The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
618 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Post Icon Posted: Oct 27, 2019 03:17 am Reply with Quote Report this post to forum moderator 'Like' this post There are no likes for this post.0
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
On page one of this thread there is a link to his sales site where it definitely says there will only be 1000 copies. Maybe the pre orders were so many he has changed that now, but my order number was over 900 in April so if there are still only 1000 copies there can’t be too many left?

I ordered it yesterday and my no. is 980.

On the 8th of january, they were 120 copy left....
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
Hope to receive it before Christmas Smile

"the limits of my language are the limits of my world " : so true
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
On 30th September the update was that the book was finally in the printing process... here we are a month later, no update on how the printing went and when shipping is likely to occur. I don't want a refund or anything like that, I just want an update on how the printing has gone and when they are likely to ship. I am fully expecting there to be an email soon saying there has been some form of malfunction with the printers, or the books haven't passed quality standards so they are going to throw them all away and start again etc, perhaps even another chapter added!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
Got an email from Helder.

Forget this year, maybe mid january to the US… and when to Europe ?

Seriously ?

It has been a long journey, dixit Helder… looks more like A Very Bad Trip.

and what to think of that :
"I promise that with future releases I will not forget this delay and compensate each one of you even further for your patience with it."

Why not compensate NOW ?

First thought : What a joke !

And with the new price : 150$ plus shipping, it would be a bigger benefit for Helder to have refunds. Sorry guys !

Have I been used like a sort of bait?

Difficult no to be paranoid, but above all disapointed

Time to have a walk to calm down

Need time to digest the thing.
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
On 30th September the update was that the book was finally in the printing process... here we are a month later, no update on how the printing went and when shipping is likely to occur. I don't want a refund or anything like that, I just want an update on how the printing has gone and when they are likely to ship. I am fully expecting there to be an email soon saying there has been some form of malfunction with the printers, or the books haven't passed quality standards so they are going to throw them all away and start again etc, perhaps even another chapter added!

Think you won the 'open prediction' award on this one. I'm just reading through the details in his email.
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Guys,

I've reread Helder's email a couple of times, and I have to say I'm okay with the explanation he's shared.

In my day job I work at a large company with some of the top experts in their fields, and have been involved in many projects big and small. And I can say that in EVERY project I have seen, there are always unforeseen delays and complications. I can forgive Helder that he's hit some of those as well, and recognize that he's really just one guy with probably a pretty limited 'staff' and budget behind him to help this process along. It feels like he just got a little over his head on some of this. Personally I bought this book on the strength of his past material, and also to some degree to support him as he continues to create and share his material. And I'm still in his corner now.

Hopefully he can hit the Jan date and we can move on to some more positive dialogue about the book.
zuicdr
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of zuicdr
I just send email for updating address, how can I know it has been changed successful or not ?
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2019, zuicdr wrote:
I just send email for updating address, how can I know it has been changed successful or not ?

I'd say give it 4 to 5 days and then follow up. My suspicion is he's probably receiving more feedback about the book this week than in the entire past year combined. So he might not have seen your note yet but will probably get back to you.
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Limited budget?! He's taken 1000 x $100 (or thereabouts)... that's not limited funds.

//Dan
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3860 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2019, Wordsworth wrote:
Guys,

I've reread Helder's email a couple of times, and I have to say I'm okay with the explanation he's shared.

In my day job I work at a large company with some of the top experts in their fields, and have been involved in many projects big and small. And I can say that in EVERY project I have seen, there are always unforeseen delays and complications. I can forgive Helder that he's hit some of those as well, and recognize that he's really just one guy with probably a pretty limited 'staff' and budget behind him to help this process along. It feels like he just got a little over his head on some of this. Personally I bought this book on the strength of his past material, and also to some degree to support him as he continues to create and share his material. And I'm still in his corner now.

Hopefully he can hit the Jan date and we can move on to some more positive dialogue about the book.

The big question is since this is a book, there’s literally no cost associated out of pocket until the time it goes to the printer, so why collect payment about a year in advance if you don’t have any idea when the book will get printed.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
124 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Meanwhile, in the “David Regal New Book: Interpreting Magic” thread...people are happily reporting receiving their copies in a timely manner and with David Regal himself checking in on the thread to respond personally to any questions that may arise. I was one of the buyers who took a chance when the presale window was momentarily opened for Interpreting Magic. The book is absolutely a delight to read and certainly a labor of love for the writer. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here, by those in question, on how to do the entire book selling process right...and how to do it well. Thanks Mr. Regal for your gift of magic and for a job well done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL