The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool convention new releases (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Wayne’s Fox’s item I think you will be very dissappointed with. It will get a good WPR because he is affiliated with them,
Michael Murray’s effect is very clever but the lock and numbers are too small and fiddly to see for most of your spectators in the real world imo. Olly
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7513 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Wayne’s Fox’s item I think you will be very dissappointed with. It will get a good WPR because he is affiliated with them,
Michael Murray’s effect is very clever but the lock and numbers are too small and fiddly to see for most of your spectators in the real world imo. Olly


Indeed. Just looks like awkward posture to me.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Olly, I am very pleased to hear that you like my Dead Lock effect and if the size of the lock was the only thing holding you back from purchasing one I am happy to report that I am in the process of getting these made in three different sizes.

Now, with zero offense intended I can honestly say I have used both my lock and locks of a similar size (Locked in Thought and Locked for Life) for many years without any issue and the current one is perfect for me for close-up use as I use it as a keyring and so love that it is light and portable in this respect.

Having sold all hundred copies at Blackpool this would suggest that all purchasers were able to see and use the lock comfortably too (they are actually made from genuine locks after all).

All in all I firmly believe that this lock is the perfect size for close-up use and for those who work on stage, or perhaps in environments where it is harder to see (such as night clubs) it may be worth holding on for the bigger ones to be produced.

Best Wishes to All,
Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3402 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have to disagree with Olly, I can read the numbers on the lock without my glasses and I can’t read much without my glasses. With my glasses on the numbers are crystal clear. I have performed this multiple times since blackpool and not had a single person struggle to read the numbers on the lock. When Michael showed this to me it was in the Spanish bar that doesn’t have the best lighting and I didn’t have my glasses. The fact that I could read the numbers (albeit with a bit of effort due to not having my glasses) was one of the things I liked about it. Julie also has very poor eyesight and I performed it on her without a problem.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available to Pre-order
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=pre-order-totally-free-will
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Wayne’s Fox’s item I think you will be very dissappointed with. It will get a good WPR because he is affiliated with them,
Michael Murray’s effect is very clever but the lock and numbers are too small and fiddly to see for most of your spectators in the real world imo. Olly


Horses, for courses Smile - Wayne’s item is great as an out for any hypno effect. It’s a handy tool that enables you to seemingly hypnotise anyone. Can you offer a reason why you don’t like it? I’ve performed Michaels lock a number of times and never had anyone say they couldn’t see the numbers - for stage I could imagine it may be a problem but even then someone selected at complete random (fairly) who is the eyes of the audience when they see the lock open it would be enough. But as Michael has stated he’s designing bigger locks.

David.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Wayne’s Fox’s item I think you will be very dissappointed with. It will get a good WPR because he is affiliated with them,
Michael Murray’s effect is very clever but the lock and numbers are too small and fiddly to see for most of your spectators in the real world imo. Olly


Horses, for courses Smile - Wayne’s item is great as an out for any hypno effect. It’s a handy tool that enables you to seemingly hypnotise anyone. Can you offer a reason why you don’t like it? I’ve performed Michaels lock a number of times and never had anyone say they couldn’t see the numbers - for stage I could imagine it may be a problem but even then someone selected at complete random (fairly) who is the eyes of the audience when they see the lock open it would be enough. But as Michael has stated he’s designing bigger locks.

David.


So Wayne's light heavy isn't just using suggestion/hypnosis....there na actual physical method involves?

Thanks
Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Wayne’s Fox’s item I think you will be very dissappointed with. It will get a good WPR because he is affiliated with them,
Michael Murray’s effect is very clever but the lock and numbers are too small and fiddly to see for most of your spectators in the real world imo. Olly


Horses, for courses Smile - Wayne’s item is great as an out for any hypno effect. It’s a handy tool that enables you to seemingly hypnotise anyone. Can you offer a reason why you don’t like it? I’ve performed Michaels lock a number of times and never had anyone say they couldn’t see the numbers - for stage I could imagine it may be a problem but even then someone selected at complete random (fairly) who is the eyes of the audience when they see the lock open it would be enough. But as Michael has stated he’s designing bigger locks.

David.


So Wayne's light heavy isn't just using suggestion/hypnosis....there na actual physical method involves?

Thanks
Sleepy
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Lior
Michael Murray is a genius.
I use 2 of his creations in my stage act.
I try to get everything he published.
I got the lock in Blackpool and I am so happy.
Very clever and very easy to do.
See you soon.
Lior
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com

The Invisble touches , spoon bending, PK combinations
8 loops from Yigal Mesika http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8161

Penguin Live lecture http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7645
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Thanks for the opinion on the Light Heavy effect Pegasus.
Eric.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I have better than 20/20 vision so I could read the numbers no probs at all on Michaels lock. I saw it being performed however in the Ruskin and yes it wasn’t the greatest of lighting but any effect where the spectator needs to get their reading glasses out ( which was happening ) etc creates a pause I could do without. The next size up would sound perfect though, so thanks Michael for chiming in here and if you are making 3 sizes I cannot be the only one expressing this concern.
Genius method though as ever from Michael. Olly
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
To Sleepy think heavy and you are making it seem lighter, that way the final reveal will be heavy rather than the other way round.
So yes you receive something, Olly
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
To Sleepy think heavy and you are making it seem lighter, that way the final reveal will be heavy rather than the other way round.
So yes you receive something, Olly


Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Yes a physical method plus a gimmick involved too. Olly
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Yes a physical method plus a gimmick involved too. Olly


Oh ok thanks!
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Think industrial revelation in the box already with a few cards on top . So it’s made to feel lighter by physical movement but inevatibly it will be heavy at the end. Olly
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3402 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I have better than 20/20 vision so I could read the numbers no probs at all on Michaels lock. I saw it being performed however in the Ruskin and yes it wasn’t the greatest of lighting but any effect where the spectator needs to get their reading glasses out ( which was happening ) etc creates a pause I could do without. The next size up would sound perfect though, so thanks Michael for chiming in here and if you are making 3 sizes I cannot be the only one expressing this concern.
Genius method though as ever from Michael. Olly

I wear varifocals when I perform because I can’t even read my flashback books without my reading glasses, yet I could read the lock without my glasses in the Spanish bar. I didn’t try it in the Ruskin but if you handed me a menu for dinner there is a 95% chance I’d need to put my reading glasses on to read it. When people need glasses to read they are going to put them on if you ask them to read something. In poor lighting I can’t even get my briefcase open. The numbers are as clear as on any lock this size and are clearer than many that I have seen. For me Deadlock was possibly my favourite purchase at Blackpool and I now carry it everywhere.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available to Pre-order
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=pre-order-totally-free-will
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1633 Posts

Profile of 252life
I use Micheal's lock all the time.
The numbers are a bit small, but the lock is solid and believable.
I ask if they can see the numbers clearly, then proceed or abort.
Most people don't seem to have any difficulty in my experience.
I prefer the small lock personally. I keep it on my keys, and it's become a real go to effect.
I hadn't expected how strong this would play by a long shot btw.

Anyway, really curious about light/heavy.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1633 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
Lseeyou, yes I did and it was not very good at all don’t waste your money. Olly


That probably fixed my curiosity lol
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Michaels lock is wonderful and Mark is correct as he showed me his in the empress ballroom where the lighting was great. I also agree that Michael has made the numbers pronounced and as good as possible for this size. I just would prefer the mid size due to some people’s visibility in darker situations and also the smallness made it a bit fiddly and I believe when most people see the mid range size they would prefer it given the ultimate choice.
That’s my opinion, nevertheless is a great item and one I will be buying and I have pmed Michael for the mid range version when it in stock. Olly
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7513 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’d prefer a standard sized padlock as opposed to one used on a suitcase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackpool convention new releases (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL