The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (148 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36 [Next]
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2020, MrWizard wrote:
Jake

Hi are we getting close to seeing the Quarter boxes sent out in brass and stainless? Still excited to get one is there any hope it will be soon?

Richard

The COVID19 has slowed down our metal deliveries. What use to take 2 weeks to get is now taking us 7 weeks to get. On the bright side,
once the metal gets here, both brass & stainless I'm ready to go.

I started using one of our 3D printers to make prototypes, it was a lot cheaper this way than using actual metal. All the measurements
are now calculated.

-Frederick
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I have tried and tried to get State Quarters to work, sorry folks, it's a no go. Eagle Quarters will have to be used. I've sent out 6 boxes
for beta feedback. I want this like my brother would want it. Perfect 100% never fail. Maybe I'm being unrealistic with my goals. But
failure or mis-fire of an effect during performance is not something I ever want to hear about what we make.

The first run will be in brass for the Quarter size. Then I'll start making the 1/2 & 1/4 in Stainless Steel. I know this has dragged out
but what really through us for a curve and everyone else is the COVID19, it has changed everything.

Almost there!
-Frederick
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Good to hear looking forward to getting it and a second one. The eagle quarter is what I would want to always use so happy to hear that is the goal. Thanks for the update on the edge of my seat to get it.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Do you produce a Canadian coin at all, Frederick?
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Didn’t know this product until and ordered it.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Dvno - you will not be disappointed ...
I have my fellow magicians scratching their heads over this one, thinking they know the method, until I perform it with my eyes closed.

This is one of the finest pieces of professional magic I have bought in many years!
Highly recommended.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Received it today. Wow, this is really amazing. Better than I expected. I totally love that you don’t have to look at it at all. Thanks for the very fast shipping as well!
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I received this today and I am delighted! Thank you Jake. You modestly say the lathe does the work but nevertheless this is a marvelous concept and product. Thank you also to the forum members who have contributed their ideas. I spent the evening getting the touch right to improve accuracy and then as a thought pulled out some half dollars I had around. I found a 2001 Kennedy half that requires less "feel" than the supplied coin but surprisingly works in reverse - tails up. With two boxes that might raise some interesting possibilities. Thanks again.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2020, Mad Jake wrote:
I have tried and tried to get State Quarters to work, sorry folks, it's a no go. Eagle Quarters will have to be used. I've sent out 6 boxes
for beta feedback. I want this like my brother would want it. Perfect 100% never fail. Maybe I'm being unrealistic with my goals. But
failure or mis-fire of an effect during performance is not something I ever want to hear about what we make.

The first run will be in brass for the Quarter size. Then I'll start making the 1/2 & 1/4 in Stainless Steel. I know this has dragged out
but what really through us for a curve and everyone else is the COVID19, it has changed everything.

Almost there!
-Frederick

How close are we now to getting the brass quarter boxes sent out? Been a very long time. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
What seemed like a simple project to get right, was just that a simple project. I don't want to sound like a broken record but COVID19 cut our staffing down to 4 people, 2 of which are marine engine mechanics
and 2 of us, Frederick and I . I'm trying to get back around to this, it's all ready to go. Even both metals, brass and stainless are in stock.

Some of you know that the magic we make is behind the scenes of a my machine shop. We specialize in on demand marine parts for commercial fisherman.

Mr. Wizard, you are correct, it has been a long time coming. Frederick usually handles online posts and updates because even now with a full team working again
we are playing catch up. This pandemic is just not something I figured into the equation of things that could go wrong, who could have predicted this?

I must apologize for my absence from Social Media and keeping people updated.

I'll personally keep updates coming and please if you click my avatar you can email us directly if you like.

On a personal note, to everyone on the Café, please stay safe this Flu season. Keep you and your loved ones safe from this hideous pandemic we are facing.

Kindest Regards,
-Jacob Jr.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I'm having trouble with the hands off version. I really don't see any difference when it's lying on the table. May someone who also has this and figured it out pm me? This would be really awesome.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I have it - but did not realise there is a hands off method..... will need to read all 35 pages
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
It‘s on page two and three.
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
I had this many years ago, but a U.K. version which was a beautiful black box and a 10p which was larger than the current 10ps are. Unfortunately I somehow lost it, I have tried over the years to replace it but been unable to find it in any of my searches. I then came across this version so ordered it, I will say that this version is not as nice as the U.K. one I had…you would have to see the two side by side to appreciate the difference, but I am still pleased with this version and it is very well made. When I do perform I do have to make up some sort of reason as to why I am using an American coin as opposed to coin of my own currency but that’s not a huge problem, so all told this is a trick that is super easy to perform and I would highly recommend it.

Tom.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Here is the story I use;

When I was younger, there was an adult beverage establishment I would frequent. There was a guy by the name of Lucky Eddie. Why he went by the name Lucky, I don’t know. He was blind in one eye and had one leg. He was quite the character though and he would always joke that he had a whole foot below his belt.

The first time I met him, he bet me a drink that he could bite his eye. Naturally, I took his bet… he popped out his glass eye and bit it. I bought him a drink.

A short time later, I held up two fingers and asked how many fingers I had, he replied ‘Eight fingers, two thumbs, and you’re holding up two, which I appreciate that it is not just one.’ To be honest, the reason I did that was to make sure he could really see… I wanted to win a drink from him… so I said, ‘I bet you a drink that you can’t bite your other eye!’ He agreed to the bet, pulled out his dentures and ‘bit’ his other eye.

When a couple would come into the establishment, he liked to introduce himself and play a game of heads or tails for a drink… (introduce the brass coin casket) he would bet that he could tell if the coin was heads up or tails up. He would hand the coin out to be looked at and he would show the box which he carried his ‘Lucky’ coin…
‘Notice it has no trap doors, mirrors, or hidden assistants inside.’ (Place the box onto your finger tips after allowing the participants to look at it) Speaking to the guy, ‘When I look away, I want you to place the coin either heads up or tails up, it matters not, place the lid on and if I’m right, you owe me a drink, if I’m wrong, I buy one for each of you.’ (Without looking at the box, call the correct orientation of the coin) ‘You owe me a drink. (Remove the lid and place the coin into the participants hand again) ‘Double or nothing’, Lucky Eddie would say, ‘heads up or tails up, the choice is yours cover the coin when you have decided.’ (Again, without looking, call the correct orientation of the coin). Eddie would just smile as he would show the coin.
He would turn to the woman and say, ‘See, I can’t miss, it’s my lucky coin and it’s your turn to play.’ As she would place the coin in and cover it he would say with a smile on his face and a wink, ‘I didn’t tell you the bet… if I win, I get a kiss, if I’m wrong, I’ll get you a drink.’
Without looking, he would call the coins orientation as he would be placing the coin box away (miscall the coins position!) and say with a grin on his face, ‘I owe you a drink.’
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
Nice storey presentation Wravyn, I often do use the coin as my lucky coin.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you TomTom.
Having a box to only hold a single coin, (to me) seemed odd. So, in sharing the story of Lucky Eddie and his Lucky Coin, in my mind, made sense.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
I ask the question again, which was not answered:
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2021, wulfiesmith wrote:
I ask the question again, which was not answered:

If you own a Coin Casket, you may want to try a Canadian coin which fits properly and see if it works. You never know...
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I got it to work with a Voyageur Dollar, but mine was pretty worn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brass Coin Casket Prediction (148 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL