The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genetics 2 - Sean Goodman (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Hi everyone. Since the original Genetics was released, I had numerous magicians asking me if I had any stock as the original was no longer available. Sadly, as this was produced by someone else the answer was no. However, I approached them and asked if it was OK for me, as the creator of the effect, to produce it myself to which they said yes. Good news! I'm therefore happy to share Genetics 2.

This set is made up of 26 poker sized stock (rather than 24 smaller cards in the original) and I've changed the handling which allows for the cards to be thoroughly mixed at the beginning so it's instantly reset - the original also had a variation where the cards were mixed up but I think that this new method is much much better.

Anyway, if you want to see an full unedited 6 minute performance (sorry it's in a pub in Norwich, England and doesn't have super dooper video effects etc and perhaps one or two beers may have been consumed too) then here it is - https://youtu.be/8rkDpXmd3T8

It's a lot of fun to perform! Hope you enjoy it!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Here's a comparison with the original Genetics to the new set;

https://youtu.be/F6ZFLUMWMvc
Magically,

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
That looked really good.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The original is a splendid OOTW-type effect to perform with a couple.

I just requested information on the price and how to order the new kit. It might be useful to add that information to this thread.

Thanks for this marvelous effect,

George
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3590 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great effect. I still use my original set.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Hi George. Yes it is available directly from me via my website or by sending PayPal payment to sean@simplymagic.co.uk. It’s £30 which includes postage. The first batch sold out and I’m expecting the next delivery by the end of this week so will be shipping immediately afterwards.

Emyers99, glad you’re still having fun with the original buddy. Please feel free to use my new handling too which lets the spectator shuffle the cards at the beginning as shown in the performance video. I’ve found this really strengthens the effect.
Magically,

George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1609 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Ordered!

Yes, mixing the cards would strengthen the spectator's experience oaf the effect!

George
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1123 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I have the original one. I love this new handling!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy's

Just to let you know we will be officially releasing Seans Genetics 2 at Blackpool. The images are now printed on great quality poker sized playing card stock and the video teaches Sean's great new handling

Regards

Peter
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7381 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Ordered!

Yes, mixing the cards would strengthen the spectator's experience oaf the effect!

George

An alternative is to dribble the cards face down along the table haphazardly and because cards stick together in clumps they look completely random and not in their “you know what” order.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Ordered!

Yes, mixing the cards would strengthen the spectator's experience of the effect!

George

An alternative is to dribble the cards face down along the table haphazardly and because cards stick together in clumps they look completely random and not in their “you know what” order.

Good idea but personally I don't like drawing attention to the backs before the end of the effect.

Regards
Peter
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Really enjoyed filming with Peter this week - I hope that everyone enjoys the new set and the new handling as much as I do! I actually used it too in my theatre show recently and it went down a storm! Thanks Peter and good luck with its release and I hope Harry has fun deming it at Blackpool 😄😄😄
Magically,

aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Will our favorite magic shops get this great new trick genetic 2 or strictly from the creator?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Genetic 2 should be with all dealers by the end of the month.

I hope this helps

Peter
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8419 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Anything that Sean Goodman puts out is always worth a good look-see, as it always involves something devilishly clever. Smile

Most people are aware of his fine coin magic, but he is a complete close-up man and really good at everything. I didn't know about his Genetics, but what an absolutely deceptive piece of work... Smile And I like that he shows you it being done in real time for real people, that's the absolute proving ground for good magic anywhere. And that it is done right up close and within his unique magic web of casual deception, well, people are bound to be pleasantly amazed everytime. Smile

His offering here of his update on this, Genetics 2 makes for an even more effective presentation. I like the wonderful cards used, and the presentation is so inviting and just plain fun. Smile Sean creates magic that works well, as he tests it all in the real world as an actual clever working pro. He's got another real winner with this one. A really nice effect with some unique cards, easy to carry around and amazing to present. A nice off-beat effect for coin and closeup workers, and an interesting piece off the beaten path for card guys too. Smile

You can't go wrong with anything from this guy, guaranteed to be always engagingly magical and fun. Smile *And oh, the just super, Peter Nardi of Alakazam Magic is involved with it too...well, what are you waiting for mates? Smile

*Highly Recommended! 🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1688 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
A fine piece of magic. I watched the performance several days ago, and it still has me scratching my head.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, Ray Haining wrote:
A fine piece of magic. I watched the performance several days ago, and it still has me scratching my head.

Thank you Ray. I think the new handling really takes the effect to a new level. I’ve tried to make it logical, so it fits in with the script, and yet it’s hidden in full sight! Thanks again
Magically,

Magic Dust
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
Anyway, if you want to see an full unedited 6 minute performance (sorry it's in a pub in Norwich, England and doesn't have super dooper video effects etc and perhaps one or two beers may have been consumed too) then here it is - https://youtu.be/8rkDpXmd3T8 - It's a lot of fun to perform! Hope you enjoy it!

I liked the video very much even though I had difficulties to understand everything linguistically
In order to restore the required order after mixing - it seems to need a good memory, right ?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2018, simplymagicweb wrote:
Anyway, if you want to see an full unedited 6 minute performance (sorry it's in a pub in Norwich, England and doesn't have super dooper video effects etc and perhaps one or two beers may have been consumed too) then here it is - https://youtu.be/8rkDpXmd3T8 - It's a lot of fun to perform! Hope you enjoy it!

I liked the video very much even though I had difficulties to understand everything linguistically
In order to restore the required order after mixing - it seems to need a good memory, right ?

Yeah you’ll want to add your own patter to suit you and your audience. In terms of memory work, there really isn’t any. NO MEMORY WORK!
Magically,

civins
View Profile
New user
Scotland
100 Posts

Profile of civins
Saw this in Blackpool on the Alakazam stand.
Really liked it - but was too expensive for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genetics 2 - Sean Goodman (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL