The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, MorrisCH wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2020, Daren wrote:
In my opinion, the routine that I feel is worth the price of the book is 'Professional Hour' I have changed it ever so slightly to suit me, but killer effect!!!!

For me, Crossing the Mirror is a thing of beauty, with minor modification to fit my style this go straight into my working repertiore
every single sleight and routine explained in great details with a lot of Why, this book need to be read in between the line to get the most out of.
Along with Steve Forte’s book, this book marks the strong beginning of 2020

Yes Crossing the Mirror is fantastic also, I cant put the book down!!
nico360
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of nico360
I got the book yesterday (Belgium), and I got to be honest...I'm really really disappointed...
The quality is amazing, the pictures, the book, the cover is really beautiful, but the content...

God I'm so disappointed... just because... it's so *** good!!

I'm disappointed, because I went to Porto for his workshop, which was a lot of money (the workshop itself, the hotel, flight).
And it was one of my best magic experiences ever ! It was truly amazing, and I had some feeling of having experienced something exclusive.
Something now many people would experience.

And he just released the best routines in a book anybody can buy for much cheaper than the workshop...

So a little disappointment, but on a serious note... this is truly amazing.
Helder's thinking is out of this world. The routines and theory in this book are just spot on (in my opinion). Haven't read it completely tho.

If you're into card magic, with a theatrical note, you need to get this.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2020, nico360 wrote:
I got the book yesterday (Belgium), and I got to be honest...I'm really really disappointed...
The quality is amazing, the pictures, the book, the cover is really beautiful, but the content...

God I'm so disappointed... just because... it's so *** good!!

I'm disappointed, because I went to Porto for his workshop, which was a lot of money (the workshop itself, the hotel, flight).
And it was one of my best magic experiences ever ! It was truly amazing, and I had some feeling of having experienced something exclusive.
Something now many people would experience.

And he just released the best routines in a book anybody can buy for much cheaper than the workshop...

So a little disappointment, but on a serious note... this is truly amazing.
Helder's thinking is out of this world. The routines and theory in this book are just spot on (in my opinion). Haven't read it completely tho.

If you're into card magic, with a theatrical note, you need to get this.

Compare this with Ben Earl's Shift
although the same design style, at least 8 times thicker, much more content, and much much cheaper
This book is a steal, and I think surpass anything he ever published combined
The people who bought this book are in great treat.

I emailed him and he confirm that people who bought this book will be first to inform when second volume come out
don't know when would it be but I am thrill
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
This book is right up there as one of my favourites, the theory, the effects are outstanding, am in the process of studying 'The Professional' this is a 3-4 phase routine with a powerhouse finish that will blow your audience away! not sure any other card effect can follow this, but he uses this as an opener and that's just for starters, I love Invisible too!!!!
EvilClown
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, VA
128 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Is it still available to order? The website is blocked by a password requirement.
Drtriage
View Profile
Veteran user
My garden fence has
350 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2020, EvilClown wrote:
Is it still available to order? The website is blocked by a password requirement.

Yes, the password to enter will be known to card magicians who are of a level to appreciate this book
EvilClown
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, VA
128 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I didn’t even see the “clue”. Just thought it has been firewalled. All good.
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
Look at your hand
Wordsworth
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
I've barely scratched the surface with this one, and will be taking my time going through it, but I have to say it's looking even better than anticipated so far. I had no idea it would be such a monster, too. Now I know why it took so long to make it all the way to Canada, and I feel sorry for the guy who rowed it over. I could barely get the thing out of the mailbox.
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Everything is clear when you hold the book in your hands. The needed time is self explanatory than. It is an act of beauty in every aspect. Chapeau is all that I can say.
B2, Holo, Lucky Coin and more: www.gedankenkunst.com/Shop.html
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
636 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Nico, I understand you but I can attest that witnessing those effects life by Helder is pure gold and now yiu have complete details written, I only wish he did some performance videos to show timing, pace....hopefully in the next volume
shahin
View Profile
New user
Germany
89 Posts

Profile of shahin
Anyone in Europe still waiting for their book to arrive?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2020, shahin wrote:

Yup! Emailed them and they’ve told me there are several that haven’t arrived and they’re looking into it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
So glad I had paid for tracking! When you get it you will love it
Josef Huettner
View Profile
New user
Regensburg (Germany)
10 Posts

Profile of Josef Huettner
Quote:

Yes, I am still waiting for it to arrive in Germany.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Weird, I didn’t pay for tracking but looks like all the kiwi in New Zealand already received their books 5 days ago
Considering we are so isolated here...
dr.nick
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of dr.nick
Would any of you with book in hand, care to comment about the skill level with cards required for the routines in what appears to be a fabulous book.
I appreciate any response...thanks
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
565 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2020, dr.nick wrote:
Would any of you with book in hand, care to comment about the skill level with cards required for the routines in what appears to be a fabulous book.
I appreciate any response...thanks

I haven't read the whole book yet (it's HUGE) but I think that the required skill level is medium to advanced. (Even if there is at least one routine which is almost self working)
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
There are real gems inside. I fell in love with Midas Touch this afternoon...
B2, Holo, Lucky Coin and more: www.gedankenkunst.com/Shop.html
Josef Huettner
View Profile
New user
Regensburg (Germany)
10 Posts

Profile of Josef Huettner
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2020, Josef Huettner wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I am still waiting for it to arrive in Germany.

Last week I have finally received the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL