The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2018 (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10318 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, Sreidy wrote:
Wow - really?

Pre-sales
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
odgesplodge
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of odgesplodge
1. DFB by Eindhoven/Squires
2. Red Herring by Ben Earl
3. Out of sight - Josh Jay
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2288 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Brass Coin Casket
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1690 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2019, Matty Freakin Whipple wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, drjohn wrote:
I'm really not sure why the Turner watch is on here?......myself and many others have had rediculous amounts of issues with the watch, many people including myself have found the battery has died within weeks of buying the unit, and have had to have it replaced. Many have found the unit to be faulty and have had to ask for a replacement, there have been constant issues with the app not working and having to wait for updates to solve fundamental issues. And the customer service is basically non existant?. Plus we as purchasers were told the watch would be kept hidden from plain site and the next minute were seeing people like Chris Ramsey reviewing the watch with links below there video so hundreds of thousands of people can buy a 'time traveling watch'

As a person that rarely buys anything over £80 to have this level of issues with a product costing over £300 is rather annoying.

Yes the watch does some clever stuff but at that level of cost id expect much higher levels of customer service and quality control? the watch strap was cheap as chips and why would anyone put an ultra cheap battery into a product that needs something crazy powerful?.....

and on that note is worth noting that my watch has failed recently after only a few weeks and I'm hoping another battery replacement will do the trick otherwise ill have to attempt to contact the makers to get a replacement.....which will be painful I'm sure

I must agree with you on many of the things you said.

The POTENTIAL of this watch is/was enormous. But are we voting on potential or what we received?

I don't hate my T watch (as its generally well executed) and fairly priced, but not sure I trust it ENOUGH (yet) to use it on stage for 500 people just yet. And as a result I did not put it into my top 3.

If you don't trust your t-watch, you either aren't using it enough or aren't using it correctly. I perform with it every single day, multiple times a day, and I never have a problem. It is, hands down, the best money I have spent on a magic prop in at least the last five years. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's fair, but if people are voting for it, there's got to be a reason why, and that first guy jumping in here complaining about it just makes him look like a troll.

Also not everyone is using for stage with 500 people

I don’t think it was ever advertised for that I use in mix and mingle and has worked fine since day one
matthu
View Profile
Regular user
UK
168 Posts

Profile of matthu
1. DFB by Eindhoven/Squires
2. Pure Telepathy by Boris Wild
3. Predate Calendar Trick by Bob Miller
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5644 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Thank you ladies and gentlemen, voting is now closed. Please give us a few days to tally and verify your votes. We will announce the Trick of the Year winners next week.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5644 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
My apologies for taking longer than hoped to complete the tally here. Wow, it has been an adventure getting this all wrapped up. Counting, recounting, eliminating the people who didn’t bother reading the rules, conspiracy theories, and even hijacking of threads. Some people overlooked that this is meant to be a fun, friendly competition.

In particular, the Trick of the Year was a neck and neck race which came right down to the wire; ending in a TIE!

So here you have the OFFICIAL Houdin results:

Tied for first:
DFB by Einhorn and Squires
T-Watch by Nobody Knows

Rounding out the podium in third place:
Flux by PM

And because they were in such a tight race...

Another tie is found for fourth place:
Brass Coin Casket by Airship Magic
Blink by Looch

Right behind that another tie for sixth:
SvenPad Ultimate by Brett Barry
Destiny Deck by David Gonzalez
It’s In My Genes by Michel

It really was a year of many innovations and wonderful creations which we all should celebrate.

And let’s not forget the Thurston! This year’s winner is Vanishing Inc.

2018 Thurston results:
1. The crew at Vanishing Inc.
2. Craig Filicetti at PM
3. Mark Traversoni at Saturn Magic

And tied for Fourth place:
Sudo Nimh
Penguin Magic
Marc Kerstein

These are the 2018 top of customer service as voted by you members on The Café.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3267 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Good to see this back on track. Thanks Tom and congrats to both DFB by Nick Einhorn and Squires and the guys from T-Watch & Nobody Knows, two fantastic ideas brought to fruition by their creators.
But boy, the 2018 Thurston's, all those mentioned are fabulous, truly outstanding and all deserve congrats.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1690 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Well done to Turner Boys , Nick Einhorn and Craig

All Worthy Winners
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Congratulations to the winners in both categories - and to the others who were also nominated. An extra big "Thank-you" to those who nominated me, and also, to Tom Cutts for organizing it all.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Congratulations to all! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10318 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, Tom Cutts wrote:
My apologies for taking longer than hoped to complete the tally here. Wow, it has been an adventure getting this all wrapped up. Counting, recounting, eliminating the people who didn’t bother reading the rules, conspiracy theories, and even hijacking of threads. Some people overlooked that this is meant to be a fun, friendly competition.

In particular, the Trick of the Year was a neck and neck race which came right down to the wire; ending in a TIE!

So here you have the OFFICIAL Houdin results:

Tied for first:
DFB by Einhorn and Squires
T-Watch by Nobody Knows

Rounding out the podium in third place:
Flux by PM

And because they were in such a tight race...

Another tie is found for fourth place:
Brass Coin Casket by Airship Magic
Blink by Looch

Right behind that another tie for sixth:
SvenPad Ultimate by Brett Barry
Destiny Deck by David Gonzalez
It’s In My Genes by Michel

It really was a year of many innovations and wonderful creations which we all should celebrate.

And let’s not forget the Thurston! This year’s winner is Vanishing Inc.

2018 Thurston results:
1. The crew at Vanishing Inc.
2. Craig Filicetti at PM
3. Mark Traversoni at Saturn Magic

And tied for Fourth place:
Sudo Nimh
Penguin Magic
Marc Kerstein

These are the 2018 top of customer service as voted by you members on The Café.

Thank you Tom!

You rock...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Well deserved:
I never was a big fan of iPhone Magic - the DFB App changed that
I never was a big fan of "watch" magic - the T-Watch changed that
warlocklevel50
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of warlocklevel50
DFB is awesome. It really deserved to win. Maybe someday it might become totally hands off too Smile
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Thanks for doing this! Always interesting to read what was nominated and of course, who won.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1986 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
An additional thank you Tom.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Official "Trick of the Year" thread - 2018 (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL