The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Getting into rope magic - removing the knot? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1166 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi all!
I am currently working on Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders and I am putting a routine together.
I remember a beatiful move but I cannot find it. It can simply be described like this:

The magician holds a long rope. He ties a knot with the two ends. The magi cuts the rope with his/hers fingers and shows the ends are movable and can be simple removed alltogheter.

The method is quite obvious to me but I have no idea how to get into the move and make it beatiful.

What is the move called and where is it published?

I thank you all in advance:)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21636 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is called a slip knot. I don't know where you would find it, as another magician showed me. It is used in many rope effects. The old shoe lace knot would also work as you describe.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1166 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you Bill! I find you to be incredibly helpful here on the Café and I thank you. Happy holidays!

Montana
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1036 Posts

Profile of imgic
Daryl in his Fooler Dooler reaches some nice moves that not only has you tying a knot and removing it, but also how to take a clean ropes and have knots magically appear on it. I’ll have to check which videos when I get to my computer
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
707 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I AGREE thanks so much Bill, we all owe you big timehere on the MC . always kind and helpful.

you can find slip knots for ropes in almost any large tome on rope magic whether it be a dvd or book.
Darrel's encyclopedia of rope magic has it as well as Abbot's encyclopedia of rope magic.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1036 Posts

Profile of imgic
David Williamson in his Penguin lecture does his Ring & Rope routine. In it he shows really nice knot using a secret short piece. It’s one if slickest moves I’ve seen and perfect for what you’re looking for.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Getting into rope magic - removing the knot? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL