The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genetics 2 - Sean Goodman (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11561 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, George Hunter wrote:
Ordered!

Yes, mixing the cards would strengthen the spectator's experience oaf the effect!

George

An alternative is to dribble the cards face down along the table haphazardly and because cards stick together in clumps they look completely random and not in their “you know what” order.

Just refrain from dribbling on the cards
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
453rob
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of 453rob
I liked the video from the pub. The trailer on the Alakazam site is cut way too much and doesn't do the trick justice. I like the fact that the spec can shuffle the deck. However I find the re-arranging a bit suspicious. I guess if you let the spec just cut a few times that rearranging can be avoided. Am I thinking like a magician too much. Also 30 UK pound is a bit steep for me.
Good entertainment though, just on the edge of political correctness.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2019, 453rob wrote:
I liked the video from the pub. The trailer on the Alakazam site is cut way too much and doesn't do the trick justice. I like the fact that the spec can shuffle the deck. However I find the re-arranging a bit suspicious. I guess if you let the spec just cut a few times that rearranging can be avoided. Am I thinking like a magician too much. Also 30 UK pound is a bit steep for me.
Good entertainment though, just on the edge of political correctness.

I like this trick very much but I also find that 39 USD are a bit too much coins
https://www.alakazam.co.uk/genetics-2-by-sean-goodman.html
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
If it is something that makes it into your working set, it easily pays for itself. While a relatively simple routine, this trick is very entertaining and versatile with a couple or a group. I've had ver 1 for sometime and now also have ver 2. Definitely packs small, finish clean and the custom printed materials are well made. I always enjoying performing this.

Dan.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Genetics 2 by Sean Goodman is now available at Penguin.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
Over the moon with this. I had the original version and very glad I got the new one. I think this is one of those tricks where the audience feels it is more amazing than the magician. Try it you will be pleasantly surprised at the reactions that it gets. The secret is very clever as well 😀
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2019, rowland wrote:
Over the moon with this. I had the original version and very glad I got the new one. I think this is one of those tricks where the audience feels it is more amazing than the magician. Try it you will be pleasantly surprised at the reactions that it gets. The secret is very clever as well 😀

Thanks buddy. Yes I think the new handling is a killer and the cards are lovely. A proper worker.... Enjoy.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I ordered Genetics II from Hocus-Pocus. I have the registration code insert card. When I go to Alakazam's site they are requiring me to create an account that gives them too much of my personal information. All they should need is my email address and a password (and the registration code from the package). There is no reason they should be REQUIRING my telephone number and street address just to access the instructions for something that I ALREADY PAID FOR.

If someone knows how to access the instructions for Genetics II without being forced to give away your telephone number and street address, please let me know.

And, yes, I realize I can use fake information. That may be what I have to do.

Mark
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2185 Posts

Profile of NeilS
For those who have this, are any of the images likely to cause offence? I ask as quite a few times I perform for a more mature audience and who would not appreciate more questionable images.

Thanks

Neil
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Neil - I don’t believe any of the images are offensive in any way. You can dial up your patter in any direction you desired to be more or less risqué.

Dan.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2185 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
Neil - I don’t believe any of the images are offensive in any way. You can dial up your patter in any direction you desired to be more or less risqué.

Dan.

Thanks. The reason I asked was I saw one of the presentations of this had some risque suggestions.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

That’s easy to play either way depending on your patter. You won’t have any issue. You could also eliminate any cards that you thought could be offensive but I don’t believe there are any. It’s a fun and easy routine ... you’ll find the couple often setting the tone about how much innuendo fits their their humor level while you play it straight.

Dan.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, NeilS wrote:
For those who have this, are any of the images likely to cause offence? I ask as quite a few times I perform for a more mature audience and who would not appreciate more questionable images.

Thanks

Neil

I’ve never had a problem but if you wanted to you could just remove it. Simple.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
My friends are LOVING this, it's my new favorite effect to perform. A group of 10 of us went to Denny's for a late dinner following the local IBM Ring meeting on Monday. I performed Genetics 2 for 9 other magicians and it killed. They felt it was a real fooler and an excellent trick to involve two people (a couple) at the same time. I think all 9 of them plan to purchase the effect.

Sean, you can send the commission to me via PayPal! Smile

Mark
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
892 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
My friends are LOVING this, it's my new favorite effect to perform. A group of 10 of us went to Denny's for a late dinner following the local IBM Ring meeting on Monday. I performed Genetics 2 for 9 other magicians and it killed. They felt it was a real fooler and an excellent trick to involve two people (a couple) at the same time. I think all 9 of them plan to purchase the effect.

Sean, you can send the commission to me via PayPal! Smile

Mark

LOL buddy - better send that request to Peter from Alakazam now! Glad you’re enjoying it. As previously mentioned I think the new handling is a game changer and a real fooler.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
garys
View Profile
New user
Hertfordshire, UK
59 Posts

Profile of garys
Stop making tricks. I keep spending my money on your magic Smile Sean always comes up with great idea and simple to do!
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
There are 3 handlings. I use the second handling for table hopping. Which is your preferred handling?

Txs,
Charlie
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of aheller5
The new dealing is great makes the trick wonderful..is there a chat on facebook etc.. for other ideas on reasons for the dealing ?
magomago
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of magomago
I have the first original genetics, is there any way I can buy the new handling.
Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Genetics 2 - Sean Goodman (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL