The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ekins
View Profile
Veteran user
Portland, Oregon
400 Posts

Profile of ekins
This is the way a seller should treat their customers. They publish an expected delivery date because people want to know when what they're buying will arrive. But for whatever reason, that date is delayed. All they need to do is what Helder has done here; communicate with his customers and be open about what happened. Adding the extra chapter and the PDF is also great customer service but I think just having open and honest communication is the best part. You can read many threads on here where customers are not treated in this way, so I have to say thank you to Helder for the way he does business and treats his customers.

-Brian
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
I agree. You have to give him marks for respecting his fans. People have handed over a chunk of their money for a product, sight unseen, based on blind trust in the artist. Too many of them take that relationship for granted, and don't show the customers any gratitude or respect. Really, people understand that delays can happen, and are generally okay to wait to get the best book that the author can deliver. Just this simple communication is all it takes to show people that he's still working on it, and knows we're all waiting eagerly.

This is the most I've looked forward to a book in a good long while. For my part, I want him to get it right, not get it out quickly to make a deadline.
DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
I wonder if those that just pre-ordered will get the pdf.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
262 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Ordered.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Daren
Any news on release date? Feels like the longest pre order ever?
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Waiting patiently. An update would be nice since it’s supposed to ship this month.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, Daren wrote:
Feels like the longest pre order ever?

History lesson:

Pre-orders in excess of $40,000 were taken by Todd Karr/Miracle Factory for Martin Gardner's Impromptu.

Karr didn't publish the book til nearly ten years had passed.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
534 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I actually feel bad because I was the one to post the news. I’m sorry.

Holder has been evidently busy with his recent theater Tango show extended run.

I hope (and actually believe) everything will turn out good for everyone

Good luck

PS: Helder owes me a free copy of the book, that’s for sure 😀
Have a nice day
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Busy or not, if I took the better part of 100K in advance for a book that was seemingly already written, I’d find the time to get it printed. Most of us that preordered are outside of the PayPal window to file a dispute, so we’re kind of on the hook short of taking legal action. I respect Helder and his work, but at this point frequent updates with full transparency should be the status quo. My two cents.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Daren
I did email them yesterday and had a reply where they resent their last update so looking to ship by late July? Let’s hope so it has been a long wait!
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

We’re quickly running out of days in July, and still no official update. You’d think we’d have a firm shipping date by now if they were actually going to ship.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hopefully not too much longer to wait but I agree it’s been 7-8 months since we pre ordered be good to get a date for shipment?
magic11ryan
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
I trust Helder - he has my respect on every product he put out before
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
54 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
He sent an email with additional bonuses for delay, which I thought was a nice touch Smile he’s fairly accessible on Instagram. And did state the end of July, this book will be completely worth the wait.

His material is rock solid!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Daren
End of September then
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
618 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I received a newsletter for his Show and answered and I asked information about the release of the book I did preorder, here is the answer I was given

« That is a question for Secret Language email, not here.
Update will be send by the end of the month.

Best,
Helder »

No question about the quality of his work, i’m a big fan !!! but first a releasing date that wasn’t respected and then this kind of answer, well he’s for sure one of the magicians I love but regarding the customer service, he has a lot to learn....you can’t give this kind of answer to someone who already paid you a product and who’s waiting....

What do you think ?
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
You have right...
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
He has sent an email out saying it will be the end of September. I don’t personally buy all the excuses and reasons for the delay, but not a lot can be done now. Just have to continue to wait until September now
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
End of septembre? Really .don't have a e mail anymore
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I did not get the email. Very weird!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL