The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Can we just give it up for: (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Greg Wilsons "Ring Leader" again. What an outstanding dvd and piece of work. Worth every single penny. 👍👈🏻 $.02
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right, Bill!

Dick

The "like" is mine~!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
It really is good. Using a barrowed ring is amazing. I started performing with a regular rope and large ring because they are more general props and can be used for more tricks. Thanks to Dicks advice. I prefer Alien Ring
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
If you don't know this routine you'll probably not understand everything Im saying here. Here go's: Ive got pretty big fingers so almost everyones ring is to small for me. I use an old ring that is either my dads or grampas ring ( I need to ask my mom). Using the suggested Jewelers security tactic rope, I wear it around my neck tied loosely w/ the ring on. I have almost got my patter down about how my grandpa made me this neckless shortly before he passed. ( I don't mention this but He was murdered in mid 70's in San Pedro, CA. They never caught the sob that did either. Ran off the road over the cliffs at Whites point in San Pedro, CA) anyways, if someone asks me "what is that?" "
I will say "thank you for asking. My grandfather gave me this shortly b4 he passed. He told me anytime somebody asked about it I should think of it as him giving me hug. He said that If I ever thread this neckless on to the ring that he would let me pull it off. ---then I pull it off. ---next, He said when you re-thread the ring You'll know (pause) that I'm hangin' around you. -----let go and show ring---- ----Next in the sequence....... You can take the ring and pull it off of the necklesse...(I do)..... and then put it back on......(boom, I do)........he said some people will think you let the ring fall into your hand and slide it off of the neckless. (this is the over the shoulder throw) then- do the ring on finger move- , ,show its off and say He said " I'll put it back on for you, I will always be behind you" ----pulling the neckless back over my shoulder.----- He said "Put the ring in the middle of your hand, make a strong fist, make an X on the back of your hand with this neckless directly over my ring as this represents my hug to you." ---I load the ring on my finger, I show the vanish and ---------this is where I need to improve my patter......sumthing like -he said "I'll put it on your finger, the same finger I wore my ring on" ---I show ring on finger ---....... Thanks for reading if you made it this far. 😀 Im 49yrs old and its still hard for me to talk about so it's almost like a bit of therepy for me. Ive only perforem it a few times for friends using Gregory Wilsons patter for the most part cause I struggle telling "my version" of the story still . And obviously my patter is only bout' 1/2 mine and 1/2 Wilsons. 🤘 but has a complete different feel to it. I guarantee the first person to ask about my neckless will be moved and never forget. 😀😀😀😀 And that's all of our goals right? Just my $.02
Thanks again for reading.👍👈👌
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Great presentation! A Ring and String routine is very strong magic. A good routine -- such as yours -- can be extended or shortened as needed, plus the props truly "pack flat."

Thank you for sharing your story and performance.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Conus wrote:
Great presentation! A Ring and String routine is very strong magic. A good routine -- such as yours -- can be extended or shortened as needed, plus the props truly "pack flat."

Thank you for sharing your story and performance.

Thanks for reading. 👍. I know I wrote a book there.🤣 its not my handling, its actually Gregory Wilsons Ring Leader dvd handling. it is the patter that I have changed. 😀. and yes you can stop at anytime and they will think that is the end w/ out question. 🙂. One of the greatest gems I own imo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Can we just give it up for: (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL