The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » CIRCUS (Nostalgic Playing Cards) - The Greatest Deck On Earth! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4782 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

In case you didn't know, my pal Will Roya and the crew over at PlayingCardDecks.com are running a super fun new deck release on Kickstarter.

Check it out...

CIRCUS -Nostalgic Playing Cards -The Greatest Deck On Earth!

A fully custom limited edition deck printed by USPCC with a full bleed back design. Suitable for all of your playing cards needs.

ABOUT...

The CIRCUS is coming...to kickstarter!

Relive childhood memories of attending the circus as a kid. The sights, the smells, the excitement! We tried to put all of that into this all-purpose deck, suitable for all of your playing card needs. A special full-bleed back design for the cardist. Extra gimmick cards for the magician. Easy to read for poker or your favorite playing card game. And being made as a limited one time print suitable for the discerning collector.

FEATURES...

• Printed by USPCC
  • Classic Stock
  • Air-Cushion Finish™
  • Traditional Cut
  • Poker Size
  • 52 Cards + 2 Jokers & 2 Gaff Cards
  • A Tuck Case Reveal
  • Two-Way Full Bleed Back Design
  • Includes 100% Custom Original Art
  • Illustrated by Joe Ruiz
  • Produced by Will Roya
  • A Limited Edition

CUSTOM GAFF CARDS...

Tent Of Diamonds & Freak Of Spades

A NOTE FROM THE ARTIST - JOE RUIZ

My process for these cards began with a distant memory of a trip to see Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus when I was a child of about 7 years old. I remember much of the circus but was enthralled with Gunther Gable Williams, the Lion Tamer. The way he fearlessly entered the cage with all those big cats left an indelible image on my young mind. The tuck box cover is an homage to that time and experience.

After I let those feelings knock around my noggin for a while, I started by researching vintage circus images online. I have tried to convey the exuberant energy of these old circus performers.

I work 100% digitally using Sketchbook Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and a little bit of 3D imaging. I bounce around between all these mediums to achieve just the right look I’m after. I hope that I have succeeded!

Roll Up! Roll Up! The circus is coming!

FYI - This is Joe's 2nd deck, his first was the Bicycle® Monster.

MISSED OUT ON SOME OF MY PAST CAMPAIGNS?

Check out the mixed 6 and 12 pack rewards that contain decks funded on Kickstarter. Smile

PROTOTYPE DECK REVIEWS...

ADD-ONS?

Something you want more of? Please contact me directly with your request.

FULFILLMENT...

By PlayingCardDecks.com with a safe delivery guarantee and emailed tracking. International customers are responsible for any custom fees and taxes.
Canadian customs are prepaid and included in the ship cost.

SPECIAL THANKS...

• Max Playing Cards
  • United Cardists
  • The Magic Café
  • Kardify
  • Magic Orthodoxy
  • Gentleman Wake
  • Ender's Game
  • Playing Card Forum
  • The Card Club
  • Repeat Super Backers
  • Fellow Creators & Social Media Friends
  • My Family & Staff

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

All of the artwork has already been pre-approved by USPCC. Some small design elements may be subject to change based on backer feedback and printer recommendations.

Besides being a super backer, I have successfully completed and delivered several of my own campaigns as well as helping & collaborating with other creators.

I really enjoy the process of creating decks with the artists and working with backers to bring the decks to life. I am in a fortunate situation to be able to cover some of the costs of producing the decks but without the help of the Kickstarter community I would not be able to bring all of my projects to life. Creating these decks is a significant investment of time and money and I am grateful for any and all support.

If there are delays or issues they will be communicated and dealt with in an open manner. As always, I appreciate any feedback. You are welcome to reach out to me directly at any time and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Thank You! - Will Roya

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » CIRCUS (Nostalgic Playing Cards) - The Greatest Deck On Earth! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL