The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Safety Coffin Bell. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2275 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
"Saved by the bell" originating from the graveyard makes an AWESOME story. It is however, not true. As many people who have fought in the ring know, it is a boxing term (coined in the 30s). Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I don't trust wiki ... You'll need a better source.... Smile Smile Smile Evidence for Dead Ringer basically defines Ringer, which is common knowledge and then attaches the writers idea of dead....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
So while authenticity matters to us, I'm not sure it matters to our audiences? Depending on our persona, I'm not sure it should matter to us either? Are we entertainers or professors lecturing? I ask myself these questions over and over again with the answer being, it depends. Because of the plethora of dependencies, I won't even begin to try covering all the bases but in general, I think it more important to be entertaining, than accurate in my presentations. That's just me Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
537 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
About being burried alive. This is a great novel: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Egg

Don’t watch the related American movie, though. It has a happy end... (eh, and the book hasn’t)

Cheers, Luc
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4474 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Slim King wrote:
Evidence for Dead Ringer basically defines Ringer, which is common knowledge and then attaches the writers idea of dead....


https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dead-ringer.html
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
So while authenticity matters to us, I'm not sure it matters to our audiences? Depending on our persona, I'm not sure it should matter to us either? Are we entertainers or professors lecturing? I ask myself these questions over and over again with the answer being, it depends. Because of the plethora of dependencies, I won't even begin to try covering all the bases but in general, I think it more important to be entertaining, than accurate in my presentations. That's just me Smile

Agreed 100%. The debate on the origin of a few saying is solely for our own nerdy forum bantering and nothing more.
Bob
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2018, Slim King wrote:
Evidence for Dead Ringer basically defines Ringer, which is common knowledge and then attaches the writers idea of dead....


https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dead-ringer.html

Dead, in the sense of lifeless, is so commonly used that we tend to ignore its other meanings. ..... So THIS is proof???? reminds me of the old mentalism trick .. Common knowledge ...LOL
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Safety Coffin Bell. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL