The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Affordable reel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Can anyone point me to an affordable reel. Just to do silk thru stand
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
Try searching for Keybak. You will have to modify it, though. I got me of these about a month ago, but haven't had time to play with it yet.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN

Would this device be good for silk through microphone stand that type of penetration is it quick enough and of course quite enough
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Twocan, I am sorry to inform you that speed of the reel has very little to do with this effect. It the performer's ability to handle the 24 inch silk, and his timing of the effect. It is not a self working effect, you have to learn to do it properly.

You ask for a magician's reel, and that is what I referenced. As one that has performed this effect hundreds of times, this is the type of reel I use. For a reel to accomplish this effect, only under the reels power, the size of the reel would have to be three or four inches in diameter and much thicker.

If you decide this effect is worth your time and attention, as I see you are a proud father, then you should also get the proper instruction. I suggest you purchase and download Paul Diamond's Reel Magic Lecture video Number 1, from llepub dot com.

If you get it now there is a very good saving offered. He will tell you everything you need to know on how to present the scarf through microphone effect, and some other wonderful effects you can do as well.

https://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=p......nqege555
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Perhaps this will do.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That would be $34.28 + Tax $36.90 = $71.18 + postage, hardly what is considered affordable here in the U.S. Of course that depends on a person's income, and what they consider affordable.

Nice looking product though.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
The price fluctuates with the exchange rate, but as of today, the PropDog reel will cost you $38.77 + $3.08 postage, for a total of $41.85.

UK residents pay a vat tax of 20%, which in this case would be $7.75.
For US residents there is no tax.

Confusion can arise when the PropDog website says "Ex Tax (for non EU customers): $36.90"

That does not mean that non EU customers pay a tax of $36.90 (!)
It means that non EU customers are exempt from the vat tax, and that $36.90 is their cost for the item.

Whether or not $41.85 is an affordable price is of course up to the individual.
uncx
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of uncx
I've been using the El Duco ( Swedish Reel) from Michael Ammar for several years. $150 ain't cheap, but I've been inside it. I wouldn't make one for twice that!

For be, the big secret of the scarf thru mike stand is to move it away from the stand a split second before you let go. That extra looseness makes all the difference in the world!

It is a dynamite trick you can carry around in your pocket!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The El Duco reel is not longer available, or made for El Duco or his family that operates the website.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I finally purchased the PropDog Reel. I'm glad I purchased it and I will likely be purchasing another one as a spare. (with this kind of handy utility item you never know when it will suddenly be unavailable). At the current rate of exchange from Pounds to Dollars mine cost $41.43 , which included the standard rate airmail shipping (it arrived from the U.K. to me on the east coast of the U.S.A. in 7 business days , 3 of those days spent lingering in a customs clearance office in New York... if you're in a hurry you can pay more for expedited shipping).

As noted in other reviews, there is no brake or lock , but a reviewer on the PropDog site made a good point:

"Good line quality and length. And in the words of Paul Diamond (a master of the reel) - "it doesn't have any of that garbage on it".
Just finger palm it and use your fingers as the brake, nothing is as accurate as your fingers."

I haven't had much time to spend working with it yet , but I think it's reasonably quiet and feels well made (like any reel, don't extend it and let it snap back without something -- such as a silk scarf -- attached to it. ). Propdog's video seems to suggest this is usable for close-up work, but I'm not sure it's that quiet ... I won't be using it close-up, so that's not an issue for me. But depending on the venue (a noisy bar or restaurant) you could probably use it close to spectators with no problem. But in a quiet room , close up , I'm not so sure. It comes in a nice box. No instructions beyond some basic maintenance notes , because they assume you know what you're buying and what you're going to use it for. The video on PropDog's website is informative. If you're new to this kind of device get Paul Diamond's video lecture and/or the classic book Reel Magic by Albenice. There's also a good book called "Reelistic Magic" by Lewis Ganson, which covers a lot of the same ground as Reel Magic by Albenice .

Read the full description and look at the videos posted on PropDog's website. That's what you're getting and they stand behind their product with a full money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with the product.

https://www.propdog.co.uk/Reel-Revolution-Propdog
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Affordable reel (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL