The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Essential Mentalism Instructional DVD/Downloads? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BarreBunch
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of BarreBunch
Can anyone suggest a quick list of the essential DVD/Downloads for mentalism instruction?

(FYI: I've read Corinda's "Thirteen Steps To Mentalism" and Annemann's "Practical Mental Magic" and am looking for additional resources.)

Thanks for your help,

Nick
Shoreline99
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Shoreline99
Despite reading Corinda and Annemann's book, are you looking for DVD/Downloads instead of books? So, Ran Pink's T-Rex is both book and DVD though...
I'm just kidding. I also recommend Max Maven's Video Mind Volumes 1-3.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Making Mindreading Look Real by Luke Jermay is an important one.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3726
loserdlj
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of loserdlj
PROJECT-iMind
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Richard Osterlind's Osterlind's 13 Steps videos and Richard Osterlind's 13 Steps to Mentalism videos. Watching Richard do, rather than reading others' talk about doing, then doing myself... propelled my skills in mentalism. Richard has such a clear and concise style of teaching. The quality of production of his videos leave a great many others behind.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Number one on the list of essential DVD's or downloads of mentalism instruction has to be Richard Osterlind's Easy to Master Mental Miracles. Four DVD's of great classic material selected and updated by Richard. There is a little bit of everything included which will lead you to areas for further exploration. A great place to start if it must be with video instruction.
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Feral Chorus wrote:
Number one on the list of essential DVD's or downloads of mentalism instruction has to be Richard Osterlind's Easy to Master Mental Miracles. Four DVD's of great classic material selected and updated by Richard. There is a little bit of everything included which will lead you to areas for further exploration. A great place to start if it must be with video instruction.

I have not seen that set. Do you know if purchasing them would be redundant when I already own Osterlind's 13 Steps videos and Osterlind's 13 Steps to Mentalism videos?

This addiction is expensive...
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
There would be some overlap. Of 42 credited effects over the 4 DVD's, 5 are credited to Corinda. There are 7 effects that are credited as "classic" and I imagine at least some semblance of the classic effects are also among the 13 steps. There are a good number of Annemann and Koran effects as well.
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Feral Chorus wrote:
There would be some overlap. Of 42 credited effects over the 4 DVD's, 5 are credited to Corinda. There are 7 effects that are credited as "classic" and I imagine at least some semblance of the classic effects are also among the 13 steps. There are a good number of Annemann and Koran effects as well.

Thank you for doing the comparison. I should have done that myself. I'm going to take your recommendation and buy this set next pay day. Osterlind is one of the few guys I have never had a disappointing purchase from.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Great recommended resources so far in this thread. I will also add that Osterlind has Practical Mental Effects series that is excellent (v1 - v6). Also, his 13 Steps to Mentalism series via Penguin are excellent as well as he dives into various "branches" within the art of mentalism.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Essential Mentalism Instructional DVD/Downloads? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL