The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DRAWING THOUGHTS - Volume Two (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that I've been putting the finishing touches on something very special recently...

This is my first 'Limited Release Book' within the community and I am very excited for it to arrive with a special few of you soon...

I'm very happy to announce that 'Drawing Thoughts - Volume Two' will be availble very soon!

The book is something truly special that I have been working on in pieces for some time. More recently I dedicated some time and energy towards organising all the contents and what I've arrived at is exciting and I believe, very special.

The book contains a number of Drawing Duplications that I kept back from 'Drawing Thoughts' back in 2015.

This book is a collection of my work that I am most proud of surrounding the drawing duplication.

You will learn methods for secretly obtaining drawn and imagined thoughts, you will learn how to apply these methods properly in performance and you will learn everything I have to know about the drawing duplication.

I've also decide to include the main material found within Drawing Thoughts but with expanded detail, routining and nuances that elevate these secrets into approaches that you can gain a strong reputation from performing.

I am especially proud and excited to be sharing 'Harvested, Drawn and Imagined' which is my full 10-12 minute stage ready routine. This is how I perform Reveal in every performance I give as a Mind Reader. This is the first time I'll be teaching this, and although excited I am a little sad to let it go.

The book is currently being profesionally formatted and proof read and then it will be heading off to print.

Here the thing...

I AM ONLY PRINTING 30 BOOKS!

I want to continue to work with much of the material within this volume, and for that reason I'm pricing this out of those meerely curious whilst also limiting the print run to a very small number.

NO MORE WILL EVER BE PRINTED EVER AGAIN! EVER!

The contents are as follows:

Reveal - My full teaching of REVEAL (a method for duplicating a drawn image on stage, under test conditions).

Tree Drawing - Here I tip a handling that can be added to Reveal that is worth it's weight in gold, and is something I have used for years but never spoken about.

Reveal Revisited - Learn how you can elevate Reveal to work with a larger writing surface and a locking system, allowing you true piece of mind and added benifits.

Harvesting, Drawn, Imagined - My FULL 10-12 minute stage routine that involves an entire audience, has copious amounts of intrigue, and multiple moments of mind reading. During this professional routine you have everyone think of an image. You proceed to reveal exact thoughts that exist only in your audiences mind as you eliminate spectators in a search to find an interesting thought. This is a fully written, worked, tried and tested routine that ends with the ultra clean duplication. This is something you can drop into your act and once you do, something that you won't want to stop performing. This alone is worth the price of the book!

A (Very Short) Formula - A short essay about how to maximise your drawing duplications.

Use Your Own Wallet - A method that allows you to duplicate a drawing using your own normal, un gimmicked wallet and a normal business card.

Enlighten-cement - An off beat approach that has some very interesting strengths and advantages.

3S1D - A routine that I use when performing at private parties. A duplication that involves multiple spectators, has in built progressive stucture and a strong ending.

Open Index System - A method that allows you to duplocate a drawing without ever drawing a thing!

I.D.D + Bonus’s - A method for duplicating a drawing that you can perform over facetime/ skype and one that allows you to commit to your impressions without secretly peeking the spectator drawing. You could even draw first!

1 - 4 - 1 - My handling of Bob Cassidy'd Two Envelope Test.

Lastly (Bonus #2) - A Star Sign Prediction (with a surprising method)

Credits - Full credits and further reading.

The book will be priced at £85 per copy, post paid.

Althought it's not avaible yet, I am open to taking pre orders, so should you wish to secure your copy of Drawing Thoughts Volume Two, please email me at: chrisrawlinsmentalist@googlemail.com or send the funds to that address on Paypal and be sure to include your full name and address.

I'm also very happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the book here or via email & private message.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Little Update - more information can be found here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/About.php

People are already reserving thier copies of Drawing Thoughts Volum Two!

I've included the link to the site where you can read a little more about the book and also if you wish, reserve your copy.

More soon!

C
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
I'm looking forward to this. Chris' work is always interesting, smart and valuable; I think if you have any interest in mentalism then this book will be worth its weight for you, drawing duplication is one of the strongest effects you can do.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just pre-ordered a copy. IT looks like it is a terrific book. I already have your Reveal apparatus and I am sure your book will add more subtlties to its usage

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Robd & Michael - Thank you! I'm sure you'll find much value within the pages of Drawing Thoughts Volume Two, especially with regards to Reveal.

I appreciate your support and am really excited for this to land with you.

I am also amazed that 1/3 of the books are already claimed, to all those that have pre ordered the book - thanks so much!

Those who are curious, you still have time before they are all gone.

More soon,

Christopher
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Is this out yet? When are they being sent out?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2018, robd wrote:
Is this out yet? When are they being sent out?

Not yet sir!

Although the finishing touches to the formatting and cover design are being made this week. Then everything will go to print, and as soon as they land with me I'll be sending them out personally.

There are still books to be claimed. REMEMBER only 30 books will ever be printed.

More information is here: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/About.php

I'll be in touch,

Christoper
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

UPDATE!

I can confirm that my good friend, excellent human and superb professional Marco Fida has written the foreword for DTV2!

It's a superb and interesting, factual and worthy addition to the book.

More Soon,

Christopher
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Marco's ace. His billet work is insane
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Marco is truly excellent and his foreword is a solid and worthy addition to this volume.

I am waiting for final design alterations to the cover design and then the book will be going to print. After speaking with the printer, I was advised it was best to wait till after Christmas and New year to avoid substantial printing delays.

I can't wait to get these out to all that have purchased, you really will love this book!

I have only a small few copies that remain, we are talking very few.

Then they are gone forever.

If you would like to secure one as a new year treat to yourself here is where you can do that: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/About.php

Thank you all so much, speak soon and of course - HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

I just had some wonderful feedback from Marc Salem about DTV2...

“For those who loved Reveal or Chris’ Drawing thoughts one, you are in for a delightful surprise of mega proportions. Though you do not need those works to use this book, they are really must haves. The book is a masters thesis on design, picture or thought reading. I loved every second of it. He has so many variations that the audience will know you are reading their thoughts, and you can pick and choose depending on the venue. Chris has thought long and deep on the presentation, blocking, verbiage, and methods of these miracles. He is clear, concise, and the biggest complement: I learned and will use this. Those who know me, understand how picky I am. Chris, Thanks for your gift of miracle making." - Marc Salem, NYC.

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Any update?
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

*UPDATE*

Those who have ordered, thank you!

I have had a very busy few months, and as a result, I have been doing shows all around the UK and as far as Australia.

This has set things back a little as I want everything to be perfect with the book.

The insides are all edited, formatted and have been triple checked.

The cover has seen two redesigns and is undergoing its final changes and very soon the book will go to print.

As I want to send each copy out by hand, I'm having the books shipped to me, then out to those who have ordered.

I apologize for the slightly longer delay but I promise you, THIS IS WORTH THE WAIT.

Marc Salem has read the final draft of the book and LOVED it!

He even said "“For those who loved Reveal or Chris’ Drawing thoughts one, you are in for a delightful surprise of mega proportions. Though you do not need those works to use this book, they are really must haves. The book is a masters thesis on design, picture or thought reading. I loved every second of it. He has so many variations that the audience will know you are reading their thoughts, and you can pick and choose depending on the venue. Chris has thought long and deep on the presentation, blocking, verbiage, and methods of these miracles. He is clear, concise, and the biggest compliment: I learned and will use this. Those who know me, understand how picky I am. Chris, Thanks for your gift of miracle making."

Those who have ordered, it will not be much longer till you're books are on their way. I thank you for your support and patience.

I have a small number of copies (less than 5) remaining, which I'll be taking with me to the USA for some lectures in April.

I can't wait for you all to read this and use the contents. Especially my full stage routine for REVEAL.

Any questions, please DM me or email me at: chrisrawlinsmentalist@gmail.com and I'll be happy to reply.

Best wishes,

Chris
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everybody know that the books are now with the printers.

I am expecting them to arrive with me within the next two weeks, where I will then start shipping out each buyer.

I am also lecturing in the USA in two weeks (LA & Phoenix) where I will have a couple of copies available.

The price of the book has now gone up from the original price of £85, and will continue to increase as each remaining copy sells.

I can't wait to see everyone's feedback as I'm very confident you will be glad that you made such a worthwhile investment.

C

LAST COPIES HERE: http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/About.php

*while stock lasts - NO MORE PRINTED EVER
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Marc Paul just said this about DRAWING THOUGHTS VOLUME 2

“I’ve long admired Chris’ thinking. He has a knack of cutting through mentalism plots and getting at the heart of the effect. This then gives him the freedom to explore possibilities that don’t occur to most mentalists. DTV2 is a great example of this. He returns to one of his favorite plots, the drawing duplication, and has created some really radical ways of achieving that plot. Imagine being able to perform a drawing dup live over the internet! This really has not been possible until Chris started thinking in directions that make it completely possible, even easy! If you like well-constructed mentalism you’ll love this book and it will give you some real food for thought.” Marc Paul

Not many copies remain and not long left until the book ships!

http://c-r-products.yolasite.com/About.php

I'll be in touch,

Christopher
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I’ve never really ‘got into’ drawing duplications, though have thought about the plot occasionally… it doesn’t help that I have no drawing skills myself

I know that Chris has had a history of interest and releases on this plot – including whole books, stand-alone releases, and the whole first day of one of his Alakazam lectures

I guess that would suggest that his interests and thoughts on the subject should be worthy of consideration

I haven’t got this book – but I would presume if you are interested in the plot – it should have some insights and should be very good

I was just wondering about the marketing

I don’t care about the price – that is up to the creator as to what value s/he puts on his work

I just think limiting it to 35 copies and saying:

“NO MORE WILL EVER BE PRINTED EVER AGAIN! EVER!”

Leads to two issues:

One issue is it will lead to some annoyed purchasers when the routines/tips/handlings end up in new books/DVD’s/Alakazam courses that Chris releases in the future… or worse he releases the ‘book’ in a new format, either with other work or some ‘get out’ as a PDF

The second issue – is the crazy situation that he is forcing future purchasers to use pirates. As that will be the only way to buy the book. There will be no legitimate way to buy a copy. I’m not sure limiting releases is a good way to operate [in this day and age] as you may end up pushing people into buying illegal copies [when they would never normally but have no option]

But it was this comment, on the books sale page from Chris’s website, which made me make this post:

“All copies purchases are not for re sale, uploading or sharing.”

I’m pretty sure you can’t limit people being able to sell on a book they have bought. You can’t make up rules that go beyond what the law permits.

What does sharing mean? So mentalist A can’t lend the book to mentalist B [?] – or does that mean online? As it’s a book – that would involve ‘scanning’ and is covered by ‘uploading’. Again once it’s bought I’m pretty sure you can’t say that the person who bought it can’t lend the book to someone else. Or that they can’t sell it.

And in effect by limiting the number of books – you are making people much more likely to upload their copies, and share them…

“I want to continue to work with much of the material within this volume, and for that reason I'm pricing this out of those merely curious whilst also limiting the print run to a very small number”

If you are releasing the work – you do lose certain control over it. Maybe it would have been better to not release the book? Though Chris career isn’t ‘mainly’ as a performer. He does release material, and give lectures, etc. It sort of feels like he is trying to have his cake and eat it – on this release.

But I have always felt that he comes across well – and I’m just commenting as I felt a few things didn’t sit well [for me] on this release.

I’m also very much thinking that any ‘act’ that releases work – should think of using two different names. As when someone [layperson] sees them and likes their act – you don’t want them Googling you and finding out how all your stuff is done, and that you don’t have any real powers [hmm]

Again - if you are into this plot - with Chris's long time interest [obsession] I would think it will be very good. So I'm not dissing the book, or Chris... just a few things about the marketing... and they are just passing comments/thoughts on my part
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's not uncommon to limit distribution of secrets and scripted routines in order to guarantee relative exclusivity, or to price a book/routine/effect accordingly. There's a chance that the 35 people who take the plunge will try to protect their investment by keeping the information to themselves. At any rate, even the most ordinary, widely distributed releases wind up for sale on the pirate sites within weeks at a ridiculously low price, so wider distribution doesn't seem to help in that regard. The only check on that sort of thing is honest people refusing to support the pirates. As far as reselling goes, that's an interesting question, but at least in this case the terms of the original sale are stated up front and prior to purchase, unlike some projects that have tried to impose restrictions on use after the sale by including them on the packaging. Bob Kohler has had some experience with structuring the transfer of routines and props as a lease, rather than a sale. Maybe it depends on where you live, but in the USA the freedom of contract allows for such agreements on the front end. Anyway, anyone who chooses not to jump in now while copies are available - as they have been for months - will have no excuse if they look for a pirate copy later.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
It's about honest people - having no option [if they want a copy] than to use the pirate sites

And it doesn't matter if people have the chance to buy it now

What about the mentalists that get into the art, after the last copy has sold

Yes the pirate sites have everything on them, but if there is only 35 copies sold... and noone can sell their copies on... than from the 36th person onwards, you are making it impossible for them to buy a copy from anywhere but a pirate site
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No option? How stupid...

So if I want to read alain bellons work I am "forced" to get it illegally? No. It just means I go without. I move on.

My work is available illegally same as everyone else's. It's how the world works now unfortunately, and that's partly because people these days don't like being told no.

Especially in this niche world, people think they are missing out on something that'll make them superstars.
I've asked to be banned
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
That's not what I said...

I said - 'It's about honest people - having no option [if they want a copy] than to use the pirate sites'

Many people may well decide not to buy a pirate version... but if they want to buy the book - that's their only option then

But these sort of limited sales just push many people [who would have bought them legally] onto the pirate sites

And yes everything ends up on them anyway - but there's no reason to make those places the only place you can buy the items
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DRAWING THOUGHTS - Volume Two (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL