The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Winner Dice" effect: Reviews? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Does anyone have an opinion or know of any reviews on this? In short you can roll this die multiple times and get a different result (of your choice!) every time,

So this could work as either a prediction or telekinesis. Three times in a row is a one in 216 (6 x 6 x 6) chance.

Here's the blurb:

Winner's Dice is a normal-looking die that can force ANY NUMBER between 1 to 6.

It uses a very special technology which makes our die fully examinable. The spectator can check the die and he can try throwing it to make sure the results are random. But actually, you are in control of the outcome!

The forcing result can be changed during the performance, so you can do something like having two different predictions written on two white cards facing down -- one for you and one for your spectator. You throw the die, show the result and turn over the first card -- the prediction matches the number. Then the spectator throws the same die -- the result is different from the first time. Then he turns over the second card -- this card's prediction matches the second result!

You can use this to make a prediction (even an open prediction) or mindreading routine, or you can also just use it as a force in your own routine. The power of this gimmick is limited only by your imagination!!!

Remember:

There is No switch. No other dice. Just one die can force 6 numbers
You can control and change the results in real time
No electric device
Spectator can throw the die themselves to complete the force
Fully examinable
Use any borrowed Cup or Glass or Bowl
Very Practical

About US$40

Video here:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......rs-dice/

This looks good but so did the RMS Titanic on April 14, 1912.

Thanks.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
961 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Oops! I just did a search and found this thread from yesterday:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Happy to see a thread on this dice here as the thread in latest and greatest was overrun with moronic trolls exposing the product and asking silly questions like self entitled brats.

I look forward to seeing reviews. If it's reliable it has huge potential.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
In my mind...at this point the main issue is if the cubes look like normal American dice (diagonal 2 spot) and Ace spot the same size as all the other spots.

I hear that the dice do look normal....but, have not verified it with my own eyes.... the only reason I am concerned is because the video clips and still photos show 2 different style dies.
Long Island,

New York
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
144 Posts

Profile of chuds
But do you think the spec will actually notice that the die is not quite regular (if so?) I would hope that the presentation is the main thought in their minds.

Only my opinion of course.
Chuds
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1465 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Happy to see a thread on this dice here as the thread in latest and greatest was overrun with moronic trolls exposing the product and asking silly questions like self entitled brats.

Bit of an exaggeration I'd say.

There were some legitimate questions being asked. If a dealer openly promotes the sale of an item through his website there then he has opened the door to legitimate questions. The video posted depicts a die that is apparently different in appearance than the one you will receive. This fact will naturally draw questions because the die depicted had some odd attributes that aren't seen on standard dice. I too had a legitimate question. Asking if the die must be rolled in a receptacle instead of rolling it on a table is also a fair and legitimate question. Online dealers tend to face more questions in general because the customer is only given a limited view window with which to base their decision-making processes on. Asking if the die must be rolled in a receptacle is not a silly question. Let's be frank here, this is not how people roll dice in the real world.
I'm frequently hit with enlightening in the middle of a brain storm.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
I agree with Sudo's take. There is something I don't like in the way this is being presented and for that reason, I will not purchase this product unless forthcoming reviews are able to change my mind. And I am not a moronic troll.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, aligator wrote:
I agree with Sudo's take. There is something I don't like in the way this is being presented and for that reason, I will not purchase this product unless forthcoming reviews are able to change my mind. And I am not a moronic troll.

And I’d like to add...

ditto Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2018, ed wood wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration I'd say.

There were some legitimate questions being asked. If a dealer openly promotes the sale of an item through his website there then he has opened the door to legitimate questions. The video posted depicts a die that is apparently different in appearance than the one you will receive. This fact will naturally draw questions because the die depicted had some odd attributes that aren't seen on standard dice. I too had a legitimate question. Asking if the die must be rolled in a receptacle instead of rolling it on a table is also a fair and legitimate question. Online dealers tend to face more questions in general because the customer is only given a limited view window with which to base their decision-making processes on. Asking if the die must be rolled in a receptacle is not a silly question. Let's be frank here, this is not how people roll dice in the real world.

Really, you think calling people who expose a method moronic is a bit of an exaggeration? I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if this was your product.
There were some legitimate questions asked. Which you chose to ask repeatedly. Never giving anyone the chance to answer them before asking again and again and again. This behaviour just encouraged those who felt entitled to expose the method. You also chose to ask the question of a dealer who whilst aware of the method was not the expert and as a dealer and not the creator is not in the position to judge how much information he can make public knowledge about a method. You were advised to contact the creator which is what you should have done instead of bogging down the thread with repeated questions. The point here is that you were asking the question publicly, answers to this question could to some extent expose the method and therefore should have been asked and answered in private.
The moronic trolls comment was aimed at those who exposed the method. This behaviour is reprehensible and should result in immediate banning from the Café.
The subject of the appearance of the dice appears to have been addressed.
As this is penny and not latest and greatest lets avoid pointless bickering and further exposure and await reviews.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1465 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Do you need a screwdriver?

I've already made my points and I stand by them.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Awaiting reviews seems reasonable.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1465 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, aligator wrote:
Awaiting reviews seems reasonable.

It surely does. For me though, I already have the answer I need because rather than being given a straight answer of "yes" or "no", Dominic's answer actually gave away the method when he could've simply said "no" - and that's all I was asking for. I think it was pretty clear that my question was inquiring about a legitimate and unhindered roll on a table without needing to use the hand as a backstop - as Dominic revealed. It is a fair question and not silly in the slightest. The fact is, it cannot be rolled freely without hindrance, and for that reason, I'm not interested any longer because it isn't suitable for the specific use I had in mind.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, Sudo Nimh wrote:

Why would I need a screwdriver?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
You need a screwdriver and a hammer to break the die open to see how it works Smile
Long Island,

New York
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2132 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I rarely provide reviews, and I was not asked for this one, but this device is so FULL of potential I have to shout out about it. Its appearance, ease of use and reliability make it so. I KNOW I can double the impact of several of my pet routines with this. There are a good number of ways to increase the ease of using these things that were not mentioned in the instructions too. AND, I have already figured out a way to use Winners Dice WITHOUT THE CUP. My highest recommendation!

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2471 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Quote:

if you had a screw loose you would need one.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

That was my assumption. I just hoped that Sudo, a man who often uses his own mental health issues as a reason for his frequently bizarre behaviour wouldn't resort to insults of this nature. Pretty despicable if this is the case.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2018, Christopher Taylor wrote:
I rarely provide reviews, and I was not asked for this one, but this device is so FULL of potential I have to shout out about it. Its appearance, ease of use and reliability make it so. I KNOW I can double the impact of several of my pet routines with this. There are a good number of ways to increase the ease of using these things that were not mentioned in the instructions too. AND, I have already figured out a way to use Winners Dice WITHOUT THE CUP. My highest recommendation!

Christopher

Thanks for the review. This is what I've been hoping to hear....a review from someone who actually owns the product, it's a Christmas miracle!!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1696 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That was my assumption. I just hoped that Sudo, a man who often uses his own mental health issues as a reason for his frequently bizarre behaviour wouldn't resort to insults of this nature. Pretty despicable if this is the case.

What a low life comment.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, 252life wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, ed wood wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What a low life comment.

and a merry Christmas to you too.

How exactly is that a low life comment? I'm just a little shocked that a man who has received nothing but support for mental health issues would cast aspersions regarding others mental health Actually, don't answer that.....for the love of the baby Jesus and Santa and his Reindeer lets not bring this place down to the level of Latest and greatest

Back on topic.....I'm intrigued by this dice, just ordered one although doubt I'll receive it now until next year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Winner Dice" effect: Reviews? (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL