The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted for Prime Time Carey dvd set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3239 Posts

Profile of warren
As anyone purchased John Carey's latest dvd set Prime Time Carey and if so what are your thoughts ?
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
239 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Also interested in a review as well. I've bought a lot of John's stuff and liked it.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1837 Posts

Profile of Daren
This DVD contains some brilliant material, I already want to add 7-8 effects out of this set, very strong stuff
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3239 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, Daren wrote:
This DVD contains some brilliant material, I already want to add 7-8 effects out of this set, very strong stuff

Any chance you could expand on that please Daren ?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1395 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I haven't been able to find reviews of this either. There is one video review here, but it is in the German language.

In fact, besides our magical German friend on youtube, I can't seem to find any comments from anyone who has actually seen the "Prime Time" video. It would be great if someone could share something, or if we could get some quotes from reviews posted elsewhere.

A list of the contents is fairly readily available, as you probably know:

Disc 1
1. Y.A.F.T!
2. Subtle Prefiguration
3. It's a match
4. Mental Fusion
5. Impossible Do as I Do
6. Intuitive Reaction
7. Aces on Demand
8. Final Fusion

Disc 2
1. Propheticaan
2. When Maven Met Leech
3. Mysterious Ambition
4. Homage to Jennings
5. Vernon, Skinner, Marlo
6. The Trick That Always Works!
7. Slipstream Assembly
8. Aces On the Up and Up
Plus an interview with Peter Nardi

There's a video trailer in English, but that doesn't give a whole lot more information:

Here's the full ad copy:

Quote:
After the success of the essential John Carey DVDs last year, Alakazam Magic is delighted to present to you Prime Time Carey!

In this two-volume collection, Carey continues on from the previous project with his renowned, minimalistic and streamlined approach to commercial card magic. Seventeen fantastic effects are presented for your enjoyment. All practical, doable and strong!

There's a great deal of variety on these DVDs and we just know that you are going to love watching, learning and then performing these gems.

In addition, Peter Nardi joins John for a fun interview where they discuss his thought process and style of card magic.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review wanted for Prime Time Carey dvd set (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL