The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best way to change 4 Blue cards to 4 red (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ccmwl
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
I find myself performing John Guastaferro's Out of the Blue more often than not, but at the end, I'm left with 4 blue cards which do not fit in with the rest of the red deck. What's the best way to change them "back" to red?

I have a himber wallet from Marvin's Magic back when I was a young'un but that introduces an unnecessary prop.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2873 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Take a look at Paul Gordons Four Card Fooler.
Vanishing inc has this as a five dollar download. Great trick.
I j
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of Bob G
That sounds intriguing, fonda57. Is the trick examinable at the end? Bob
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2873 Posts

Profile of fonda57
If you put them in your pocket.
I j
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Smile
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
Could always do a simple switch, under a cardbox or something. Or you could control them to the bottom of the deck and palm them out.
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2019, fonda57 wrote:
Take a look at Paul Gordons Four Card Fooler.
Vanishing inc has this as a five dollar download. Great trick.

Thanks for this suggestion. However, the ending is rather dirty and the faces of the queens cannot be shown. I've now adopted Mathieu Bich's Back Twist. It too doesn't end clean, but at least I'm able to show the backs and faces. It also allows me to solely focus on the back color changes (via the Asher Twist) and without the unneeded "twisting" effect when each queen turns face down.

I'm in no way saying Paul Gordon's effect is bad. Far from it. It's a genius idea and will be a fooler - a lot of thought had gone into it and is a great twisting trick. It just isn't suitable for my own personal purpose.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin
218 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Check out Peter Pellikaan. He has some incredible tricks where faces and backs change. https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magician/Peter-Pellikaan/
I can't remember what the trick is called but you can't go wrong with anything that he produces. They are all quick effects and aren't hard to do.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Maybe a face up 4 by 4 change. There’s a book on the subject by Karl Fulves called Packet Switch. Hope to be helpful with your search
Bye!
Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
If you use a topit you should check out Carl Cloutier, he has an instant change of 4 cards.
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2019, Jack Skipton wrote:
If you use a topit you should check out Carl Cloutier, he has an instant change of 4 cards.

Great idea, but I only wear T-Shirts.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of KokoB
As you see there are many ways you can change cards, Paul Gordon has ways Peter Pellikaan has ways,If its packet tricks then these guys by far have the greatest Packet Tricks out.& yes you will learn to switch packets n cards like no other.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best way to change 4 Blue cards to 4 red (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.81 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL