and I would guess this is the vertical cousin to Face Off.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, joseph wrote:

Joseph - just heads up you will learn ways to practice without using a gimmick.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Penguin is very up front in their email blast for this effect that to purchase ready made gimmicks it is going to cost you 5 bucks a pop every time you perform it.

In truth, I think it’s a little less than that but I’m so glad they are offering ready made gimmicks. For me, it’s wonderful because I’m terrible at splitting cards and heavy duty A&C.

As a hobbyist/enthusiast I’m not going to be performing this 5 nights a week so I would much rather buy them ready to go.
I dropped everything and bought this the second I saw the email. I have high hopes for this one.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I totally agree with videoman...I'm really not much of a fan of torn & restored, but really liked this one as soon as I watched the video from the email. Also bought this immediately.
deanr201
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of deanr201
Has any one who purchased Face-Off also bought this? Just wondering how different it is as I could easily make the face off gimmick with a vertical split rather than horizontal.

I know there has been some discussion of the effects been very similar.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Anniversary reigns supreme, I almost purchased Siamese but why complicate an old faithful?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I really like the look of this but $5.00 per performance is really steep. I agree though that if you really need to impress (bride or groom, special appearance etc.) something like this is wonderful to have in your arsenal. I felt the same about Regeneration by Blake Vogt (about $2.00 per performance) but the effect flat-out KILLS! My only issue with taking the plunge on this one is how much it will cost in terms of wasted gimmicks to learn the basic handling. With Regeneration you could at least make a cheap imitation to practice with. While it didn't handle exactly the same as the pre-made version it was good enough for the learning process.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, RSchlutz wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, joseph wrote:

Joseph - just heads up you will learn ways to practice without using a gimmick.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Ryan showed this to me a while ago. It’s like real magic. Really easy to do. I love that you get two souviners out of it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2018, Jared wrote:
... My only issue with taking the plunge on this one is how much it will cost in terms of wasted gimmicks to learn the basic handling. With Regeneration you could at least make a cheap imitation to practice with. While it didn't handle exactly the same as the pre-made version it was good enough for the learning process.

Just got this. There are two videos. In the first video Ryan teaches the effect AND how to easily make 'practice' cards. The second video teaches how to make the actual performance cards.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Hey Penguin,
You should really consider offering a download-only option (no gimmicks) for a lower price point. Especially considering this is almost sold out.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
The demo is inclusive as surely a monte move and a d backer must be in play here ? The cards appear signed and completely adjacent from each other at one point in the
clip Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Siamese Waltz by Bennie Chickering (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL