The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pound coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Profile of Nottingham Magician
Does anybody know the name of the trick where you put the blank £1 coin into an okito box type of shell and it comes out printed as a UK pound coin please? Thanks
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Coin Press ?

Jim
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2018, Nottingham Magician wrote:
Does anybody know the name of the trick where you put the blank £1 coin into an okito box type of shell and it comes out printed as a UK pound coin please? Thanks

It's an Eddie Gibson trick, I have one, don't have the name at hand.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2018, Nottingham Magician wrote:

It's an Eddie Gibson trick, I have one, don't have the name at hand.

It's called the "Zambini Box," by Eddie Gibson.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Do you know what chaps me the most on the Café.

When someone asks for help, you give it to them, they don't come back to the thread and even offer a "thank-you" or "you stupid itiot, that's not the effect I was looking for."

Either way, it's disrespectful and doesn't show the person to have any manners.

You can figure out the harsher language that I would have liked to use in this comment.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I feel your pain, Al. It’s happened to me more than once.

Console yourself with the fact that you have provided some mild entertainment to those of us interested in obscure effects.

Now I’ll have to look it up.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Simple looking effect. I'm curious, do the "blanks" rattle at all before you put them in the box?

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Nope
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2018, Al Desmond wrote:
Do you know what chaps me the most on the Café.

When someone asks for help, you give it to them, they don't come back to the thread and even offer a "thank-you" or "you stupid itiot, that's not the effect I was looking for."

Either way, it's disrespectful and doesn't show the person to have any manners.

You can figure out the harsher language that I would have liked to use in this comment.

Don't worry Al, like Banzai says, we appreciate you here. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
There was one over here in the states that did the same with a blank brass looking disk and a Sacagawea Dollar Coin. I forget who put it out though.

As for people who start threads never to be heard from again (or at least for a long time). I have a list tattooed in my memory and I simply do not participate in their threads in the future. That said, I also give the benefit of the doubt, before they make the list (More than 1 or 2 instances with the person). Sometimes people post and may not get back on for a week or so. I find most people don't have near the time I have to get online and some know they might not even get a reply for days.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Nottingham Magician
View Profile
New user
Nottingham
46 Posts

Profile of Nottingham Magician
That's great thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pound coin magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL