The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bigger Fish Files (73 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Inb4 Tom Wong or whatever from his home... I mean Mentalistry store, comes on to push it (if he ends up carrying it). I rather just deal with and pay Peter Turner directly. USB containing what I assume will be the link to the product. It’s another video project covering material that has been based on, inspired, and/or updated from the Bigger Fish and Bigger Fish 2 books that have been long out of print. Very cool USB fob as it’s inside a cork for a tiny glass bottle. From the sounds of it this will not be a Dropbox/Vimeo style distribution and instead I believe Peter will have a password protected website that will stream the content set up or being set up. Videography presumably from Jacob. I’ve just ordered this personally and am excited as both DiD2 and Escalators were phenomenal in content. Limited to 200 copies. Preorder going on right now. 200 GBP is the price.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Tom Wong got beat good.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Tom Wong got beat good.

Let me pull a Tom Wong here by doing a copy pasta. The only difference is that I’ll be pretty up to date with my info and also keep relative good tabs on progression of things. Too bad I make literally nada on this and am just a paying customer. If Tom’s is in any way shape or form an acceptable level of customer service, then I really should take going into the magic reseller business a career shift option. LoL.

“The time is now!

This is the biggest and best project I’ve ever, ever created. Ive been working on this for over a year and I’m so ****ing happy to be able to talk about it.

- The Bigger Fish Files.

The material in the first two books changed my life - I never, never anticipated we would be where we are now and yet here we are.

Firstly, anyone that’s followed my story and supported me and my work thank you - You’ve helped me as a performer and a creator.

I rarely brag about my creations but this one is something special.

It would take far too long to list everything on this project, you’ll just have to trust me when I say it will change you as a performer (it’s certainly changed me).

This material is inspired by the Biggerfish books - I’ve revisited those books given the material INSANE twists, updates and created brand new, never before seen material, principles and plots inspired by those books.

What started as me updating the material in those books (for myself) turned into an obsession and that obsession turned into me creating what I consider my best work to date.

If you thought Devil in Disguise 2 was a big project you’ll love this.

I’ve worked hard with Tom Phoenix to create a security system that is so unique to protect the material - that alone I guarantee you will smile at.

I’ve also flown Jacob Smith in from the states to film this project in a way no other project has ever been shot. I’ve directed this project from start to finish and personally been editing this project myself. ****, it looks cool.

Anyway enough of me rambling let’s talk details.

This is limited to 200 bottles.

Devil in Disguise 2 sold out incredibly quickly and I got a number of emails telling me I never gave enough time for people to reserve themselves a copy - well here’s your chance.

Get yours now.

200gbp - (The price point reflects the quality of the material and time and effort that has gone into this). You will not be disappointed.

You know the PayPal -

Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

❤️

X”
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Will this be carried by mindfx
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Will this be carried by mindfx

I’m going to assume yes since MindFX carries virtually everything he puts out including DiD2 when that was available.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
200 Pounds for a bottle?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, pegasus wrote:
200 Pounds for a bottle?

No. 200£ for an EMPTY bottle.

Hehe

Madison Hagler
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Happy to report that MindFX will be carrying these and the pre-order facility will go up on the site later tonight. After discussing this project in depth with Pete a while back I offered to help fund this project by placing an advanced order and Pete very kindly offered to keep this as an exclusive to MindFX and himself in return.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, celebrity wrote:
Happy to report that MindFX will be carrying these and the pre-order facility will go up on the site later tonight. After discussing this project in depth with Pete a while back I offered to help fund this project by placing an advanced order and Pete very kindly offered to keep this as an exclusive to MindFX and himself in return.

Best Wishes Michael

Beautiful! Wasn’t sure if you were going to carry this so I paid Peter directly, otherwise I would’ve ordered from your site Michael. Cheers!

Here’s also the trailer for this project folks:

https://youtu.be/nsXmnQozAak

Quote:
200 Pounds for a bottle?

The USB drive is basically built into the cork that tops the little bottle. Peter posted photos of it on his FB, it’s really slick looking.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Any descriptions of a few of the routines?

Thanks
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
Any descriptions of a few of the routines?

Thanks

Nope.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Kissdadookie - That is no problem at all, it is the same price from Pete or MindFX so all is good Smile

The product has now been added as a pre-order on the site for those who are interested!

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new......r-turner

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
200 Pounds for a bottle?

No, £200 for a limited release of updated material from his last limited release which will never be available again until he dreams up a new gimmicky format to flog the next lot of updates.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Yup, Ed, I like your thinking- a decent years income from a modest monetary investment that requires very little working time from Pete (wait a minute- I'm wrong- this was years in the making!), on a product that most buyers will get almost no use out of because they just follow along like mindless zombies.

And you and I will get slammed from the usual suspects for saying things like this.

Ain't magic amazing?
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Folk just trying to enjoy themselves and sharing their excitement.

Some people just have to come and tell'em "No! You can't enjoy yourself because I say so!"

Don't like it, don't buy it
Reader discretion is advised.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:
Yup, Ed, I like your thinking- a decent years income from a modest monetary investment that requires very little working time from Pete (wait a minute- I'm wrong- this was years in the making!), on a product that most buyers will get almost no use out of because they just follow along like mindless zombies.

And you and I will get slammed from the usual suspects for saying things like this.

Ain't magic amazing?

You and pegasus are hardly the voice of reason...often you guys comment on things you don't own or guess at and get completely wrong... But if you want to label yourselves as the voice of reason, we'll, enjoy the delusion...
I've asked to be banned
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Quote:
200 Pounds for a bottle?

No, £200 for a limited release of updated material from his last limited release which will never be available again until he dreams up a new gimmicky format to flog the next lot of updates.

Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, Jack Straw wrote:

Ain't magic amazing?

So a few things. The material for the most part from Bigger Fish and Bigger Fish 2 had indeed not been released since. The material from the first Devil in Disguise was also not rehashed in Devil in Disguise 2. Isabella Star 3 was an almost entirely new method to Isabella's Star and also, Isabella's Star 2 actually contained the first Isabella's Star in it's entirety so that owners of IS2 were able to learn the routine from it's roots. His Portugal Notes was also more or less not released again material-wise. What he put out in Jinxed was pretty much contained exclusively to that release. What he released in Escalators is also not a rehash of his previous work.

Yes, certain principles are used throughout his work but if one was to fault him for that then we might as well make a claim that A Piece of My Mind (great book) from Michael Murray must only contain CUPS and that anything that utilizes CUPS since must certainly just be a cash grab off the back of A Piece of My Mind.

Additionally, the material on his recent video releases, one can CLEARLY tell that a lot of ACTUAL time was spent putting the material together and filming the material. The run time of Devil in Disguise 2 is actually the equivalent of what would be on several DVD's not to mention the material is phenomenal (a lot of ideas were further developed and refined from his PDF master class series, that series even though they were tremendous value for the material, you can tell that a lot of the material were WIP and most likely why he released them in somewhat unfinished/still working it through form via PDFs, that's not to say that the PDF master class series was a unfinished material cash grab but that series IMHO is very much like Peter compiling material from his personal notebooks rather than worker material that has been done as is hundreds of times in professional gig situations, the ideas and principles work but you can see in DiD2 that Peter took these ideas and fleshed them out to the point where they were prime time real world paid engagement ready). Escalators was a tremendous release as well and you can tell that a ton of time had been put into filming the material and editing, etc. Escalators is also not a limited release, DiD2 unfortunately is sold out and has been for awhile ASFAIK.

So honestly, not trying to be argumentative with you two (Ed and Jack), I really don't see how his releases are cash grabs with pie in the sky material that is somehow just rehashed material. There's a reason I didn't get Fraser's newer books yet, because much of the material in them seems like he was iterating on previously released material (and they are expensive as well) but I continue to pick up Peter's releases.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Iain, yes, you are correct, I am commenting on something that I do not own.

Isn't that exactly what this section of The Café is for?

Isn't this section for speculation about the "obvious hyperbole" surrounding many of the upcoming products that are released into magicdom (please read the blurb underneath the "Latest and Greatest" headline on the home page. "Obvious hyperbole", not "possible hyperbole". For those of you that do not know, the definition of hyperbole is "exaggerated statements or claims not to be taken literally".)?

I am basing my comments on things that I have seen happen here before.

I'm allowed to do that.

And I will never own it- the cost is too rich for my blood.

If you're one of the lucky 200 (and unlike Kissdadookie, you're not actually saying that you are), more power to you.

People who produce and sell magic here (and that's you) are far different than those of us who only buy the stuff.

To you, every release is fantastic and a breakthrough to the art.

To you, certain people are Gods (like Pete Turner), and cannot be questioned or disrespected; and questioning IS disrespecting.

I don't worship any of those Gods.

Kissdadookie, no problem with your opinions at all.

You will soon actually own it, and then you can tell us if it was worth it.

I often buy DVD's with several different effects on it, and if I use one of them, to me it was worth it.

But I usually come up empty on that count, so then it's not worth it.

And when that happens, I take note of the person that wasted my time and money, and I'll never buy from them again, although I'll usually give them two chances before that happens.

I have a long list.

Also, $40 is the cost that I can afford that will allow me to buy something without blinking an eye.

$250, like this gem?

No way.

I think that at least 90% of all of the magic and mentalism that is released and touted here is garbage.

So I need to find that good 10%, not the 90%.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're entitled to yours.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Maybe praise that 10% that you actually own then rather than constantly put stuff down... Isn't that a bit more useful rather than "down with this kinda thing"...

It's just draining... What a waste of time to read an opinion on something that isn't owned and never will be regardless of actual content...
I've asked to be banned
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Well, let me see, Iain- 42 pages over 5 months on the "T-Classic Watch" before the first one was received by a paying customer and then the topic was locked (and I read every one of those pages, even though I did not order one! And I don't believe that I contributed to the post count at all!).

10 pages on "Balance" before it actually shipped today, with 3 comments from me, although they concerned the fact that there was already one up for sale on The Café before it officially came out; but none that criticized the product itself.

God knows how many pages written about "Cubism Maestro" (Because 3 of those topics were totally wiped off of the face of the Earth by the moderators, although there is a current 7 page one going on right now, and another one about Dave Forrest himself.), but in these cases, yes I have contributed to the post count, and that's because I've had personal dealings with Dave myself.

And not one of those pages had a positive comment on the product itself, because the product is missing in action!

It seems like this draining stuff happens all the time here.

I feel that it is my purpose here to warn people about certain things.

Any time Nefesch has a product he is trying to sell here, I will come on and remind people about "Hug", because he stole my money on that one.

And he really did steal it, but I won't go into details because I don't want to bore you.

Unless you really want me to.........

If that bothers you, all you have to do is, whenever you see my name attached to a post, skip over it!

I do that with various people here.

It's actually quite easy to do.

And I do post positive things here, but I guess that you've missed those.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bigger Fish Files (73 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL