The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2018 (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I'm really not sure why the Turner watch is on here?......myself and many others have had rediculous amounts of issues with the watch, many people including myself have found the battery has died within weeks of buying the unit, and have had to have it replaced. Many have found the unit to be faulty and have had to ask for a replacement, there have been constant issues with the app not working and having to wait for updates to solve fundamental issues. And the customer service is basically non existant?. Plus we as purchasers were told the watch would be kept hidden from plain site and the next minute were seeing people like Chris Ramsey reviewing the watch with links below there video so hundreds of thousands of people can buy a 'time traveling watch'

As a person that rarely buys anything over £80 to have this level of issues with a product costing over £300 is rather annoying.

Yes the watch does some clever stuff but at that level of cost id expect much higher levels of customer service and quality control? the watch strap was cheap as chips and why would anyone put an ultra cheap battery into a product that needs something crazy powerful?.....

and on that note is worth noting that my watch has failed recently after only a few weeks and I'm hoping another battery replacement will do the trick otherwise ill have to attempt to contact the makers to get a replacement.....which will be painful I'm sure
May your darkness come quickly
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
1.DFB
2.DFB
2.DFB
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
710 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Wise Quack by Thom Peterson.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
849 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Sophocles, rgnprof — thanks for the shoutouts to Copycat!
Brain Food, A Game of Life & Death, Proof Positive, and Paper Prophecies
available at http://www.davidparr.com/store
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10342 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, drjohn wrote:
I'm really not sure why the Turner watch is on here?......myself and many others have had rediculous amounts of issues with the watch, many people including myself have found the battery has died within weeks of buying the unit, and have had to have it replaced. Many have found the unit to be faulty and have had to ask for a replacement, there have been constant issues with the app not working and having to wait for updates to solve fundamental issues. And the customer service is basically non existant?. Plus we as purchasers were told the watch would be kept hidden from plain site and the next minute were seeing people like Chris Ramsey reviewing the watch with links below there video so hundreds of thousands of people can buy a 'time traveling watch'

As a person that rarely buys anything over £80 to have this level of issues with a product costing over £300 is rather annoying.

Yes the watch does some clever stuff but at that level of cost id expect much higher levels of customer service and quality control? the watch strap was cheap as chips and why would anyone put an ultra cheap battery into a product that needs something crazy powerful?.....

and on that note is worth noting that my watch has failed recently after only a few weeks and I'm hoping another battery replacement will do the trick otherwise ill have to attempt to contact the makers to get a replacement.....which will be painful I'm sure

I must agree with you on many of the things you said.

The POTENTIAL of this watch is/was enormous. But are we voting on potential or what we received?

I don't hate my T watch (as its generally well executed) and fairly priced, but not sure I trust it ENOUGH (yet) to use it on stage for 500 people just yet. And as a result I did not put it into my top 3.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
91 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

The POTENTIAL of this watch is/was enormous. But are we voting on potential or what we received?

I don't hate my T watch (as its generally well executed) and fairly priced, but not sure I trust it ENOUGH (yet) to use it on stage for 500 people just yet. And as a result I did not put it into my top 3.

If you don't trust your t-watch, you either aren't using it enough or aren't using it correctly. I perform with it every single day, multiple times a day, and I never have a problem. It is, hands down, the best money I have spent on a magic prop in at least the last five years. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's fair, but if people are voting for it, there's got to be a reason why, and that first guy jumping in here complaining about it just makes him look like a troll.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3122 Posts

Profile of warren
When do we get to hear the results or should that be read the results ha ha ?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3268 Posts

Profile of takeachance
1 - DFB
2 - PIN
3 - Revive

Thurston
Penguin Magic
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3268 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'd like to add, I didn't receive any emails, prompting or requests to vote for any of these when ordering or after, which is refreshing, all are just IMHO.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10342 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, Matty Freakin Whipple wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

If you don't trust your t-watch, you either aren't using it enough or aren't using it correctly. I perform with it every single day, multiple times a day, and I never have a problem. It is, hands down, the best money I have spent on a magic prop in at least the last five years. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's fair, but if people are voting for it, there's got to be a reason why, and that first guy jumping in here complaining about it just makes him look like a troll.

Because new user - with only 12-16 feet of usable Bluetooth distance, for a stage show for 500 people - that’s not a lot and not reliable enough for me to trust T watch for a show that size. Do you perform often for 500+ ? If not it’s a completely legitimate minor complaint. I stand by my response. I didn’t say it was bad.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1423 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks kindly to those of you who nominated me - I appreciate it.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

Matty Freakin Whipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
91 Posts

Profile of Matty Freakin Whipple
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2019, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Thanks kindly to those of you who nominated me - I appreciate it.

Honestly, Mental Di-Mentional is freaking FANTASTIC. It has quickly become a staple of my strolling work!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1423 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
That's so wonderful to hear Matty. You have no idea how happy that makes me.
Magic which awakens and nourishes the divine spirit in man encourages the growth of true humanity, in contrast to the materialistic outlook which binds man to the earth.

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
It is a worker for me also.....wonderful effect.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1423 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks Aligator. I'm thrilled to hear that from you especially because I know that you were on the fence for quite a while about getting it and extra selective about what you purchase. I'm pleased that you weren't disappointed.

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2055 Posts

Profile of aligator
Definitely not disappointed. This is ideal for walkaround if you have table space available and for close up or as a demonstrator.
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Being pulled in so many directions this *** watch. So many ideas yet equally concerns. I have the option to get one and yet sit on a very wobbly fence.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10342 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Turn@r had a big booth at Blackpool and I think they sold loads of watches.
A lot.
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Wow - really?
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1417 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Venom Cube
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2018 (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL