The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Outside The Box by Jimmy Strange (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mars26986
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of mars26986
I saw Jimmy was performing this at the Magic Circle Dealer day and got a kick out of it straight away.

I'm a huge fan of card to impossible location, and I love that the impossible location here is fully in the spectators control. The fact that this can be done walk around and does not need a table is a big plus for me too.

A signed card appears under the box held in the spectators hands. No crazy misdirection like card under glass and one gimmick that does all the work for you. It's a really clever, well made gimmick that looks completely innocent.

Here's what the product description on Merchant of Magic says:

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/outside-the-box-jimmy-strange

Have a spectator freely choose ANY card and have them sign it.

It's lost in the deck, which in turn is replaced back inside it’s card box, before being locked between the spectators hands.

It's secure, like 'test conditions,' trapped between their palms...

Now you look them in the eye and tell them to think outside the box. At that moment they feel something happening. The card arrives under the box, right into their hands.

That's a great moment of surprise, as they feel the card escape!

It really is THEIR SIGNED CARD! No switches, no sleight of hand.. One moment it's inside, then next it's under the card box.

Outside the box is easy to do, has an instant reset and is practical from any angel.. Best of all.. The playing cards are ungimmicked so you can use them before and after the trick.

Outside the box comes with everything you need to perform it straight out of the box! You get the deck, all set and ready to go, plus full video training to get you up and running right away. The method is as simple as it gets, so if you can place a deck of cards into its card box, you can perform this.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
You can already do this with an Extractor deck
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Good to see Jimmy finally releasing this. When you see the playing card appear outside the box, it looks like CGI.. But it's REAL!

Having watched the tutorial, it’s worth pointing out that as well as supplying this all set up and ready to go ‘out of the box’, Jimmy teaches how to make additional gimmicks so you can perform this with any deck and there is no need for refills.

How easy is it? Beginner level.. You just have a card selected and signed, then return it to the deck and put the playing cards into the box, between the spectators hands.

Reset? Instant

Can you use the deck before and after? Yes, the playing cards are ungimmicked so you do this then carry on using the cards.

Hope this helps you
Best wishes and good luck with your magic
Dominic
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2018, cardbiker wrote:

Kinda, sorta, maybe. But that's a bit of a stretch I think.
Plus it would involve deck switches and not look like this if the ad copy is accurate.

So are you saying the ad copy is inaccurate?
Or just trying to be negative?
What's your point?
mars26986
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of mars26986
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2018, cardbiker wrote:

Not like this. Using the Extractor you can not insert the entire deck back into the box and put it into their hands without going to your pockets a couple of times. The card also "appears" rather than just being there.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So the signed card is controlled to the bottom of the deck, replaced in box and a simple gimmick springs it back out.

I’ll stick to my extractor. Much cleaner.
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
What's nice about "outside the box" is they actually feel the card in there hand move from under the box, it gets great reactions.
Strange Jimmy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Strange Jimmy
Also when cards are in the box you can cleanly show all of them inside 😉
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, pegasus wrote:
So the signed card is controlled to the bottom of the deck, replaced in box and a simple gimmick springs it back out.

You can’t possibly replicate this with an extractor.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2018, pegasus wrote:

You can’t possibly replicate this with an extractor.

I think what pegasus might be saying,is not that the extractor can replicate the effect as in the same way as Outside The Box by Jimmy Strange "ie"(spectators signed card springs out under the box in the spectators hand) but that you can achieve the same/similar outcome as being able to remove a spectators signed card from a card box and that it gives you more options as to where you want the location of the spectators signed card to end up at. But only pegasus can tell you that himself.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Outside The Box by Jimmy Strange (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL