The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Siamese Waltz by Bennie Chickering (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I have just received this and watched it through and I can already make the gimmicks in 5 minutes the proper way and it’s dead easy .
Don’t get me wrong I love making gimmicks but honestly this is one of the easiest gimmicks to make so I have no idea why people want a streamlined method ?
Admittedly I have loads of decks I stripped ages ago but that isn’t hard and if you think it is there are a few guys on here I believe Jordan Victoria and Cesars Card finale who have stripped them basically for you .
Hey I may start charging £50 for 50 complete gimmicks but jokes a side it’s easy peasy .
Also the whole routine is 10/10 imo from the forcing , through all the displays to the stunning restoration , I don’t know how it compares to face off and Fuzion etc but I do prefer the vertical tear . Highly recommended I would honestly be amazed if anyone buys this and is disappointed Smile
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Hey, if you can get em nice and flat, I’d pay that price!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
So when I pre-ordered this from Penguin 4 weeks ago, 25 sets were expected to ship today.

Only 13 sets were sold since then, and now the expected shipping date is December 14th.

130 pieces could not be produced in 4 weeks

Wow!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I agree, pretty baffling. Like you, I also did the math and was already wondering why it was going to take so long to produce such a small number of units. Now it's been pushed back an additional *three weeks?* Did someone get in a car accident or something?
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
I can make these perfectly , but as 2 cards are needed from a reg deck and certain ones at that for the best constrast they cant really me made for under £2 a go . If you want them in quantity’s of 100 with free world wide shipping then pm me please Danny 🙂
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, AutarchicFlux wrote:
I agree, pretty baffling. Like you, I also did the math and was already wondering why it was going to take so long to produce such a small number of units. Now it's been pushed back an additional *three weeks?* Did someone get in a car accident or something?

Well, the answer is, of course, that Bennie is a working pro and doesn't have time to make the gimmicks.

But once you commit yourself, you're obligated to do what you have to do.

No excuses.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
So, December 14th is over as far as shipping goes, and Penguin still couldn't get 150 pieces made to satisfy the 15 sets that were sold in the last month and a half.

I think that this is the first time that Penguin has disappointed me.

I'm ready to ask for my money back.

Pre-orders?

Ha!!!

I should have known better.

But I figured, come on, this is reliable Penguin!
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I make these for myself in one minute flat, it took me about a month to get to this stage but it’s one of the strongest effects I have seen in a close up environment and well worth the effort.
Regards Olly
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
So whomever is making these for Penguin didn't have 2 1/2 hours worth of time in the 6 weeks since orders were being taken.

Boy, does that say a lot.
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
There is no way they could have rushed this to market it was released October 23. Face off was released October 17. That is about a week difference. When face off first came out they had 40 sets in stock. I don't think that they could film all the explanations, and make 400 gimmicks in less than a week. I think that people shouldn't say penguin ripped off ellusionist unless they have proof.
Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
I originally ordered Siamese Waltz on November 14th and the Penguin site said expected to ship on November 27th. I received the video, but still no gaffs. Now the shipping date has changed to the 14th December, and still my order has not been processed.
Q U I N
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Yeah, I agree with some of the posters above - I was happy to pay for refills of this when I first ordered on November 1st, then it was delayed to November 27th, then December 14th, and it looks as though it may be delayed again. Given how relatively quick and easy these are to make, the fact that such a small number couldn't be made in 6 weeks shows a serious lack of commitment/faith in the product by the creator.

If my order is delayed further, I will be cancelling it and asking for a refund as a matter of principle. Bennie Chickering, or whomever is profiting from this, ought to learn a lesson about laziness and stringing customers along indefinitely.
rkp
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of rkp
Acknowledging that Siamese Waltz and Faceoff (Ellusionist) tear vertically vs. horizontally, does anyone know why taking the less expensive (download only) route of Faceoff wouldn't be the best alternative (given the problem thus far with obtaining gimmicks along with the high cost of the gimmicks)?
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I personally think they were secretly hoping purchasers like myself would make their own after watching the how to make tutorial. They probably didn’t expect the demand particularly on the price of the refills.
I have bought all versions of this and personally prefer the vertical tear of Siamese Waltz and the nuances it offers, however the making of the gimmick you can make both ways in the same manner so a download of face off should work for you. Olly
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
So now the estimated shipping date is January 10th.

On January 15th it will probably get pushed back to February 29th.

What a joke this is turning out to be.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Https://youtu.be/tdiV_1pev3Q

Is it this? looks like it. Now, where is that bottle in nested boxes to be found ? Smile haha I like the looks of hat although rachel kinda ruined the impact.
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Love the Siamese Waltz. After is saw the trailer I grabbed my dry mount tools and created this ingeneous gimmick.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Isn’t this the same as Fuzion from Blake Vogt? He did release it in 2010-2011..
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, Lseeyou wrote:
Isn’t this the same as Fuzion from Blake Vogt? He did release it in 2010-2011..

Different methods and fuzion leaves one souvenir and siamese waltz leaves 2.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Brilliant effect, totally agree with Frittentick. Olly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Siamese Waltz by Bennie Chickering (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL