The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fraser Parker DRAGON PEEK (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I have been using this new peek from Fraser Parker for awhile now, it is really simple, and you do not even have to use business cards.

Any deck of cards, Any time, no Gimmicks!

Very clean and simplified, as well as justified.

Requires beginner level knowledge of basic sleight of hand.

Utilize a full peek of the playing card to easily obtain names, words, star signs, and drawings made by the spectator, or also multiple pieces of information.

You receive a a5 booklet, and pdf will be sent within 12 hours of purchase.

Get it at http://www.fraserparker.co.uk/dragonpeek.htm

Anyway, back to the review.

I like the fact that the moves, if you can even call them that, are justified, and to laymen it looks like what you are doing and saying are in agreement.

No difficult moves, like mentioned above, just basic sleight of hand.

If you cannot do the required moves that Fraser teaches, you can switch and change those moves and opt for something even easier, it is your call.

I am willing to help people out that need it, as I believe that much in this release, with a full peek of information written on a playing card.

I can also share what I do, as to not damage a deck of cards, by removing one card, after the performance.

There are really 2 alternatives, you can dedicate an old worn deck, and get rid of the cards that way, or you can have an extra card that can then be given away.

The peek happens in an instant, is not bold, is easy, brief, and this is something to fool laymen not magicians. Well maybe some.....

It is not expensive very fairly priced for what you get, and is something you can use and have on you at a moments notice.

Like I said for those that purchase this, willing to offer alternative methods that I use to the ones taught, as well as offer any assistance needed, as well as Fraser Parker, is always on board for help too.

A good peek to have in the arsenal or toolbox and something that will fall under the radar, but should not be overlooked.

No difficult double talk or wording necessary, everything is completely justified, and easy to remember.

Congrats Fraser

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Sounds very good
Always love a good peek

My question would be
After Reading to the blurb,
Who places the card back into the stack ?
and who shuffles ?
and who then spreads the cards again ?
Unless the spectator is allowed to do most if not all these procedures
I often find the mechanics of it conspicuous
This is the part of the blurbs that I found ever so slightly suspicious, if the mentalist is performing…

“The spectator writes a piece of personal information on a random playing card
which is then shuffled and lost in the deck.
The deck is spread towards the spectator and they confirm their card is indeed lost somewhere in the deck,
which is then closed and placed face down onto the table “
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
How does this compare to the many other stack peeks that use card moves? I can think of quite a few...

Also - is there a requirement to use playing cards or could you use double blanks or business cards?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Smikey,

The spectator places the card back in the stack.
You shuffle the cards.
You spread the cards again and the spectator will see that their card is indeed lost somewhere in the deck.
Then as the ad says, it is closed and put face down on the table.

There are 2 great convincesr here, which I cannot say what they are, but they work and get the job done. I think the psychology here is more important than the method.
Again, one its not expensive, and two, I am willing to help anyone out with this if need be, the peek is not bold, and will fly by everyone

Last Laugh,

I am sure if you put some of the peeks out there with this one, they will be similar in some aspects, but I do not think they will be the same. Like I said above, there are some great convincers here, that just work, and I think those are key here, to making everything look fair and exactly how it should look.

I believe you could use your business cards for this, yeah why not, there might be a slight modification, but its easy, very easy, so yeah, though I feel it works better with the cards, you can adapt this to business cards, which I havent done, but I know what I would do if I would try it with business cards, or double blanks.

Hope I answered your questions.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks for the response, Alex. Would it be fair to say that this is basically convincers for some standard card moves?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
Thanx Alex
for your kind response,
thoughtful ideas
skillful contributions
and generous offerings
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Here is a video, take a look:

https://vimeo.com/302116316

Thanks

Alex
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Whats the advantage of this over all the other card p**ks out there that you can do this with?

what makes this a "go to" method vs any other contr*l?

for £15, what is this giving me that I wouldn't already know if I've studied the basics/classics of card magic?

the idea, or rather, explaining that playing cards were used for fortune telling for hundreds of years and pre-date the tarot in that respect isn't new (not saying this is what Fraser is offering, I don't know)…same with the old "these are symbols and shapes" spiel...

is he giving motivation as to why someone would write on a playing card? and again, in what way is this different or new in comparison to others who have done that before Fraser...

thanks!

PS - not being difficult, just trying to understand the differences and so on Smile
I've asked to be banned
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Iain,

I would say there is no advantage over other ones, if you are happy with what you know, then stick to that.

I don't like writing on cards either, but I have lots of old cards that I don't use, so I am using them for this.

The important part here is the motivation for the peek, as well as the psychology surrounding it, but just the structuring of the steps to get the peek is what is different, and what I like....its foolproof I would say.

im not sure on the motivation for writing on the playing cards to be honest, as I never really liked doing that, but I use old cards, and then give the card away, and still have a complete deck. I do a lot of card magic, and card mentalism,so this was up my alley, but some of you don't like using cards, and that is perfectly fine.

if you need anything else let me know via PM. happy to help.

if you are curious, decide if it is something you can see yourself performing, if you are curious and don't think its for you, scrap it, if you already know multiple peek methods, don't get this.......if you want to add another peek method to your existing ones, never hurts to learn from all sources, or pick and choose.......you might get it and like it, or you might get it and decide that its not for you, totally fine.

it all depends on the performer and what you want to get out of it.

Let me know if I can help

Alex
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, BMWGuy wrote:
Here is a video, take a look:

https://vimeo.com/302116316

Thanks

Alex

Link seems to not be working?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Must have been taken down.

I will check

Alex
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
20 pounds. No thank you. Booklet with 5 pound postage? What a con. Plus the demo has mysteriously disappeared.
Drewmasters
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Drewmasters
I agree with both Pegasus and Iain , what’s old is new again it would seem .
The emperors new clothes once more 🙂
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
The video was taken down as Fraser is filming a new one Smile

This booklet is also available here: https://mentalistry.com/products/books/d......physical
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Drewmasters
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Drewmasters
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, Tom Wong wrote:
The video was taken down as Fraser is filming a new one Smile

This booklet is also available here: https://mentalistry.com/products/books/d......physical

I thought he might want to imo judging on the first one .
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Also now available in PDF format here:

https://mentalistry.com/products/e-books......-parker/

Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fraser Parker DRAGON PEEK (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL