The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Recommend a packet trick that is somewhat unusual, offbeat, or fun (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
596 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
I love Back Flip by Sam Schwartz. It is a great packet trick and the final colour change really catches people off guard. Also with a little thinking it resets automatically.

I only learned about this trick this year. I agree, it is a great trick. I love stumbling across recommendations and then finding you have the book associated with the effect.

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2311 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I didn't know about this trick, and I agree, it's great to find out you already have the trick's explanation. Coincidentally, I had just been looking at Daryl's DVD Fooler Doolers Volume 3 for another purpose, and he explains the trick there. I was reminded again what a funny and personable performer he was.

For the final change to green cards I thought of using a line like, "Last time I performed this it was on a boat in rough waters. The cards turned green."

So many great packet tricks, so little time!

Bob

P. S. Thanks, Stickmondoo, for recommending this one.
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
266 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Daryl’s version of Back Flip has a great surprise ending. It’s on one of the World’s Greatest Magic videos

Personally I love packet tricks in which the cards change colours. The more dramatic the change the better.

My favourite is Alex Emsley’s Dazzle. A truly amazing trick. Unfortunately the card set required for this is very hard to come by. Nick Trost has a nice version called Razzle Dazzle with a simpler set up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Recommend a packet trick that is somewhat unusual, offbeat, or fun (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL