The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » El Hilo by Javi Benitez - CLEANEST Gypsy Thread (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
If memory serves me right, I think Javi Benitez released this effect long back (almost 4 years or more) along with a few card and coin tricks. Probably the El Hilo effect was then known by another name, but certainly not by the name El Hilo. Back then, the Javi's Gypsy Thread effect wasn't so popular as people are now trying to make it look so.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It must be the best as it’s the most expensive- right?
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I have it and the handling isn't safe and clean enough for me. Especially I don't like how he announces upfront what is going to happen. Boooh !!! In some cases this might add to the magic yes, but not in this one imho.
I can see why for some in the know this might look stronger as it is happening in the audiences hands, but this piece belongs in the hands of the magician only imho. My favourite method is by Gaetan Bloom, recited to music and with a poem. I like the idea with the melting thread in the end and might add this part.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Gypsy floss is still the best. 5 second set up. Easy to carry. Super easy to perform given the waxed floss. I carry it with me everywhere and it’s always ready to go.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Gypsy floss is still the best. 5 second set up. Easy to carry. Super easy to perform given the waxed floss. I carry it with me everywhere and it’s always ready to go.

Agree and the handling for this can be easily applied to gypsy floss....the qualities of the waxed floss make it perfect.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, TStone wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

Sorry, I will say away from this.

Smile

This is the best rendition of the plot that exist. I highly doubt a better rendition will emerge anytime soon.
But if you're not interested in this particular plot, then it makes all the sense in the world to stay away from it.

We are indeed interested in this plot, we just don’t agree with you. You are not the final authority on this effect. Far from it.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Pegasus, why?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Why what?
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Is the Ellusionist an instant download and materials or would we have to wait for a DVD or package?

Thanks,

Sean
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, Waters. wrote:
Is the Ellusionist an instant download and materials or would we have to wait for a DVD or package?

Thanks,

Sean

E is a download and props are sent in the post. The PDF transcript of the same effect, without props, is available from the originator at half the cost. Also download. Both tell you which thread to use, which should be easily available.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2018, pegasus wrote:
So basting thread ( whatever that is ) and so called ‘magic dust’ and we pay 50 bucks, plus postage? Incredible.

No, you pay for the work. And the work is incredible!
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, pegasus wrote:
We are indeed interested in this plot, we just don’t agree with you. You are not the final authority on this effect. Far from it.

We?
Yes, you've made it perfectly clear that you rather do the two-string version from Professor Hoffmans's "Later Magic" than any of the versions that have emerged after 1904.
What is less clear is why you spend so much time being negative here, when you know nothing about the routine and lack interest in it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Yes, WE, the ones who do not agree with you. There are better versions at a fraction of the price. That is not being negative. It’s just not agreeing with you.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
It pains me to see the moderators allow this type of trashing the work of other people in this place.

FYI Javi sells the video instructions only in his website for about $50. Each spool is about $10. Ellusionist is giving you 2 spools plus the the dust for that money. So it's already a deal.

But besides that this is an award winning routine. Javi made it much more beautiful than it was by his "one degree" changes and improvements. $50 for this routine is absolutely not expensive.

Congratulations to Mr. Benitez for creating this excellent piece and to Ellusionist for making this available to a wider audience at a fair price.

Yes, the PDF may be a cheaper option but it has been a standard practice to charge more for video instruction than written (and a lot of times it costs more to produce).
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Devereaux
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
67 Posts

Profile of Devereaux
Does anyone have this as well as Aberdeen Thread (James Dickson)?-- curious in any comparisons considering the type of thread that appears to be used.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@ Devereaux: I have the Aberdeen Thread by James Dickson. The thread looks almost similar to the one used by Javi as seen in the El Hilo demo video.

Like I mentioned earlier, the El Hilo effect was released much earlier (almost 6 years ago) by Javi by the name 'Broken and Restored Thread' in one of this multi-effect (containing a few card & coin effects as well) video 'Chango'. Thereafter, almost 2 years ago (as per my knowledge), the same effect was released as a solo effect by the name 'El Hilo' and was sold by Javi at his various lecture venues. During these 6 years of it's release, the effect never gained such popularity; and now all of a sudden, out of the blue, the El Hilo effect seems to gain great prominence (with the help of Javi's friends and followers) and becomes one of the best, cleanest and most sought after Gypsy Thread effects ever released at a whooping $50 price tag. I fail to understand our magical world and the way it functions.

. . . . and

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, TStone wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you've made it perfectly clear that you rather do the two-string version from Professor Hoffmans's "Later Magic" than any of the versions that have emerged after 1904.

From the above it is quite evident that anybody who don't agree with the followers of Javi (for that matter this also applies to any other creator and their new release) are ridiculed. This is not good. One must take criticism in the right spirit.

My thoughts please.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
I'm still waiting for an informed review about this product. I don't see the point of focusing the thread on the price based on the fact that you can perform a similar trick with cheaper methods. I have read a lot of thread pushed by some creator's followers but honestly this doesn't seem the case.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:

Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, scott0819 wrote:
Pegasus, why?

Quote:
Why what?

Why do you need to insult people for expressing an opinion? Are you the authority on who is an authority around here?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2018, academy wrote:

I'm still waiting for an informed review about this product. I don't see the point of focusing the thread on the price based on the fact that you can perform a similar trick with cheaper methods. I have read a lot of thread pushed by some creator's followers but honestly this doesn't seem the case.

I agree, that's quite fair on your part. It's the right and sensible approach for judging an effect.

Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I bought it because the above post said it’s a download. Know that it must be one that is not in your queue when you order.
I guess it’s attached to the product. Bummer now I gotta wait Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » El Hilo by Javi Benitez - CLEANEST Gypsy Thread (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL