The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Different Take on TT Silk Vanishing/Appearing (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
Will likes to post so he has made
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTQPtMz59M

Surely not a new idea, just one you don't really see very often with TT silk vanishes/appearances. Rather than making the silk vanish and then reappear, the vanish and appearance are one and the same. It is more like the silk teleports rather than vanishes and comes back. I'm not really sold on my patter so I'm still wrestling with it. The long(er) explanation does help to make the stuffing taste better.

What do you think?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7937 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Link won't work.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
Will likes to post so he has made
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
The first letter of a post seems to be auto capitalized, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Odd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTQPtMz59M
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1203 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hi Will, I think the teleport idea is better than just the simple vanish and reappearance of the silk. I have always found the silk vanish abit cheesy but your idea makes it better.

Kieran
Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Juble
Hey Will
Really like your video: looks very magical, good simple presentation, and thought your "take" of the TT was very well done and deceptive.
Nice one!
Justin
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
Magician Trainee 3rd Class
127 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
I really like it Will. Nice and different adaptation of the silk vanish. Well done.
-Hal in Alabama USA, The Thumb Tip Guy
HalSaxonMagic.com

The real magic is making someone's day brighter and turning their frown upside down.


FREE eBook Best DIY Do It Yourself TT Modifications https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/store/the-top-diy-thumb-tip-modifications

VIDEO Should someone see my Thumb Tip? https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/blog/2018/7/10/blog-headline-2-5ej3k
dj
View Profile
Special user
710 Posts

Profile of dj
Alexander de Cova has a very visual, beautiful silk vanish.
See this video:
https://youtu.be/PMcTV0OBpws


Darko
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2350 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2018, dj wrote:
Alexander de Cova has a very visual, beautiful silk vanish.
See this video:
https://youtu.be/PMcTV0OBpws


Darko


I don't understand the logic of this effect. The vanish looked nice but who really believes that the silk in the Orange is the same silk that was vanished? Since the orange can't be shown empty beforehand it just seems like any logical thinker would conclude that there were two silks used.
will lane
View Profile
Loyal user
Will likes to post so he has made
229 Posts

Profile of will lane
Here is a newer version. Hopefully a little smoother and hopefully my presentation skills have been boosted. Let me know what you think. Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_-NoemDSw
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
Magician Trainee 3rd Class
127 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
Nicely done. Liked it a lot! Thanks for sharing Will.
-Hal in Alabama USA, The Thumb Tip Guy
HalSaxonMagic.com

The real magic is making someone's day brighter and turning their frown upside down.


FREE eBook Best DIY Do It Yourself TT Modifications https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/store/the-top-diy-thumb-tip-modifications

VIDEO Should someone see my Thumb Tip? https://www.halsaxonmagic.com/blog/2018/7/10/blog-headline-2-5ej3k
dj
View Profile
Special user
710 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2018, dj wrote:
Alexander de Cova has a very visual, beautiful silk vanish.
See this video:
https://youtu.be/PMcTV0OBpws


Darko



I don't understand the logic of this effect. The vanish looked nice but who really believes that the silk in the Orange is the same silk that was vanished? Since the orange can't be shown empty beforehand it just seems like any logical thinker would conclude that there were two silks used.


The silk is signed by the spectator.
HeronsHorse
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
196 Posts

Profile of HeronsHorse
Nicely done Will. I might do it similarly instead of a vanish! Smile Just changing the focus like you did, makes the effect so much stronger again.
Nice!
And ... I don't even know what I'm talking about.
But I've practiced magic for two years.
Smile
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2350 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2019, dj wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2018, dj wrote:
Alexander de Cova has a very visual, beautiful silk vanish.
See this video:
https://youtu.be/PMcTV0OBpws


Darko



I don't understand the logic of this effect. The vanish looked nice but who really believes that the silk in the Orange is the same silk that was vanished? Since the orange can't be shown empty beforehand it just seems like any logical thinker would conclude that there were two silks used.


The silk is signed by the spectator.


If that is the case, then it makes a lot more sense. I couldn't see the signature on the silk in the video. My mistake then.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Different Take on TT Silk Vanishing/Appearing (13 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL