The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Is this just another peek envelope?
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, reignofsound wrote:

Yep, but it has the word PIN on it. It also comes in a foiled embossed red box.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, TheBentos wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, reignofsound wrote:

Yep, but it has the word PIN on it. It also comes in a foiled embossed red box.

Plus routines from Marc Paul, which will all be solid working material from a respected working pro..... Hey ho!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Mike Newman,
Just to let you know, there is a handling included that looks as if the spectator has examined and held both of the envelopes. This is currently my preferred way of presenting this and turns the effect into a feature routine
All the best
Marc
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Mine arrived today and i’m fairly impressed with it, actually, very impressed. The method is both simple and ingenious at the same time and the envelope is extremely well made and with care should last a fair while. It’s pretty much self working and certainly nothing difficult to do. It comes with 50 cards, 2 gimmicked envelopes and 1 ungimmicked envelope. All I would say, and for me this isn't a negative as such, is I think you’re going to want to buy the refils. They are absolutely makable but they do rely on an element of precision so in my mind, it’ll be far easier to buy them for a relatively low cost. However, for sake of fairness, you 100% could make these yourself if you had time / inclination.

Teaching is typical of alakazam and marc paul. Professionally made, very clear and and obvious this has been worked over a period of time with every aspect justified.

In summary, if you want to be able to perform the effect described with the props you see (an envelope with pin written on it and a card), then I cannot see how you’d be dissapointed.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
I’m disappointed that Marc Paul has put his Alakazam Academy session back on sale after explicitly saying it was only for the people who purchased in advance. Money over morals. No trust. Sad times.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I tip my hat to Marc, I absolutely love this. I will have so much fun with PIN. The production quality from Peter and the team is perfect too.

Thanks DR
Jessica Love
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jessica Love
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, Nevets wrote:
I’m disappointed that Marc Paul has put his Alakazam Academy session back on sale after explicitly saying it was only for the people who purchased in advance. Money over morals. No trust. Sad times.

Steven, Marc Paul doesn't sell it, Alakazam does.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Finally picked this up today from Alakazam. The method is very clever and self working - it is a total fooler! Bravo Marc 😁😁😁

The production quality is excellent. The envelopes are made from plastic so should last a long time.

There are two routines explained. The first is the direct PIN revelation. The second is where two spectators chose two separate pieces of info, which you reveal, ala A name and a Place by Bob Cassidy. This routine cleverly uses the ungimmicked envelope, which is handed out to one of the spectators to hold. Nice.

I will be using this in my stand up show, and could also be used in close up due to the size of the envelope and the invisibility of the gimmick in any light conditions and distances. I’m certainly not a buyer of lots of new magic, but this is an excellent purchase simply because I will use it!
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
That's interesting. ...for my close up, I will be making them up half size..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Used it tonight around tables in a restaurant I work regularly. Perfect. Envelope fits nicely in my inside jacket pocket with the inserts.
Magically,

jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
The instructions do not load. I keep getting a 404 error message. Anyone?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Jaizon,

Take a look in the My Streaming Video section of your account.

Regards

Peter
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2018, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Jaizon,

Take a look in the My Streaming Video section of your account.

Regards

Peter

It's in my order history, but no video shows up for my account. Thanks.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Get in touch with us at HQ via the chat and we can check it out for you.

Regards

Peter
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I am very happy to have pulled the trigger on this one ! It is brilliant ! I will use it in conjunction with Mental Picture by Gee Magic to first reveal their PIN and then show it on a pic I am holding in

my hand that I took before the show Smile

Thanks Marc Paul for releasing this and Peter Nardi for the astonishing production quality !

best regards from the swiss alps

Martin
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Jessica Love wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, Nevets wrote:

Steven, Marc Paul doesn't sell it, Alakazam does.

Are you saying Paul didn’t have a say in it then? Would be good for Paul to clarify.
marcpaul
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Hi Steven,
I don't normally comment on these sort of posts and I'm certainly not going to be drawn into a discussion about it, but you want me to clarify so here is my view...

I'm sorry you feel disappointed, but I'm not sure where all of this "it was meant to be exclusive" idea came from, no product is exclusive indefinitely. TV performers buy the "exclusive rights" on a trick for thousands of pounds and they get to perform it ONCE on TV and that's it. If you say to me that somebody mentioned at some point that the course would be exclusive then my reply is... you DO have something that is exclusive, think of it like this, anyone who LEGALLY downloaded my Alakazam Academy has bought the exclusive rights to perform any or all of those routines in any medium they like. Anyone who hasn't does not have that right.

On a personal note, I find it deeply offensive that you bring my morals into question. You don't know me and yet you judge me on an open forum.
I do not need to do these projects at all, I earn my living performing shows. My Alakazam Academy was NEVER about the money, it was about sharing my experience and ideas with other like minded individuals. You got a phenomenal bargain when you originally signed up. Almost 9 hours of material, access to me live and access to the facebook page and others on it. If you wanted ABSOLUTE EXCLUSIVITY you could have come and spent 9 hours with me personally to learn those routines and I would have charged you thousands of pounds, that's how valuable I think these effects and routines are.

The reality is simply this, you got my Academy at a cheaper price than it is now, you DID have exclusive use of that material for over 6 months. It's now on sale for others to benefit from, the format of the Academy has changed, evolved for the better.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, marcpaul wrote:
Hi Steven,
I don't normally comment on these sort of posts and I'm certainly not going to be drawn into a discussion about it, but you want me to clarify so here is my view...

I'm sorry you feel disappointed, but I'm not sure where all of this "it was meant to be exclusive" idea came from, no product is exclusive indefinitely. TV performers buy the "exclusive rights" on a trick for thousands of pounds and they get to perform it ONCE on TV and that's it. If you say to me that somebody mentioned at some point that the course would be exclusive then my reply is... you DO have something that is exclusive, think of it like this, anyone who LEGALLY downloaded my Alakazam Academy has bought the exclusive rights to perform any or all of those routines in any medium they like. Anyone who hasn't does not have that right.

On a personal note, I find it deeply offensive that you bring my morals into question. You don't know me and yet you judge me on an open forum.
I do not need to do these projects at all, I earn my living performing shows. My Alakazam Academy was NEVER about the money, it was about sharing my experience and ideas with other like minded individuals. You got a phenomenal bargain when you originally signed up. Almost 9 hours of material, access to me live and access to the facebook page and others on it. If you wanted ABSOLUTE EXCLUSIVITY you could have come and spent 9 hours with me personally to learn those routines and I would have charged you thousands of pounds, that's how valuable I think these effects and routines are.

The reality is simply this, you got my Academy at a cheaper price than it is now, you DID have exclusive use of that material for over 6 months. It's now on sale for others to benefit from, the format of the Academy has changed, evolved for the better.

BOOM!

Drops mic...
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, marcpaul wrote:
Hi Steven,

Great response.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL