The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard Ball Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Link774
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Link774
I perform at a variety-show sort of event every December and am starting to think about my 2019 routine now that this year is done. This will be my fourth year doing this, I started with contact juggling (which I'd been doing for years). The following year I wanted to do something different, I caught the card manipulation bug and worked on that all year to put a routine together. This year I got into the idea of zombie/floating balls, and put together a routine that was half zombie with a transition into a floating ball (pretty pleased with the hookup for the transition I came up with!). Each year it is a silent act to the same music, so I like to mix it up by doing a different routine, plus it is fun learning something new.

For next year I'm considering billiard ball manipulation, but before I go down that rabbit hole and get some balls and DVDs (will probably start with Levent's Ultimate Guide), I was wondering about angles. I can gather generally what's going on by watching a few routines, but I'm wondering how much I'll be hindered if the audience is about 70-80 degrees off center to my right (left is less of a problem). With cards it wasn't too big of an issue, I could just angle a bit that direction to avoid flashing, but balls are thicker, of course. Also, I'm not sure how angle-sensitive s***ls are, I haven't got a set to play around with yet.

Any other ideas I should think about? Favorite stage routines that work well with just music?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8091 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
See my post just below (Dec. 14, 2018 (MULTIPLYING BALLS ISSUES)

You just may find information that you are searching for. I've had a working ball routine for about 50 years.

You'll find my handling for working almost surrounded, published in my book. --and, also for my non multiplying balls routine that I've done successfully for about 50 years.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8091 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
PS My dvd is of two 45 minute school shows. The ball routine is in both shows.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Link774
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Link774
Thanks Dick! I'll take a look
Link774
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Link774
Ended up getting a set of 1.7 bond lee balls since the 2's were out of stock and I wanted to get started practicing. Watched Levent's Ultimate Guide and it has a lot of useful information, but some of the moves are presented very quickly. I love the routines at the end, it is helpful to see how some of the masters strung things together! I also got the McBride World Class manipulation series and I'm finding I like the teaching style a bit better, though I'm only through the first DVD currently. The Super Practice sections are nice, so you can see up-close and slowly what he is doing. I wish he had just put out a single ball DVD rather than 3 DVDs each with coins/thimbles/balls! Maybe I'll have to learn coins and thimbles at some point too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard Ball Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL