The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » How I carry sponge balls (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hi everyone,
So I've always had a problem when I forget to take the sponge balls out of my case or bag far a few days and I rush to my next performance and they look like they've been beaten up, wrinkled and squashed etc. It take a few minutes to futz with them to get them to spring back and look lively. So I came up with this very simple solution for my problem (boy these should be out biggest problems...right) I went and got a few hair curler tubes, and taped 2 together,then one piece of back to back tape across the bottom. Now the sponge balls stay in the correct shape and nice and springy! when they are taken out for the performance. I tried TP tubes but the cardboard got crushed easily and didn't help, the plastic is nice and the holes allow air to circulate so nothing dries out. This is also good to hold them when they are still a bit damp after cleaning them. Yes! I've invented the Plastic Tube!!!!
Bruce

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Good idea, thanks, but I stopped using curlers years ago, baldness set in. Smile

If you use the Super Soft sponge balls, all you need to do is wet the balls and squeeze them out they expand to like new round and fluffy.

Your right though, they take up to much room to carry to shows.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1556 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I wet the sponge balls and place them in a ziplock bag..
I then flatten the bag with a book or any flat object and then close the zip loc.
The balls remain nice and flat until you need them.
When you open the bag, the balls spring back to life.
Ihor
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Ihop,
do you try to remove the air from the bag or just close it while they are flat, I'm going to try that....
Thx
Bruce
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1556 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Drmolarmagic,
I put the wet sponge balls in a ziplock bag.
I flatten the bag and the sponge balls which squeezes out the air and close the bag while it is flat.
It remains flat and the balls remain wet.
Make sure you get a good bag that doesn’t let the air back in.
Ihor
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Cool idea
micwize
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of micwize
Good idea, thanks for sharing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » How I carry sponge balls (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL