The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Led par lights for birthday bdparty, overkill??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tophatevents
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tophatevents
Hello,
I recently got a gig where light conditions were to say the least less then perfect.
So I was thinking of buying a led par bar with a dmx control for such situations.
But is this not really overkill? I doubt if I will use it a lot. In people's living rooms light is never a problem but occasionally I set up in a garage or a local stage with next to no light and then I would definately love to have decent lighting. I have old par56 lights but they take a lot of room and become very hot and fragile after a show so led would be a lot better (very light, compact and no heating)

Who uses ledpars?
Any thoughts or expierience? To help me make up my mind
Thanks
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use LED lights if the light condition is low. I use two of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q6......F8&psc=1 I remember going to venues where the light condition was low. The LED lights are a plus. The next time I will be using them is next week for Halloween. I will be doing an outside venue for the city for a few hours. I did not have the lights last year for the same occasion. But now I am fully prepared.

The big plus is the LED lights batteries are rechargeable. There is no need to worry about anyone tripping over any cords. They last for several hours.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
These are not that he's talking about. These are not pars. I don't think LED pars would be overkill as long as you have the controller to adjust as needed. If anything it may appear as more professional as few kids performers seem to carry professional (even if low-end) lighting. A single par bar could be ideal plus this type of lighting is more portable, efficient, and affordable than ever before.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I don't use LED pars. I use rechargeable LED lights for better lighting in dark areas. Now do you understand what I am talking about Mindpro?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why do you constantly think I don't understand what you are talking about. I understand perfectly clear. What the OP was asking for and what you were talking about are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS! This is the second time you've mentioned your amazon LED lights and provided a link, but it has nothing to do with this topic and what the OP was asking.

Do you understand what WE are talking about? Obviously not! You are right that you don't use LED pars with a DMX controller, so why do you still insist on talking about things you know nothing about?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1252 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
I use LED lights if the light condition is low. I use two of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q6......F8&psc=1

Seems reasonable to me. Thanks for the info.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It is a pleasure, Seńor. I am happy to help by posting information that might be useful. I am glad someone knew what I was talking about. Smile
tophatevents
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tophatevents
Thank you mindpro,
I feel you are more on the same wavelenght as I
no offence dynamike
meanwhile I bought a set of 6 ledpars with a dmx controller
4 on a t-bar and 2 on the floor to avoid having a 'flat' face
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, tophatevents wrote:
...and 2 on the floor to avoid having a 'flat' face

Very wise! Those two will make a great difference as footlights providing depth and enhancement to the bar.

Another benefit is the professionalism it will bring as well to your appearance and overall staging and performance. Glad to help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Led par lights for birthday bdparty, overkill??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL