The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Best place and way to post "How To" video instructions?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FrankBenning
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of FrankBenning
Not sure where to post this...hope this is the right place??

I have a few effects I've invented and would like to market but not sure the best way to do it so that I can have "how to videos".

These would have several very detailed (video) instructions and I'm thinking a site like "Vimeo" would work where the people that buy the effect could be sent a password (along with the gimmicks) so they could just click on the videos of how everything is done, it'd be like a DVD with a menu but a lot cheaper and still be very easy for everybody to navigate. Not sure if YouTube has a "password only" section or maybe someone knows of any other sites that have this "password" video feature.

Any help here would be very appreciated!!
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
YouTube doesn't have a 'password section' to my knowledge but you could also send your clients the link of an unlisted YouTube video. The video would not show up in the YouTube search bar. Only viewers with the links could access this video. The only problem I could see is that your clients could share the video links with people who have not paid for the effect...

-A Magic Café User
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
A lot of lecturers use vimeo in exactly the manner you described. For example, recently I received several of John Carey's items that way. It works great.

Others just provide a temporary download link to a virtual drive, e.g. google drive, drop box, amazon drive. This works but you must prepare buyer that they are responsible to download before it expires.
ezystreamlive
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of ezystreamlive
You may wish to look into vimeo

One of their pro accounts allows you to set

view this video only on XYZ website,

then using wordpress websites you can password protect the page (which is not a great solution because anyone with half a brain would share the password when sharing the link)

however wordpress do have membership plugins- where you join (pay for membership) and then get access to the content- plenty of free and paid for plugins

I use: a combination of wordpress, woocommerce (for payments) and https://woocommerce.com/products/sensei/

now when I bought sensai- I paid money for it- now it appears free but I suspect you have to pay money to get a extension to sell access to the videos. and looking over the woo site https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-paid-courses/ which is what I paid for sensai many years ago.

but that's how I run my magic lessons website on autopilot - set the videos via vimeo to only play on my site, hide them behind a membership wall. hook woocommerce up to paypal or stripe for lower transaction fees and set and forget- just remember to update when an update comes out (use a staging site for safe updates)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Best place and way to post "How To" video instructions?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL