The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new added to the Mental Epic effect. (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1895 Posts

Profile of ted french
This is really cool and makes this effect a lot better in my opinion. I never liked the asking the participant what their answer was part of the routine and this new gimmick makes it so you don't have to do that.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11247
P3
practice practice perform.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5646 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
As with most "improvements" these days, it mucks up the impact of the outcome. Some very creative solutions to that will come to those who understand the presentation of such effects, but then most of those people would perform with something far more organic aesthetically. But this looks like a fun toy for magicians to play with. The type of thing which is fun to just sit and marvel at how amazing such a prop is without having to perform it.
prasanth
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of prasanth
I agree with that sometime the improvement is just for the satisfaction of magicians and in certain cases the improvement is not necessary at all especially in olden days where the magic tricks were not so much exposed to lay people. But in the modern age it is better to make it maximum deceptive at least for our satisfaction.Also lot of people enjoy new ideas .Just my thoughts.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
There is nothing wrong with the origial version, especially if making the participant appear as the mentalist as should be the case with all one up routines imo.
prasanth
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of prasanth
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2019, aligator wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the origial version, especially if making the participant appear as the mentalist as should be the case with all one up routines imo.

I still love the original version may be that lead me to work on this in a different direction which is not seen anywhere.If you have it, you know the basic prototype and its development in the history section of the video.
prasanth
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of prasanth
Making spectator as mentalist is cool idea I always love that plot
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
I find that there is usually a stronger reaction when they are made to think they knew your thoughts than vice versa.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1564 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I love Mental Epic, but just trying to justify the $125 price tag for such a small apparently plastic board. That must be some incredible gimmick for the price.
prasanth
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of prasanth
Hi Dooblehorn,

It is limited to certain quantities. So export cost is too high and I made it using high quality materials. It is made of acrylic board and lot of manual work to make it. I am sure you will never be disappointed with the quality. May be I will think about an economy version later for those who got magic only a hobby.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1564 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Prasanth
Thanks , fair enough
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Regular user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
186 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2018, ted french wrote:
I never liked the asking the participant what their answer was...

Take a look at Richard Osterlind's Epic Slate Routine in his DVD Eerie.
No questions asked here! Just brilliant.
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
I second Osterlind its a great routine and never fails me...........
spectrahue
View Profile
Regular user
Leicestershire
158 Posts

Profile of spectrahue
In Magigram vol 22 #3 pg 157
can be found a very organic Mental Epic effect
by Allan Kennaugh titled Colour Epic.

This got me thinking that maybe this can be performed with a 4 in 1 BIC multicolored biro pen having switched the inks around ?

Nic
http://www.magentalist.droppages.com/

A.N.T , Bookworm , 50 Shades Blue, Heads I Win Positvely
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
You could also use Stephen Young's OAP to enhance the effect.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3292 Posts

Profile of Julie
A little off topic, but definitely worth mentioning, the large Mental Epic Compendium book by Paul Romhany.

Tons of information and ideas for Mental Epic type presentations. If you don't already own a copy it is well worth your tracking down IMO.

Julie
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2019, aligator wrote:
I find that there is usually a stronger reaction when they are made to think they knew your thoughts than vice versa.

Agree I find one a###d is better posed as 'influence' or spec as mind reader aiming to intuitively guess 'targets' you write down. Justifies them calling out answers beautifully.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
prasanth
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of prasanth
I also think it is much stronger.I have another unique mental epic slate yet to release which use completely different principle and can be performed the spectator as mind reader.It is no force too. Planning to release by end of this year.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3134 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of 13
Pop Haydn ... excellent !
Sharktale
View Profile
New user
Ukraine
16 Posts

Profile of Sharktale
Pop Haydn - Love the routining!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new added to the Mental Epic effect. (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL