The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Heads I win, Tails you lose. My take on the which hand plot. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
smikey12000
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of smikey12000
After all the great reviews
How do we simple folk purchase ?
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of tricky360
Thanks for the reviews guys much appreciated. If you want to purchase, please PayPal £15 GBP to Michaelclark648@gmail.com
Don’t forget to include your email address, and just put WHICH HAND in the notes.

Many thanks,

Michael.
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Michael sent this to me awhile ago because I responded to his initial post about previewing the effect (so sorry Michael for taking FOREVER to post my thoughts!).

This is a wonderful take on two popular plots - “Which Hand” and “Liar v. Truth-teller.”

I’m a BIG fan of leveraging the strengths of existing methods to create new and multi-layered routines. If you’re well-read on the two plots I reference above you won’t learn any new principles - Michael combines ideas from Banachek, Colin McLeod, Michael Murray, and the Other Brothers to produce a routine that is greater than the sum of its parts.

This is an excellent piece to have in your “impromptu arsenal” because all that you need is a coin (and perhaps a piece of paper and pen if you want to include the kicker prediction - which would definitely be my personal preference). That said, this is strong enough for a place in your formal repertoire as well. It has all the ingredients that I look for in a routine: it’s interactive, fun, easy to follow, multi-phased and deceptive.

The caveat with this routine (like any other that is based on logic) is that the participants must be intelligent and sober enough to comprehend directions; and YOU must be confident and straightforward with the scripting so as not to over complicate the mechanics.

I haven’t yet performed it but plan on testing it out during my next mix-and-mingle gig.

Thanks for sharing this Michael!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Hi, I'm interested, is that different from Manos take on this in his last penguin live act?

Best
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Ypnoze - while there are some similarities in underlying methods they are used for very different purposes. I’m an advocate for having a variety of tools/strategies for my favorite plots so if you share that tendency I’d say both are worth learning Smile

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
chennell
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of chennell
I've had the pleasure on many occasions to sit with Michael and enjoy the way he approaches his magic. This is no exception,
The method is deceptively clever in divining who is lying, the scripting is direct and spectator instructions are clear. As a product I found the instructions easy follow as it has been written very well.
i have had great results with this from close friends and family and look forward to performing at my next gig.
i also look forward to further releases.

Great job Michael.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Heads I win, Tails you lose. My take on the which hand plot. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL