The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double Blank Cards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of marcjh
I hope I am not repeating a question, but here is my query.

I am looking for double blank cards. I know where to buy poker sized double blank cards, but was wondering if any of you have any experience with finding other sized cards like bridge sized or miniature sized.

For my purposes, I need playing card like paper as I find it easier to handle, spread, shuffle etc. compared to index cards or other paste boards. In addition I find double blank playing cards to be opaque whereas writing on other materials can bleed though to the other side.

I bought some double blank cards from Amazon (Apostrophe Games Blank Playing Cards (Bridge Size, Aqueous Finish) These were good, but seem a little flimsier than US Playing cards and not air cushion finished.
I bought some other cards from Amazon (Supla 140 Pcs Business Cards Paper Blank - 3.2" X 2" (L X W). These were more like cardboard and do not shuffle of spread well. The cards are not completely opaque and writing on one side can be seen though based on lighting conditions.
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
You could go to your nearest printer and let you show what they have on cardboard.
Here you find lots of different finishes and in different thickness, they can also order what you need.
And for a little money they cut to the right size and by need round the corners also.
Or you do the cutting and corner rounding for yourself.
Here are some corner rounders around, search the Café.

And soon you have a lifetime supply for your needs.

Ray
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of marcjh
I thank you for the reply RG, but this is not helpful.

I have gone to a number of printers and they can not definitively tell me the best paper stock, thickness, or finish that would best work.

I am hoping some members of the café have had experience with this so I (or anyone else) do not have to waste time and time on reinvent the wheel, as they say.
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
What about buying a deck of Bicycle Double Blank cards and cut them?
With rather unexpensive equipment you can cut them and even re-do the round corners.
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
On Lybrary.com you find blank Playing Card Cardboard in two different sorts and in many different amounts.

Look under Topic -> Magic -> DIY, Makers & Builders.

You cut it to the right size and round the corners or let somebody do that for you.

I hope it helps.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double Blank Cards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL