The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Bigger Fish Files (73 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of 808
Regarding the star sign revelations - stopping the busy woman on the street, and then the group of girls.

Where is the explanation video for these? I been through them all?????

Thanks
sometimes people can surprise you!
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
911 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2019, 808 wrote:
Regarding the star sign revelations - stopping the busy woman on the street, and then the group of girls.

Where is the explanation video for these? I been through them all?????

Thanks

Pmíd you
Reader discretion is advised.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1324 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2019, John Arcanum wrote:
My copy has been lost at the post office. Going back today for the third time this week to make them search yet again. This is beyond frustrating.

Hello - email me and we will work something out Smile

Pete x
John Arcanum
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of John Arcanum
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2019, Peter_turner wrote:

Hello - email me and we will work something out Smile

Pete x

Thank you for reaching out Pete I really appreciate it.

I did send you an email the other day about a concern I had and Michael has contacted me as well to let me know it's not a problem.

Now it looks like the post office just shipped it back to Michael by accident and my bottle is making a round trip. USPS and royal mail are saying it's in 2 different places.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
After fully digesting the information and having time to perform some (not all of the material) I promised Iíd come back and make a review of my findings. First let me start by setting an understanding of where I am approaching this from. I had given up hope in Turnerís material a couple of years back stopping reading and watching it because I honestly thought for the most part it was fluff and hyperbole. I saw Peter performing (maybe a year ago or so) at a convention to a group of lay people and implementing some of the methods I had previously wrote off and watching him perform them live gave me confidence in some of the material I have overlooked. I purchased the last year of Turnerís material and saw him do a set at the minds convention (jam event they host on the Saturday) last year (he was attending as a guest) and had been on the sauce all day and was still hands down the best act there in terms of slickness and impressiveness of material. This hurt my ego because Iím older and have been in this game longer than most and letís be honest itís hard to admit we are wrong when we have been so *** sure we were right. Though I still think some of his older material to be unnecessarily bold for the sake of it. But now Iím digressing. I approached this set with no opinion either way - Admittedly I was not looking forward to seeing a product packed with prop-less material thereís far too of that being released today. The package was late - by 4 weeks, I got ready to request a refund and only held out because of the people who got a look behind the scenes singing itís praises. Iíve stated that I wasnít a fan of the customer service and this sent up red flags for me about this project - It was hard not to. The package came shortly after and looked the part, the quality of the bottles / product was great. I admit I was impressed with the idea of using bottles and thought if anything from a marketing perspective it was clever. I much preferred it to a dvd. Itís small and I can carry it anywhere. I inserted the drive and was met with a pdf that led me to a site that contained a form I had to fill out to access the material. After receiving my password I logged in and this is where the review of the material starts.

I sat and watched the intro to the project and Turner promises an hour long television episode. I sat dubious but willing to see and the opening credits begin and I was astounded at the quality! Woah - In terms of the production quality this is a new standard. I smiled to myself at how far we had come since the early L&L days - we now have magic/ mentalism projects that you would expect to see on Netflix or tv and the concept of that alone is enough to make this project worthy of a higher price tag. The set opens with Turner projecting an image into our minds at home and claiming that later in the show he will get a tattoo of the design we are thinking of later - Ok this should be interesting after this thereís an hour long special of Turner doing a series of effects from hypnotically stealing, over the phone mentalism, Esp experiments, selling to sales men and everything else inbetween. If Iíd seen it as a television special (on tv) it would be up there with the best. His performances are slick, masterful but more importantly quick and to the point. This is always a worry Iíve had reading his material it seems long winded (reading off the page) but seeing it there visually I wanted more. Iíve never written any of my creations up but gave me an insightful understanding into the differences in translation from platform to platform. It comes to an end with Turner getting a tattoo - It was the design id created earlier!?! The tv episode constantly broke the barrier between the screen and audience at home - constantly having glints of letting the audience at home guess things the onscreen participants are thinking of. This was clever.

Then each effect was broken down, and a multitude of effects from the same area was shared. Often talked about in a jam session with his peers. Michael Murray shares an interesting star sign divination which had the essence of something Turner had shared on Did2 but was great to see it utilised this way. Seeing how differently each of the ideas were from where they begin were interesting. My favourite part of the whole set was the detail on how to construct a stage show. This set is packed with far too much to go into depth on all of it. Iíve performed a number of the effects and each got great reactions. The material is practical, solid and the prop-less material shared actually has real world value (which I never thought Iíd say). Turner has grown as a creator and performer and although itís taken a couple of years heís won me over. Bad points? Customer service, I donít like tattoos on hands and faces (personal preference) thereís some swearing in the jam sessions and in the jam sessions they were are having a whisky and drinks (again might not put some off but didnít seem very professional) in their defence no one was drunk/ slurring and the material was impressive so it didnít effect the material. Iím just old school. Solid 9 out of 10 from me - Would have been ten but ďWish you were hereĒ explanations still appear to be missing.

I hope it gets added soon.

David.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3868 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
After fully digesting the information and having time to perform some (not all of the material) I promised Iíd come back and make a review of my findings. First let me start by setting an understanding of where I am approaching this from. I had given up hope in Turnerís material a couple of years back stopping reading and watching it because I honestly thought for the most part it was fluff and hyperbole. I saw Peter performing (maybe a year ago or so) at a convention to a group of lay people and implementing some of the methods I had previously wrote off and watching him perform them live gave me confidence in some of the material I have overlooked. I purchased the last year of Turnerís material and saw him do a set at the minds convention (jam event they host on the Saturday) last year (he was attending as a guest) and had been on the sauce all day and was still hands down the best act there in terms of slickness and impressiveness of material. This hurt my ego because Iím older and have been in this game longer than most and letís be honest itís hard to admit we are wrong when we have been so *** sure we were right. Though I still think some of his older material to be unnecessarily bold for the sake of it. But now Iím digressing. I approached this set with no opinion either way - Admittedly I was not looking forward to seeing a product packed with prop-less material thereís far too of that being released today. The package was late - by 4 weeks, I got ready to request a refund and only held out because of the people who got a look behind the scenes singing itís praises. Iíve stated that I wasnít a fan of the customer service and this sent up red flags for me about this project - It was hard not to. The package came shortly after and looked the part, the quality of the bottles / product was great. I admit I was impressed with the idea of using bottles and thought if anything from a marketing perspective it was clever. I much preferred it to a dvd. Itís small and I can carry it anywhere. I inserted the drive and was met with a pdf that led me to a site that contained a form I had to fill out to access the material. After receiving my password I logged in and this is where the review of the material starts.

I sat and watched the intro to the project and Turner promises an hour long television episode. I sat dubious but willing to see and the opening credits begin and I was astounded at the quality! Woah - In terms of the production quality this is a new standard. I smiled to myself at how far we had come since the early L&L days - we now have magic/ mentalism projects that you would expect to see on Netflix or tv and the concept of that alone is enough to make this project worthy of a higher price tag. The set opens with Turner projecting an image into our minds at home and claiming that later in the show he will get a tattoo of the design we are thinking of later - Ok this should be interesting after this thereís an hour long special of Turner doing a series of effects from hypnotically stealing, over the phone mentalism, Esp experiments, selling to sales men and everything else inbetween. If Iíd seen it as a television special (on tv) it would be up there with the best. His performances are slick, masterful but more importantly quick and to the point. This is always a worry Iíve had reading his material it seems long winded (reading off the page) but seeing it there visually I wanted more. Iíve never written any of my creations up but gave me an insightful understanding into the differences in translation from platform to platform. It comes to an end with Turner getting a tattoo - It was the design id created earlier!?! The tv episode constantly broke the barrier between the screen and audience at home - constantly having glints of letting the audience at home guess things the onscreen participants are thinking of. This was clever.

Then each effect was broken down, and a multitude of effects from the same area was shared. Often talked about in a jam session with his peers. Michael Murray shares an interesting star sign divination which had the essence of something Turner had shared on Did2 but was great to see it utilised this way. Seeing how differently each of the ideas were from where they begin were interesting. My favourite part of the whole set was the detail on how to construct a stage show. This set is packed with far too much to go into depth on all of it. Iíve performed a number of the effects and each got great reactions. The material is practical, solid and the prop-less material shared actually has real world value (which I never thought Iíd say). Turner has grown as a creator and performer and although itís taken a couple of years heís won me over. Bad points? Customer service, I donít like tattoos on hands and faces (personal preference) thereís some swearing in the jam sessions and in the jam sessions they were are having a whisky and drinks (again might not put some off but didnít seem very professional) in their defence no one was drunk/ slurring and the material was impressive so it didnít effect the material. Iím just old school. Solid 9 out of 10 from me - Would have been ten but ďWish you were hereĒ explanations still appear to be missing.

David.

I think Peter was waiting for the convention that recently happened first to record (may be a re-recording, not sure if he already had a explanation shot and just wanted to do a better one) the explanation for Wish You Were Here (this routine has been taught in various other releases of his, but what he presented to the sales people, that's a new presentation and may have updated handling, so I'm with you as I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation for that).
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

David.

Well put, and agree Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
TheDBK
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TheDBK
So is this a video project of just some parts of the Bigger Fish books or does it contain ALL the routines from the Bigger Fish books?
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, TheDBK wrote:
So is this a video project of just some parts of the Bigger Fish books or does it contain ALL the routines from the Bigger Fish books?

Itís hard to answer - there are so many routines/ ideas on this project all with new presentations and methods itís taken me over a month to watch it all. The best way to describe it is like a huge crash course in mentalism. A lot of the material I had not read or seen. I think there was over 150 videos - or something ridiculous like that. Someone may be able to answer better than me but itís safe to say this amount of material I donít think could fit in those two books alone.

David.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
739 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Currently 151 videos listed, anywhere from a couple minutes to 30 minutes in length each. Havenít digested it all by a long shot.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3868 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, TheDBK wrote:

This is NOT a video version of the Bigger Fish books. This is a stand alone project that contains mostly new material and significantly retooled handlings for ideas first introduced in the books. It's a continuation of what was started with the books but it's really a stand alone product with material that are practical and covers the gamut.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Canít imagine you not being happy with this one.

-Theodore Annemann
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1324 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Thanks for the long in depth review, everything youíve said is fair Smile This project was close to my heart and really pushed me creatively Iíve learnt a lot in the process and will continue to grow as a performer and creator. I would however like to address a couple of things -

1) The delay on the package, postage and customer service. The delay on this was simply due to adding more material - BUT I agree not having a platform to inform purchasers is not good. The postage this time was more seemless, less people waiting BUT again weíve looked at this (which I will address in a moment) and finally correspondence - has been poor - THE GOOD NEWS?

We have taken care of this problem! The 13 souls (my production company) is due to launch a site listing all new products, news, other creators releases and maybe an online magazine to its customers! We have constructed a mailing list - So people will know where they stand and we finally have tech support!!! Which means there are a group of us dealing with correspondence and even better than that Iíve bought new apartments/ offices to film and finally hired a P.A to take care of orders and postage! I apologise for my struggle but was taking on too much as one person. This is all solved! Updates on this to follow. I listen to what you guys say Smile

2) Drinking in the jam sessions, I wanted to capture a fly on the wall honest feel of what happens and this is it! We meet socially and jam - we were mindful the cameras were there but we just acted as though we normally would - secret underground meetings, a few drinks usually followed by a curry. As you mentioned none of us get drunk Smile so I hope it didnít put anyone else off but I really feel had we not of acted under normal circumstances it would have been contrived and the material would suffer.

Thanks to everyone that has supported me and I really hope you can see we are aiming to go above and beyond.

Pete x
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Good stuff Pete Smile

-Theodore Annemann
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3442 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
To be fair I have been drunk on some of our jam sessions. I often do my best thinking at 4am whilst enebriated.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
If you guys keep kicking out projects like this, you can do lines off of strippers ***es for all Iíd care lol

As a matter of fact, make that an official request for the future Smile

-Theodore Annemann
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3868 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, 252life wrote:
If you guys keep kicking out projects like this, you can do lines off of strippers ***es for all Iíd care lol

I kind of wish projects don't get kicked out at a machine gun pace though... I have only so much in funds and also only so much in actual time. LoL.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, 252life wrote:

I kind of wish projects don't get kicked out at a machine gun pace though... I have only so much in funds and also only so much in actual time. LoL.

Lol great point and true.

-Theodore Annemann
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
But for the expensive price you paid for it, is there something that you would consider New or an impressive piece of mentalism , never revealed before, that any one would consider adding to his show?

Regards
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:
But for the expensive price you paid for it, is there something that you would consider New or an impressive piece of mentalism , never revealed before, that any one would consider adding to his show?

Regards

For something of this size, the product price is not high - If you were to compare it to an average priced dvd (30 - 50 gbp) containing 5 effects (again Iím averaging. Some DVDs are 20+Gbp for one effect) this set contains a way to create your own effects, create your own stage show (full breakdown), create your own character and then an amount of effects that I couldnít even wager a guess at. On top of that thereís effects shared by Michael Murray. This is limited, so that also has to be taken into account. In terms of price of the project, size of the project and the quality of the material this is very, very good value. To answer your question (which is a difficult question to answer) as everyoneís answer will be different, I have added Jedi mind choke, Silence, Try (I think itís called), match up by Humphreyís / carver (with Polaroid photos - Instead of symbols), I have used one of the card things (I canít remember the name) but itís quick easy and the opening force on the set (again I canít remember the name). If anything on the set I was overwhelmed with what to choose from and Iím still to test other effects on the project before making decisions. It took me over a month to get through the material (the first pass) and that was not note taking. If you are looking at this set for the material alone then, you are really not purchasing the set for itís true value, itís all the tips littered throughout, the subtleties and experiences that are shared in the jam sessions (when the artists are talking to each other) and how everything is so strategically thought out that makes this a valuable set. Are there effects on the set I wonít use? Of course, not because they are not practical though (and I never thought Iíd ever say this about Turner) all the effects are accessible, not too bold, not steeped in layers of dual reality, not long winded and not process driven but because they donít suit my character. I (in the past) thought Turner didnít really think through some of the things he was sharing and doing and watching the breakdown of the episode/ how to create a stage show really allows Turner to shine and some of the things I didnít appreciate I understand now and I think this project allows him to be him and it cuts through like a knife and shows a side of him Iíve certainly never seen.

Whilst on the subject, I was talking to a friend who hates Turner (many a times we had in the past sat and talked at length about how much fluff Turner talks/ produces and how the only admirable thing heíd ever done was being able to capture peoples attention and thatís before getting started on the s*it shower of prop-less mentalism he inspired and influenced) and asked my friend to sit and watch the tv episode with me - normally we would sit watching (anything really) pointing out what we liked/ didnít like and after the first couple of performances he said ďHeís become an incredible performerĒ and by the time the middle break had come around he had placed an order through Mind Fx. I donít hide the fact I hate Turnerís appearance, tattoos on the neck, hands and face are off putting for me, that coupled with his earlier releases was enough to keep me away for a long while and now admittedly Iím going back over what I did purchase a long while ago looking at it in a new light and even some (not all of it) is cleverly thought out. Just as a quick FYI me and my friend came to conclusion that it was Turnerís age and the want to impress that held him back - Heís grown up now and it seems he has stopped being that annoying kid that is running around saying ďlook at me, look at meĒ and now is just riding in his own lane. Sorry for going on and on, once Iíd started I couldnít stop.

David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Bigger Fish Files (73 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL