The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here’s the latest release from Marc Paul via Alakazam. I love Marc’s relaxed style, and he always seems to bring out strong working effects....PIN is available on pre order. Thoughts?

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/pin-by-marc-paul.html
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just wondering what the non gimmicked envelope is for. Does a switch have to be performed each time beforehand ? Or is that for confirmation after the effect for the suspicious type?
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Uses a funny looking envelope. I wonder if they show how to make your own without big letters written on it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Haha. Yes I thought the same. Does scream gimmick.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Also wondering if you can make a business card sized version which avoids the need of custom sized refill cards
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Not keen on having to constantly buy refills to perform.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

No switch is needed in the routine. There is a lovely 2 person routine which uses 1 PIN envelope and the ungimmicked one. The routine is perfectly structured (as with all Marc's work) which means both spectators at one point have the ungimmicked envelope in their hands believing its theirs.

As for the refills you can certainly make your own, they are not hard to make but for those people (like me) who prefer just to buy them ready made the option is there.

I hope this helps

Peter
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is such a phenomenal idea. The first time I saw this concept was Marcs Course and the whole team were talking about it for days maybe even weeks afterwards! Having PIN written on the back isn't a problem as it's just an envelope! that's what so beautiful about envelopes... its just an envelope with something printed on it! By putting PIN on it, it creates a super commercial effect and in a restaurant situation, people at other tables and everyone on a page table will instantly get an idea of what's happening without you really needing to say much! I've got this ready for my Christmas corporate gigs and I know it's going to kill!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2018, JamieD wrote:
This is such a phenomenal idea. The first time I saw this concept was Marcs Course and the whole team were talking about it for days maybe even weeks afterwards! Having PIN written on the back isn't a problem as it's just an envelope! that's what so beautiful about envelopes... its just an envelope with something printed on it! By putting PIN on it, it creates a super commercial effect and in a restaurant situation, people at other tables and everyone on a page table will instantly get an idea of what's happening without you really needing to say much! I've got this ready for my Christmas corporate gigs and I know it's going to kill!

Jamie Daws

Hi Jamie,

Did you purchase it, or did you learn enough from Marc's course to be able to make it up?

(I purchased his course, but haven't watched it all yet. What I've seen thus far is fantastic. Also looking forward to his Penguin Live Act!)
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
533 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Marc ALWAYS come through with smart, elegent and actually useful Mentalism and this is no different.

We're lucky he is sharing!
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
In the November 2018 issue of the Penguine Magic Monthly Marc is sharing a great "ACAAN" version he calls EZACAAN, a very practical sleight free version which will go right into my close up set.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Not sure about showing someone's pin number....might need a routine restructure.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Use the word DIE instead and ask them to fill in the date when they think they will die. Then divine it. Pretty dark eh?
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Westo,
In the routine I perform on Peter the whole issue of revealing a PIN is dealt with. No need to restructure it's all been taken care of for you in the routine. You appear to know the spectator actual PIN but for confidentially reasons work with an imaginary one that they make up on the spot.
I hope that helps
All the best
Marc
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Okay...cheers Marc..
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ordered.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Ditto
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
“What I’ve created here is a brand new concept in mentalism”

Hmmm
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Use the word DIE instead and ask them to fill in the date when they think they will die. Then divine it. Pretty dark eh?

Just heard that Jamie Daws really likes my idea.Smile
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2018, westo wrote:
Not sure about showing someone's pin number....might need a routine restructure.

Are you being sarcastic?

They don’t have to use their real PIN number.

I’m very sarcastic. So I think you just got me! Lol.
I just woke up though....

I love this one. But it just seems to obvious that you peek it. Not just “magicians” guilt.
Most of my specs are way to keen and would see right through this. Pun intended.

Wish there was a way to have someone else hold the envelope.
And it would need some serious patter before the reveal.

Great idea on this. I’m just not 100% sold.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL