We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Photo of Elmer Biddle? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deanpickles
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
In my personal journal of favorite effects, I add photos of the creators -- so I can picture them while practicing the effect -- but realized I don't have any photos of Elmer Biddle, and can't find any online. Are there any? It seems strange that a Los Angeles card man would have escaped having his photo taken (and posthumously posted)...
corycar
View Profile
New user
Corona California
2 Posts

Profile of corycar
HELLO!!!!

I am ELmer Biddles nephew! I just found this forum by accident.

NOT ONLY do I have a photo(s) of ELmer - but I have one that was taken IN his magic shop - circa 1920ish!!!!

I DO have to find it in my storage area - obviously it's been years. I loved my Uncle - he was always so kind and showed me many tricks when I was young. Somehwere I have all his Dai Vernon and other famed magician books from the 30's 40's and 50's.

In his older years, he was a shy man who didn't go out much at all - he lived with his sister (my grandmother, fathers side) up until he passed..

As soon as I find the photo, I'll scan it in and post it for you! - Cory Vincent
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
Oh my gosh -- that's incredible! I'd LOVE to see that picture, and any others that you have. (For some reason, he's one of the great magicians of the 20th century, and yet I couldn't find a single photo! I use his techniques regularly! I guess we all do...)

It'd be worth posting an introduction to the general list. I bet others would love to hear some stories too!

Thanks, Cory!!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2020, corycar wrote:

I am ELmer Biddle's nephew! I just found this forum by accident.

NOT ONLY do I have a photo(s) of ELmer - but I have one that was taken IN his magic shop - circa 1920ish!!!!

I DO have to find it in my storage area - obviously it's been years. I loved my Uncle - he was always so kind and showed me many tricks when I was young. Somewhere I have all his Dai Vernon and other famed magician books from the 30's 40's and 50's.

- Cory Vincent

Hi, Cory,

Please consider making high-resolution scans of any photos or other material related to your uncle, Elmer Biddle (letters to or from other magicians, etc.) and donate the scans to the Magic Castle Library http://www.magiccastle.com/library/ and the Conjuring Arts Center https://conjuringarts.org/ so that his history can be preserved. Or if you don't have the time or inclination to do that , perhaps you could work out an arrangement where you temporarily loan any material related to Elmer Biddle's magical life to one of those organizations and they could make the scans and then return the material to you.
corycar
View Profile
New user
Corona California
2 Posts

Profile of corycar
I ABSOLUTELY have the inclination to do so!

As soon as I can get said items - I will be sure and do as instructed above - probably sometime this summer.

Take Care!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Photo of Elmer Biddle? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL