The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg or Golf Ball - Egg Bag discussion (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
84 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
Bill Hegbli, when doing my routine for family audiences, I always preface it with how it's a lesson in the dangers of drinking and drugs. I have found parents and teachers are always so grateful to me for doing some of the parenting for them! Smile And as no one sees my purple Crown Royal Egg Bag until the moment I pull it out, I don't have to worry about anyone telling me not to do it in advance.
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
770 Posts

Profile of thomasR
For my character, the classic egg bag works great so that's what I use. But if it works for your character, the Baxt routine is by far the most logical egg bag routine out there and the rattle adds a whole new convincer. Plus, if you are a comedy magician.. the routine is right there. Aspirin and Crown Royal Bag... done.

I do think sometimes magician worry too much about props being organic or natural. We are magicians... to some extent I think people are expecting some odd props. My character both on and off stage loves magic and the history of magic, that means I can have classics of magic just because they are classics of magic. I open the Egg Bag by saying "By now you already know that I love the classics of magic. This next classic is the appearance and disappearance of a simple yet delicate object... and it starts with nothing. Nothing but this simple cloth bag..."
Magic Mark
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I attended Jeff Hobson's lecture at the Palm Springs IBM Ring just last week. I got to see Jeff perform his routine in-person and it was delightful. I purchased one of his bags (after the lecture) and opted for a green one and also chose the golf balls instead of the eggs. I plan to work up a golf-themed routine.

I also got to meet Marvyn Roy, aka Mr. Electric. That was a real treat and unexpected because I'd heard he'd had some recent health issues. It was wonderful to see him front and center to enjoy Jeff's lecture.

My thanks to the fine folks at the Palm Springs Ring for hosting this delightful evening of Magic!

Mark
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1650 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
I use the egg bag in various shows in the corporate market I work

I use an egg & a glass drink production finale and for Golf club events I use a golf ball..fabulous effect. Jeff Hobson is brilliant also
Heres 1 of the best Golf ball routines by Martin Lewis on a cruise-ship..enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5pCyxRpWwk
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bret McLeod, thanks for posting that video, I learned a lot.

Great routine by Martin Lewis, enjoyed it, and all the laughs he received. He is a real pro, and very creative person.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
That was great. Martin's timing is oustanding. And the length of the routine <Just right....not too long...not too short> , plus the kicker ending, made it a commercial winner, in my opinion.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, but was that a plastic practice golf ball or a real golf ball. The jury is out on that one, I could not tell just by watching.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1301 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I developed a parlour routine that used a boxes off eggs. The volunteer would shuffle the eggs and sign the egg. At the end of the routine I would get them to crack the egg into a glass and say 'is that your egg'. I had a few spectators and fellow magicians say it was a strong end as the egg was proven real and once the egg is cracked it really is over.

A egg in the mind of the spectator is something that cant be tampered with and yeah we know how delicate they can be.

How evre can I just say good on you for thinking of using somthing else. Yeah it may not be the most creative orignal idea. But many magican will go it called a egg bag so I will use a egg.

at the end of the day give anything a crack!
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg or Golf Ball - Egg Bag discussion (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL