The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
One month for the printing? It s a great joke.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Daren
The last time I mssaged Helder, he told me to be patient! Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Gotta be careful when you write them. After having a conversation of what is unprofessional and what is not (promising multiple release dates and not hold on to them is unprofessional, gotta face the truth) I have been told that I can have a refund at any time. My answer was that I will think about it. Within a few minutes I got two emails, first one telling me that I have been refunded, the other telling me: "You don't need to think, we just sent you your refund." It went back and forth than, explaining that the unasked refund was a gesture, because at no time did they want to abuse my time and money. But at any time I want I can repurchase the book at the original price I paid. They have done that for a few people who reached them complaining about the delay.... I still don't see an unasked refund as a gesture, I don't want other people to think for me or tell me what or what not to think and I am really put off the way this situation was handled.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
I donít see why everyone is getting their panties in a twist. Heís producing the best book he can. Would you rather Helder just rushed out a rubbish product? I really donít get it. Heís offered you your money back. Take it if you think heís unprofessional. I personally think it is very professional to want to produce the best product possible for the people who are spending their hard earned money on it. If you have no patience take your money back and stop moaning to everyone.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
From everything I have seen and heard, their customer service has been disgraceful. Had it not been for the pre-orders, the book wouldn't even be able to print. Have some respect for the people who have put down a considerable sum of money for a book nearly 12 months ago that was supposedly already written. There is no need for their hostile or 'aggressive' responses. As a consumer we are entitled to ask questions about the product and for some ETA seeing as the customer service team are not very proactive in serving their customers.

I have a large collection of Magic books, as I know many others do. I have pre-ordered a book before, however considering the last update was it was AT the printers ready to go, I've never known a book take a month to 'print'. It feels we are being fed story after story to appease us. Just update us at each stage being honest and none of us would bat an eye lid!

Updates should be:
1.) The book has gone into print today, should take approximately 2 days to print and then will be bound and quality checked (lets be honest, we all know it doesn't take a month, especially as it is meant to be a limited number of books). If you have finally been given a slot for print then that is what gets printed. Not a few pages followed by another book getting printed before a few more can get printed.

2.) The book has completed printing and is ready to be bound. This will take approx 7-10 days

3.) The books have been bound and are now being quality checked. Pending this they will then be packaged ready for sending. This will take approx 5 days however will keep you updated.

You should want to engage and communicate with your customers. Without customers/buyers, businesses are nothing. Maybe I should start my own business offering customer service to specific pre-orders like this!!! If Helder or anyone from his team sees this, I'm sure they will be a little miffed, but its the truth about how we all feel and is VERY easy to solve, just communicate and don't get stroppy when we ask where the product we have paid for is when it's already technically 5-6 months delayed with false updates being sent out as we aren't stupid and know certain things don't take as long as they are.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
rodrigez
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rodrigez
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2019, stickmondoo wrote:
I donít see why everyone is getting their panties in a twist. Heís producing the best book he can. Would you rather Helder just rushed out a rubbish product? I really donít get it. Heís offered you your money back. Take it if you think heís unprofessional. I personally think it is very professional to want to produce the best product possible for the people who are spending their hard earned money on it. If you have no patience take your money back and stop moaning to everyone.

And you are able to speak for everyone? You are free to express your opinion, but don't tell other people what to do. Reread my post. I did not say he is unprofessional, I said it is unprofessional, meaning the business side. And it is every customers right to ask how things are going. If I want my money back than I would ask for it. So thanks for sharing your opinion too, but please stop telling other people what to do.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
ďItĒ is unprofessional? And that does not mean Helder and his team? What exactly does your ďitĒ refer too? A little group of pixies living in a deep dark hole in la la land. I speak for no one but myself. What I speaketh today is that I am happy with Helders customer service. Very happy. Everyone I have had dealings with on his team have been polite and courteous to me and dealt honestly with my concerns. I also say that I think yo all a bunch a whinging beaches Ł
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:

It's so easy then, I'm a trader, if I tell to my client to be patient and if I'm not on time, believe me, I would not have many customers. We just ask to be respected! If I did not like Helder, I would not have ordered the book. I am patience and I don't want my money back , just respected.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Honestly you all sound like a bunch of babies. I donít respect that. Sorry. I respect you as a person. I respect your right to be annoyed in this situation (I donít understand it). I do not respect your coming onto a public forum and whinging like a little baby because you didnít get what you want when you wanted it. Grow up. Heís doing the best he can. Respect that. Heís said you can have your money back. End of. Take it and stop moaning to me and all the other people who donít care you didnít get what you wanted for Christmas.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
Honestly you all sound like a bunch of babies. I donít respect that. Sorry. I respect you as a person. I respect your right to be annoyed in this situation (I donít understand it). I do not respect your coming onto a public forum and whinging like a little baby because you didnít get what you want when you wanted it. Grow up. Heís doing the best he can. Respect that. Heís said you can have your money back. End of. Take it and stop moaning to me and all the other people who donít care you didnít get what you wanted for Christmas.

who are you to tell me to grow up? we do not know each other ,right ! I can not do anything for you, you do not understand, it's your problem, not mine !
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
I am really sorry. I know I sound offensive, but I donít mean anything personal about you. Iím sure you are a lovely person. I just donít get all this. Donít see the problem with waiting patiently. If I wasnít happy with waiting, Helder would happily give me my money back and I would lbe happy happy happy to have my money money money. I would personally rather have Helders new book to read and if I have to wait till next June, so be it. Just donít understand all this Bleurgh... sorry. Iím not saying you are a whinging little baby. Just that thatís how all this sounds to me. I am sure you are very mature and apologise wholeheartedly if I have upset you.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
I am really sorry. I know I sound offensive, but I donít mean anything personal about you. Iím sure you are a lovely person. I just donít get all this. Donít see the problem with waiting patiently. If I wasnít happy with waiting, Helder would happily give me my money back and I would lbe happy happy happy to have my money money money. I would personally rather have Helders new book to read and if I have to wait till next June, so be it. Just donít understand all this Bleurgh... sorry. Iím not saying you are a whinging little baby. Just that thatís how all this sounds to me. I am sure you are very mature and apologise wholeheartedly if I have upset you.

thank you , your are gentleman ;-)
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Only at the weekends Ł
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3860 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:

Offering a refund after the product has been MASSIVELY delayed with one convenient reason after another as excuses for why it has been delayed for months does not address the problem that hey, customers money have been TIED UP by having pre-ordered the product in the first place. So a chunk of your money has been locked by this pre-order which has gotten delayed for months, you feel that it is wholly acceptable for you to come on here to argue on his behalf telling people to basically stop whining simply because he's offering a refund? A refund that comes months after which you were expecting to receive a product for which over a hundred dollars of ones money has effectively been unusable because it's been tied up to this pre-order nonsense?

Even if one took the refund, how do you account for ones money having been tied up in this for months and how do you explain the lost of leisure or productivity time from having to deal with the vendor over and over again in regards to hey, where the heck is this product that I FULLY PAID FOR months ago? It's not about patience, it's about having been provided with not a lot of information as to why the vendor has ones money for months with no product in sight.

Quote:

You don't respect others as a person or their rights to be annoyed since your post started off with calling every disgruntled customer babies. You are effectively gaslighting folks on behalf of Helder.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Iím not arguing on anyoneís behalf. I donít know Helder and have no contact with him other than his kind updates on how his book is coming along and when I can expect my copy. I am telling you that I pre ordered the book to make sure I got one of the very limited copies. Pre means pre. I ordered it with the full understanding that the product was not finished yet. I made that decision. If Helder having my money in advance has helped him to make the book even better than he first planned then I consider it an investment. Keep throwing your toys out of the pram if you want. Itís your life. Stop expecting other people to pick them back up again. Iím bored with how this thread is turning out. I for one am looking forward to receiving my copy of what should be a great book if past experience is anything to go by.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3860 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Iím not arguing on anyoneís behalf. I donít know Helder and have no contact with him other than his kind updates on how his book is coming along and when I can expect my copy. I am telling you that I pre ordered the book to make sure I got one of the very limited copies. Pre means pre. I ordered it with the full understanding that the product was not finished yet. I made that decision. If Helder having my money in advance has helped him to make the book even better than he first planned then I consider it an investment. Keep throwing your toys out of the pram if you want. Itís your life. Stop expecting other people to pick them back up again. Iím bored with how this thread is turning out. I for one am looking forward to receiving my copy of what should be a great book if past experience is anything to go by.

Again, you continue to gaslight. Blaming the consumers for the incompetence of the vendor. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, but you are n=1. With your n=1 you then go on the insult the majority of posters in this thread whom are not satisfied with the quality of customer service they have experienced with their purchase.

"If Helder having my money in advance has helped him to make the book even better than he first planned then I consider it an investment."

Those are your words and it's utter rubbish. It's a book we are talking about here. The book is either mostly finished and should be completed soon or it basically is nowhere near being acceptable as a book to be published and thus you are selling people on something that literally does not exist yet and actually taking their money for something that literally does not exist. The customers of this book are not publishing companies or producers of a piece of media. A film production company will pay money for just a idea because the finished product they are hoping will make them money. They buy the rights to the idea knowing that the finished product will be a product that THEY (the production company) will then SELL and thus make money on. People in this thread are CUSTOMERS of a FINISHED PRODUCT that DOES NOT EXIST YET. You are effectively expecting people to take on the role of producers and the fact that people are well aware that they are CUSTOMERS not PRODUCERS you then turn that around and attempt to insult and shame them for a lack of "patience" when the fact of the matter is that this has not much to do with the question of patience and has everything to do with atrocious customer service.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
You are talking to me as if I have something to do with this books production. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I am a customer too. I am very happy with my customer service. I am very happy to wait patiently. If you are not, thatís cool with me. I was just telling you how you all sound to me. Just being honest with you. The truth hurts sometimes. Canít believe how worked up you all are over this. Like I said before I just donít get it. Insult me all you like. Call me names (gaslight) and be rude. I donít care. By the sound of one of the posts above it seems like Helder is happy to refund you your money if you are unhappy. Just take the offer and get on with your life. Iím not trying to question your sanity. Iím just saying Iíve got better things to do than wet my pants about a book being late in production.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3860 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
You are talking to me as if I have something to do with this books production. I am in exactly the same boat as you. I am a customer too. I am very happy with my customer service. I am very happy to wait patiently. If you are not, thatís cool with me. I was just telling you how you all sound to me. Just being honest with you. The truth hurts sometimes. Canít believe how worked up you all are over this. Like I said before I just donít get it. Insult me all you like. Call me names (gaslight) and be rude. I donít care. By the sound of one of the posts above it seems like Helder is happy to refund you your money if you are unhappy. Just take the offer and get on with your life. Iím not trying to question your sanity. Iím just saying Iíve got better things to do than wet my pants about a book being late in production.

Gaslighting yet again. Nobody claimed that you had anything to do with the book production or know Helder personally. I've strictly made criticisms on what I'm observing in your posts. You're also using the refund as an excuse and as if this is some kind of grand gesture by Helder for having the incredibly frequent and long delays and apparently bad customer service. You're literally treating the refund option as if that is some sort of grand compensation for wasting the time of customers. A refund is not compensation. A refund should not be seen as a added feature to look forward to. A refund is for services or products which are not delivered in a adequate manner. It's the RIGHT of the customer to receive a refund. You're treating the subject as if the customers should be incredibly gracious that they are able to get a refund. The fact that you are insinuating such a thing effectively makes what you are doing demonstrably gaslighting. It's not a insult, I'm simply using the appropriate terms to describe exactly what you are doing.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Donít you understand how silly you sound. ďItís the RIGHT of the customer to receive a refundĒ. Exactly. Take the refund and get off my back.
Iím sorry if I offend you, but to be quite frank, you offend me. It seems to me you have 2 options.

1. Take your refund.

2. Wait for the book to be released then read it.

I choose option number 2. What you do is up to you. Peace.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3860 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Donít you understand how silly you sound. ďItís the RIGHT of the customer to receive a refundĒ. Exactly. Take the refund and get off my back.
Iím sorry if I offend you, but to be quite frank, you offend me. It seems to me you have 2 options.

1. Take your refund.

2. Wait for the book to be released then read it.

I choose option number 2. What you do is up to you. Peace.

LoL. There you go again, gaslighting. LOL.

Stop posting on here and you can avoid being called out on your nonsense then Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ New Helder Guimaraes Book - "Secret Language" - Pre-Order (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL