The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Subtle Bill Switch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

willmillar27
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of willmillar27
Hi All,

I know this looks like some kid who just joined to find out secrets - however I was a member of the Magic Café for a few years but became disillusioned by magic about 15 years ago so ducked out of it. Now in my 30's and having recently met and chatted with Luke Jermay - I've been reinvigorated to this wacky game. (I realise that this is what a kid who just joined to find out secrets would say!)

I'm working on a number force for a show which has used a clear force bag and raffle tickets several times. Going via a Berglas Magic Square - the end of the routine is to reveal a phone number from the yellow pages, which relates to a word that a member of the audience wrote at the start of the show (that's the short description) A la 'Infamous' by Derren Brown all the numbers used in the show total the phone number.

At any rate - looking to use the serial number off a bank note and wondered if anyone knows of a way to force the bank note on the spectator with the following criteria. A lot of bill switches are more about changing one to the other so looking for something either subtle, or better still, getting the note to the spectator so discreetly that I don't touch it (in the presence of the audience)

Some of the Annemann forces using envelopes are quite an interesting and I feel give enough distance that the audience wouldn't necessarily put two and two together that I had touched it previously. There's also the possibility of getting the barman to be in cahoots with me and give the person the £5 note as change - but far too many things to go wrong and not enough outs!

Any suggestions appreciated

Many Thanks

Will
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm not clear about your criteria, but look at

- Hot Chocolate or Counterfeit Spectator in AOA
- see the demo for ProPac
- Tarbell's Bank Night; V5

John
willmillar27
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of willmillar27
Thanks John,

Will give them a look. It was a hard thing to try and explain. I'm remembering the old military motto - 'Impossible I can do, miracles take a little longer'

All the Best

Will
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21955 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is a subtle Bill Switch discussion, that the original poster did not like, but I think is the best I have ever seen in person.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=210

While looking for this older posting, I ran across a number of discussion on various Bill Switches be discussed. You might check them out to see if anything fits your needs.

Welcome back to the Café.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I remember "Dollar Bill Switch" by J. Vosburgh Lyons in "Annemann's Practical Mental Effects". Corinda's "13 Steps To Mentalism" also has some subtle switches.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Subtle Bill Switch (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL