The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » JayScott Berry Cloaking device for $100 Bill switch (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hi everyone, I just started practicing with the "cloaking device" from JSB, works very well and bill switch is almost a flash reveal
anyone have any experience or opinions on this device.
Bruce
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Disregard this post I found all the goods and bads in older posts........
BUT with that said if anyone would like to comment on the bill switch effect specifically with this gimmick I'd like to read stuff.....
Bruce
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Hadn't really thought about using this for a bill switch, could you link to the prior posts on this subject?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
I did search for Jay Scott Berry Cloaking device. and a bunch of discussions came up. He does a bill switch with the gimmick called "the lightning switch" its on the video that came with the gimmick, its very nice and clean, I've started working on it to replace my TT.
I'll look for the links but you'll probably find it faster with the search.
Bruce
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3643 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Is it similar to his Eclipse gimmick?

- Mary Mowder
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Or is it similar to a Sanada?
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
It a modified Sanada gimmick.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks. Is it better overall, or for only certain uses?
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
I'd say its better for certain uses.
Its obviously very deceptive for all the effects Jay teaches with it,
but I'd say its very good for soft items like sponge balls, ribbon silks and the paper money.
I've found it not so good with coins and other solid stuff,
its the right tool for the right job concept for me
Bruce
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Signet
Have you used it for the silk streamer production that he does on his Penguin lecture? I got a streamer after seeing this, but I have yet to try it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1623 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, drmolarmagic wrote:
Hi everyone, I just started practicing with the "cloaking device" from JSB, works very well and bill switch is almost a flash reveal
anyone have any experience or opinions on this device.
Bruce
try googling this.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
238 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I prefer the cloaking device over the TT. For me it is smoother and at no time is the bill out of sight.
Just my opinion.
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
126 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
I agree, I've spent lots of time using and video taping both and I like the cloaking device better for this effect than the TT
Bruce
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
If you have Great Scott! It's Magic; look at his Bill in Lemon - Scott shows how to use a Sanada gimmick to switch bills
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I make a close up Sanada gimmick. I send it shipped in the continental USA for 10 dollars. It is the only CLOSE UP Sanada gimmick.
I use it for sponge work and it creates fear in people often or utter amazement.

I am aware of the typical Sanada. It comes from one source. But the color and texture are kind of obvious . Even on a dvd, I can detect it.
But mine is, with a little movement and not overdoing it, invisible.

Mine does not have extras on it. It is just a Sanada. But I am a pro and use it in all my shows and in close up. I never have had people even have a clue. That would never happen with the regular Sanada. You could do the bill switch with this gimmick too. I am not trying to sell somuch as let you know the weakness in this effect. It is the gimmick. Which is why I improved it.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This thread lead me to Jay Scott Berry's Penguin lecture. He goes over everything Sanada in that lecture. If one were to use a Sanada gimmick without trimming it, as is, it is very unlikely to be seen. Then again, that depends on how one handles the Sanada gimmick. I would suggest anyone who really wants to unlock the power of the Sanada gimmick buy JSB's lecture. JSB goes over in great detail how to trim and tape a Sanada gimmick, how to create his FS2 gimmick from two Sanada gimmicks, but more importantly, how to handle and use a Sanada gimmick so that it is UNDETECTABLE! JSB has worked the Sanada for all it's worth and his handlings of it are gold. He also teaches his bill switch, which is marvelous. Oh and everything TT as well, his topit, so many routines and bits with every gimmick, etc...

Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
I make a close up Sanada gimmick. I send it shipped in the continental USA for 10 dollars. It is the only CLOSE UP Sanada gimmick.
I use it for sponge work and it creates fear in people often or utter amazement.

I am aware of the typical Sanada. It comes from one source. But the color and texture are kind of obvious . Even on a dvd, I can detect it.
But mine is, with a little movement and not overdoing it, invisible.

Mine does not have extras on it. It is just a Sanada. But I am a pro and use it in all my shows and in close up. I never have had people even have a clue. That would never happen with the regular Sanada. You could do the bill switch with this gimmick too. I am not trying to sell somuch as let you know the weakness in this effect. It is the gimmick. Which is why I improved it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Yes I had that. I still found the Sanada impractical. I make it from thumb tip type plastic. the standard sanada is messed up. it can't be use in real close up. you have to even be careful on stage. I have had magicians jaws drop when they saw what they had not seen inches from them, my sanada.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I'm sure your modifications are good and I'd be interested in seeing them. That being said, if a spectator sees a Sanada gimmick a magician is performing with, then the magician is using it improperly. JSB goes over Sanada handling in great detail in his lecture. Handled properly, the Sanada is undetectable. A Sanada that is trimmed and taped like JSB explains is basically undetectable when handled correctly.

Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
Yes I had that. I still found the Sanada impractical. I make it from thumb tip type plastic. the standard sanada is messed up. it can't be use in real close up. you have to even be careful on stage. I have had magicians jaws drop when they saw what they had not seen inches from them, my sanada.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I know that is true on stage. But I do a lot of close up. I have lots of assistants on stage, so my stage is close up. So sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. I got tired of being caught. I am a pro. But I had to do something to make it invisible. But yes if you do stage and have nobody up there you can get away with a regular one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » JayScott Berry Cloaking device for $100 Bill switch (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL